2024-03-28, 23:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Challenge thread (got a grudge? time to settle the score)  (Read 31815 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #40 on: 2003-02-15, 10:42 »

Until I smacked you down hard with the Doomguy across two maps, Stormatorium and Deva-Station, and pulled ahead with Strogg on Abandoned Base even though I get lost on that map and was missing my rail shots, I was still holding the advantage at the end.  Who's Your Daddy?

Granted, this was not an official challenge, and yes I did have about 14-17 ping since the server is 2 feet away, but still I felt the need to boast for a change, mainly to show some other people who've complained about Doom being *cough* weak *cough* that Doom should never be underestimated, and by playing a good Slipgater that to me is a test of Doom's mettle.  Nor should Strogg be written off, as handicapped as that class might seem to some at times.  ALL the classes have strengths and weaknesses. B)

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #41 on: 2003-02-15, 15:15 »

I thought people said strogg was week . doom is good doom is strong doom is fast . doom has very cool rockets .
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #42 on: 2003-02-16, 04:26 »

Well Pho I'm flattered you consider me a good Slipgater, but I'm still nowhere near as good in Gen as I am in QW.  I would also like to point out that you I accounted for three of your frags on each map (granted I didn't kill you).  Hardly a smack down  =D

The Abandoned base fight was sick and a lot of fun, I kept up but didn't have the killer instinct I needed to finish it.  Always fun playin ya Pho, once 1.0 is out we'll have to rumble for real.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #43 on: 2003-02-18, 04:12 »

Oh My F'ing Gawd

^^^^^ that was Twilight on Sunday
I waited all evening for him to show up to get it over with, but he was a no-show =/

I hated winning by forefit on the OGL =/
GG?
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #44 on: 2003-02-20, 22:41 »

who:  vadertime
when: whenever
where: any server's fine
maps:  I'll let him pick
class:  any he likes.  We all know what I'll be.

Standard 2 out of 3 maps, 20 frag limit

Rather than threats of physical violence, I'll just kick the s*** out of him in this game, which makes a lot more sense when you think about it.  Not that he'll play me, being the cowardly little bitch I'm sure he is.

Which reminds me, Tek and I tonight, 6 PM PST.  Come watch.
« Last Edit: 2003-02-20, 22:59 by Twilight » Logged
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #45 on: 2003-02-21, 14:39 »

after failing to show up properly for the 2nd pre-arranged time that he set up.. *cough*

2/23/2003 7PM PST

we'll try again to have a match!
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #46 on: 2003-02-24, 05:48 »

I know that after the match, slippy left the game limping from the raping =x

Tekhead > Twilight
--------------------------

Now, onto the next challenge:
PHOENIX!!!!

best 2 out of 3 maps
timelimit 10
fraglimit 10
You choose the first and third map =]
I pick ktsdm3 for the 2nd map

Any class & class changes are allowed [except keen]
Spectators optional
Server: Jolt [unless you can play on your server w/o a ping <30]

Date: Negotiable
did I miss anything else? Lemme know <3
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #47 on: 2003-02-25, 03:45 »

Ugh, if you insist.  Been a while since I played 99b version so don't be surprised if I'm a tad rusty there, and I'm better at FFA than 1 vs 1.  I'll test my connection to Jolt, I've had bad packet spikes even on cable in the past.  Hopefully that's been fixed, but if that's a problem I might see how I'm pinging to WHS.  I can try a dialup connect from this machine to my other machine to see if I ping above 30 and below 150 but I doubt it.  I'll scope a few connections and see what's workable.  Just so long as YOU don't ping 30 to a server that we play on.  Let's be fair, after all.

Best time will be Saturday about 11pm Eastern standard time.  If the time's bad let me know, I'm somewhat flexible.  First map will be Eternal Arenas (Genstart2).  Third map will be The Slimey Place (Gen-q2dm7).  If I lose 2 out of 3 I get a rematch at some point.  Prepare to meet thy DOOM. Slipgate - Wink

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #48 on: 2003-03-02, 05:30 »

Tekhead, you didn't show up!  Shame on you, now we have to reschedule. :wacko:

Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #49 on: 2003-03-02, 22:00 »

huh? show up? what? where? when? why? how?

I don't recall setting a solid date, or getting poked about being late to the game  Slipgate - Sad

However, let's retry for Wednesday or Friday night at 10PM EST. How's that sound?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #50 on: 2003-03-02, 23:10 »

Sounds good, let's try for Wednesday.  I would have poked you, except you weren't in the room all night.  Is ok. Slipgate - Smile

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #51 on: 2003-03-04, 23:00 »

Sorry for the mixup phoenix. I thought my post was gone. I've been a little confused since the forum was updated.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #52 on: 2003-03-11, 03:59 »

I challenge Dicion to a drinking contest! Having a Beer

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #53 on: 2003-03-11, 04:41 »

Whoops, some confusion here.  No, not THAT Confusion.  Vader, I was referring to a private match that Tekhead had wanted.   We missed crossing paths, then Friday he took ill so we're rescheduling that for sometime this week I suppose.  If you do want to play me though then feel free.  I'm usually available between 10pm and 12am weeknights eastern time.

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #54 on: 2003-03-20, 07:33 »

I would but my connection is nearly worthless. I never know when I can connect or not except when I'm at school using their connection. I always knew you were a reasonable level-headed guy. OObey seems to be the snotty one because I remember on the old forum, there was a thread called spawn of the off topic and then there was his thread, and he killed the other thread because he liked his better. It wasn't my thread so I wasn't really offended, but it still smelled like elitist pig. Maybe we should gang up on him sometime. Let's roast him and see if he smells like bacon. I remember somebody on that other nasty thread I started asking me if I felt like a "big man" for going wild like that. Actually I felt stepped on or something like it at the time. There's so much I don't have and can't seem to get done that sometimes it really gets to me. I'd even make my own mods if I could, but right now I don't even know how to send bots to anybody here. :ph34r:
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #55 on: 2003-03-20, 07:52 »

Am I getting any more popular? Will I be off probation anytime soon? Mostly I'm tired of being an imp. I'd like to be a more respectable monster than those damn stupid brown things that I hate. There's rarely just one, they look like shit, and they're too tough for what they are so I get mad when I see them and get rid of them as quick as I can. Just don't make me a lost soul, they're even worse. I guess I really do have an inferiority-misery complex.  Having a Beer
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: