2024-03-28, 23:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Capital Punishment (For or Against)  (Read 4313 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2003-11-20, 06:48 »

Personally, I have nothing against capital punishment. I'm a pretty firm believer in an eye for an eye. If a man beats, rapes, and murders his girlfriend, fry him. That kind of monster does not deserve to go free to do it again to another innocent.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-20, 09:07 »

I've heard it said that "an eye for an eye would leave the world blind."  I disagree.  I think it's a good deterrant.  Don't want your eye gouged out?  Don't do it to anybody else.  I say if you rape someone you are violating them.  You should be violated too.  Cut off your genitals and you can't rape anyone, or breed more rapists later with your sick filthy genes.  Don't want to lose it?  Don't go doing such things.  People who screw up should get second chances, sure, but people who are malicious evil-doers, on the other hand, need to be dealt with severely.  The only language that scum understands is force.  Constant vigilance against wickedness is the only defense.  I'm all for capital punishment.  I think some punishments are too soft.  When the victims get a lifetime of pain and mental anguish and the rapists and murders get paroled after 20 years of free meals and cable TV then no justice has been served.

My only problem is in trusting the judgement of the courts on this sort of thing.  Tough is good, but then I also remember the Inquisition and the horrible things done when people have too much power over the fates of others.  There needs to be more concern with truth-seeking and less with case-winning and career building for lawyers.  I long for divine justice, where no doubt is left and nothing to chance.  Until such a time comes I think it's best to off the bad guys when they need it.  If you kill someone, or rape someone, or brutally maim someone, then you deserve no less yourself.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-20, 13:52 »

Some people just can't be reasoned with.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-20, 16:52 »

*snicker* irony *snicker*  Slipgate - Laugh

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: