2024-03-29, 12:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Like fast food? (You probably won't after this)  (Read 7277 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2003-11-17, 05:57 »

I  spotted this link in the comments on shacknews, and read the whole thing.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/992692.asp

I was sickened beyond all belief.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-17, 08:26 »

If you kill it yourself you don't have to worry about someone else mishandling your food.  Slipgate - Laugh

I might bring up the fact that the current trend of "antiseptic, antibacterial everything" combined with unsanitary eating conditions is a bad mix.  Removing germs from your environment completely tends to weaken the body's resistance to them.  A weakened resistance combined with exposure to an increased bacterial level results in getting very sick.  Go take a dust bath every once in a while.  It's good for you!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-17, 08:59 »

I concur. I also would like to say that antibacterial gel is a crock ! We did an experiment in AP Biology long ago where we looked at our hands under UV light. Some ppl washed their hands w/ just water, some w/ soap and water, some w/ antibacterial gel. I'll give you 1 guess as to which one made it worse and only made it spread ...

And it doesn't surprise me that BK is #1. I never really liked BK all that much to begin w/. GEE GEE Runza !
« Last Edit: 2003-11-17, 09:01 by l4mby » Logged
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-17, 11:22 »

Quote from: Phoenix

I might bring up the fact that the current trend of "antiseptic, antibacterial everything" combined with unsanitary eating conditions is a bad mix.  Removing germs from your environment completely tends to weaken the body's resistance to them.  A weakened resistance combined with exposure to an increased bacterial level results in getting very sick.  Go take a dust bath every once in a while.  It's good for you!
If i must (semi)quote george carlin...

"When I was a kid, noone in our neighborhood got sick.... ya know why? Because we SWAM IN SHIT.... "
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2003-11-17, 16:37 »

While im not proud to say this i did work in 3 fast food resturants. Really the odds are pretty good the kitchens in most of them are going to be cleaner than yours.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #5 on: 2003-11-17, 16:42 »

Oh my God, fast food is filthy and may cause sickness? You mean those burgers that they allow to sit around all day are not up to snuff with health codes?

I don't see why this is surprising in the least bit... I am, however, shocked to see the order in which they rank. I've always thought of Wendy's as a rather decent place, really, hehe.
« Last Edit: 2003-11-17, 16:43 by dev/null » Logged
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #6 on: 2003-11-17, 18:51 »

Burgers sit around all day? Never on my shift, I always cooked fresh as i was told to.....heh, god i hated cleaning behind that stove....
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-11-17, 19:28 »

lil: which is why it never gets cleaned Slipgate - Tongue.

My worst restaurant experience was actually Ponderosa. I'm sorry, but there's no conceivable excuse to having enough aphids on my sprig of parsely to turn it grey. You'd think these people could spare a mite of their miniscule attention spans to keep the mites out of me food.. Slipgate - Tongue

Possible extra protien yes, but I had cowflesh for that, thankyou..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-11-17, 20:41 »

My grandmother just recently retired as manager at the local Ponderosa... To be quite honest, every other Ponderosa I've been too has been horrible. However, my worse experience has always been with Taco Bell. I have never seen them use gloves, even when they're picking up cheese and letuce and such to put on your food. Let's not neglect to mention just how horrible their actual meat is too... I'm pretty sure it's not made of cows Slipgate - Tongue
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2003-11-18, 02:03 »

I'm not really shocked by all of this. There's so much junk food out in the world, it's overwhelming. At OSU, I can't even get a decent breakfast that isn't coated in grease or fat, like crossaint or butter biscut egg sandwiches, with watered-down orange juice.

<_<  :angry:  Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2003-11-18, 18:56 by Tekhead » Logged
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #10 on: 2003-11-18, 06:22 »

Im disgusted....

Beer? I'm down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: