2024-04-25, 19:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is... the Meatrix?  (Read 9686 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« on: 2003-11-07, 10:25 »

http://www.themeatrix.com/
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-07, 11:07 »

Rofl. Good points though. Slipgate - Wink
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-07, 16:31 »

Already seen it, though it is still humurous, even if the reality behind it is not
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-08, 04:51 »

Cute, but an exponentially growing population (that uses up room of its own) demands a foodsource that grows at a similar rate, but in less land. And despite what some say, we're Omnivores, not pure Herbivores, so we need meat, and that has to come from somewhere. A mom & pop situation would not be anywhere near capable of sustaining the output needed...

It's a fact of life. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: 2003-11-08, 04:53 by OoBeY » Logged
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #4 on: 2003-11-09, 07:24 »

A fact of life? I think not. Maybe a fact of society, but certainly not life. We would not need such outlandish amounts of meat if our own species was not over populated, and growing by the hour. Natural selection has, for the most part, been done away with. No longer do the weak die, for they are kept alive as a commodity of sorts in many cases. Obviously, since so many of you depend upon this society and do not wish for the special barriers to be breeched, I'd say we just start breeding humans for food instead, or open up a designated hunting season and location for homo sapiens. This would, in turn, take care of the two problems at hand? Unless, of course, you perceive a difference between eating filthy, disease ridden animals and eating cattle (and pigs, chickens, etc of course).
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-11-09, 13:37 »

Slipgate - Roll Eyes  dev , what the hell do you CARE

ypu only eat babys , and you aready apologized against them
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2003-11-09, 16:07 »

It was funny at the start...*Shakes her head*  Animal cruelty my big left boob!  And the resistant bacteria?  Don't get me started on that.  Although I do agree that big business has hurt the small farm, that's about the only thing I agree with in that thing.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2003-11-09, 21:30 »

Oh, yes, natural selection in humans has been done away with, because EVERYONE knows that first world countries (where such means to eliminate NS do exist) make up the majority of the world's population. Except, of course, for the fact that they don't...

You know, I like how you talked about us being able to extend our own life, and reduce the death rate of the weak (presumably by reducing the diseases that would, you know, claim the weak) and then later on proceed to call us filthy, and disease ridden. How exactly do you propose that we have managed to at once prolong the life of those who would be the most susceptible to disease (and not eliminate their susceptibility, since you still referred to them as weak, and not simply "the old") while at the same time increasing the state of filth we apparently live in, as well as the number of diseases plaguing us?

Really, if you're going to make outlandish claims about the state of society, at least try to remain consistent within your own arguments, if only for your own sake.

P.S. I'm also curious as to the 'special barriers' you mentioned. Since they haven't been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, and I can't quite discern their meaning from your post, would you care to elaborate?
« Last Edit: 2003-11-09, 21:33 by OoBeY » Logged
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-11-10, 17:08 »

Uh, 95% of that was a joke... I really can't see humans tasting too good, or providing an acceptable quantity of meat Slipgate - Tongue
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #9 on: 2003-11-11, 01:14 »

Fair enough. Slipgate - Smile
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2003-11-11, 21:25 »

Fair? This is CC! FLAME ON!
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2003-11-12, 01:39 »

Tsk... outsiders...  Slipgate - Roll Eyes

Slipgate - Smile
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #12 on: 2003-11-15, 14:10 »

Great movie, but unfortunately also the reality for the overpopulated country I'm living in.
Be happy that in the USA there's still space left for REAL farms.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-11-16, 05:57 »

I haven't watched the clip but if we're on the subject of populations and food I invite anyone to visit a factory farm sometime where chickens are raised and see the conditions there.  I then encourage you to visit a rendering plant and see what goes into fluffy's dog biscuits.  Then go see a sweat shop factory overseas where children work 14 hours a day and get maimed routinely in dangerous equipment, all for the privelege of living in a hovel with barely enough to eat to live.  Then contemplate how "civilized" your civilization is.  I understand the economic and logistical reasons that things are done this way, but it only makes me hate this abomination of a society you've built even more.  Oh we birds will have our revenge.  As it is written, so it shall be done.  When mankind blows itself halfway off the face of the earth we'll be waiting to feast on the resultant carnage.  So relax.  I doubt you'll ever have to worry about eating any soylent green any time soon, or overpopulating the earth to the breaking point.  Nature has defense mechanisms against such things.  One way or another you'll experience a rather drastic culling of the population, and probably soon at the current rate of insurrection and war, disease, and natural disasters this world is experiencing.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #14 on: 2003-11-16, 08:24 »

Come now Pho.

You know the real reason behind this is because humanity is ignorant to things beyond material obejcts. All they want is their damned machines and their instant gratification. What the world needs is another age of Majik and enlighenment.

The movie is dead on though. I have seen this bullshit first hand and I must say I am not very happy with it. That movie just gave me more reasons to hate eating meat....that and The Jungle...

Beer? I'm down.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #15 on: 2003-11-20, 06:55 »

Soylent green is people? ...  Well shit...

/me takes another bite.

In all, somewhat, semi-seriousness though, I distinctly remember dev/null providing me with an interesting link.  I have dug it up from the vast amount of website addresses that I have yet to bookmark (note all,) for your inquisitive pleasure.

Butchering the Human Carcass for Human Consumption

To be serious, it does suck to see any business or industry die out.  However, and as much as I hate to say/acknowledge this, a business should not exist if it does not have an economic right to.  I can't think of any other industry that hasn't been industrialized already.  Hell, most businesses are outsourcing by now.  I could very well be mistaken of course.

Gah... ok I did just think of one.  A major one at that... The videogame industry hasn't really been "industrialized" in a sense... Major publishers such as VU and EA do sweep up start-up companies left and right though...

Meh, screw it!  Any entertainment industry does not count in this analysis.  Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2003-11-20, 07:02 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2003-11-20, 06:58 »

That's just gross!
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #17 on: 2003-11-20, 07:20 »

You know, that is probally the most disgusting link I have ever seen.... Fainting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: