2024-04-20, 08:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Judge overstepping himself? (Thoughts on this?)  (Read 5673 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« on: 2003-11-06, 22:50 »

Breif Summary by news editor.
Simone Holcomb has put her Army career in jeopardy to provide care for her husband's children in a custody dispute. A Colorado court has ruled that either Holcomb or her husband Vaughn must remain in the United States in order for the Holcombs to retain full custody of Vaughn's two children from a previous marriage.

How can a judge be able to do this? I know how the army should react to this, and I dont think she should really be suprised by their reactions, or punishments.  The Army should not waver in what should be done, yes there are special cases, but rules are meant to keep everyone in line and changing them for one isnt always for the best.

Full story here.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Central/11/05/c...comb/index.html
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-06, 23:05 »

This log contains my arguments, as well as a lot of yours...

http://www.redx-entertainment.com/army_log.html

The CC Staff: Helping to work towards a cleaner, more efficient Controversy Corner!
« Last Edit: 2003-11-06, 23:26 by OoBeY » Logged
[WaRdeN]

Team Member
Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-06, 23:36 »

A little reminder on Military service.

USMC = "U Signed the Mothersporking Contract"

Anything resulting from that is your own damned fault.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-06, 23:39 »

The only question I have here is whether both parents were and are still contracted. The military isn't something you sign up for on a whim because you need some more cash, many people in the US have conveniently forgotten this.

Do I believe this is good for the children? no, do I believe this is good for the parents? no. But am I going to believe that is a personal conflict between this lady and her unit? no again. There's a chain of command, climb it.

edit:
USMC = "U Signed the Mothersporking Contract"
EXACTLY
« Last Edit: 2003-11-06, 23:40 by Angst » Logged

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2003-11-07, 00:52 »

This is why the military rather frowns on big families, especially when both parents are in the service.  It's conflict of interest to raise a family at the same time you have to be prepared to fight a war.  They make as many concessions as they can to try to support raising a family, but in this case these two stepped in it of their own doing.  When you join the military you're expected to do 2 things:

1)  Follow orders
2)  Stand your ground and fight

Anything else is secondary.  If you're not in the military to defend your country, you're in it for the wrong reasons.  All I can say for these to is that it sucks to be them.  They should have thought about this before hand.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #5 on: 2003-11-07, 03:09 »

NAVY: Never Again Volunteer Yourself

courtesy of my dad who was in the NAVY for 8 years..
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2003-11-07, 06:25 »

if you cant stand the heat stay away from the napalm. shit or get off the pot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: