2024-03-28, 12:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: LooF  (Read 23076 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2003-01-28, 09:02 »

*sigh* I've been watching all this from the sidelines, analyzing and digesting it, and so far this is what I see.

LooF has a bad tendency to take ANYTHING personal when it's not.  She has a very short fuse (shorter than mine by a great length) and is very vengeful.  If you're kind to her she can be kind, if she wants to.  The only way you can deal with her attitude is to ignore anything she says that's negative and try not to provoke her.

Most of the regulars in #wirehead don't keep a cool head so easily.  Some of you, and I won't name names, you know who you are, deliberately went out of your way to antagonize her.   Most people just got tired of being called names, playing nice and getting their noses rubbed in the dirt repeatedly, and started fighting back verbally.  The result was a tit-for-tat flamewar, much of like what we're now seeing with Mojo on the boards.

This just shows the worst of human nature at work.  Everyone gets mad, and everyone does bad things at points.  Forgiveness must be in your natures, but also, when is enough enough?  Where do you draw the line?  Sure, we've all heard to "turn the other cheek", but there's also a phrase regarding casting your pearls before swine.  Who is who in this case is becoming awfully hard to tell anymore.  Some people just will not change, are mean-spirited, and are just itching for a chance to take it out on someone who's not treating them very nicely.  Doing in revenge those actions which you are angered at another having done to you only makes you BECOME them.  I learned that lesson long ago, in payment for a grievous sin I committed, for as I became full of hatred and wrath toward mankind for what evils man has done to this world and to fellow man, in doing so, I became equally guilty of the same evil, and became the very object of my own derision.  Now I see why I had to learn this lesson.  Can you not see what you are doing here?  Take off your blinders and look in the mirror people!  Who's without any blame here in this?

To those who have lashed out at LooF, I ask you, is that what you want?  Think about what you're doing, and why.  Does it solve anything, or does it just perpetuate the animosity?  And Tekhead, to LooF I might ask, why can't you stop acting so childish, grow some thicker skin, and stop provoking others?  So what if people disapoint you, what right do you have to expect them to live according to your schedule or psychological rules?  If you can't behave in the chat room and don't like the harassment that results from being mean-spirited, then stay out until you can better deal with people.  Otherwise expect it and get used to it, and let it roll off your back.

I think all of you can do better than this.  I KNOW you can.  Slipgate - Sad

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #21 on: 2003-01-28, 09:12 »

well, im just going to ignore her from now on, i tried to help, and got snuffed, but i dont want another flame war, i will stick with the kindness i could give
LooF

Imp

« Reply #22 on: 2003-01-28, 23:20 »

I don't go in wirehead I don't want to go into wirehead and I won't go in wirehead. I haven't for a month unless I wanted to see if someone was online which was I guess about three times, so you have no arguement

I really don't care what most of you think of me or how much you've had of me and how much more you're going to take. this only got started because someone dosed me last night because they thought I was trying to kill your stupid W link
« Last Edit: 2003-01-28, 23:22 by LooF » Logged
Byskwik

« Reply #23 on: 2003-01-29, 00:43 »

If you don't care, why bother posting? If you're through with wirehead, be through with it and leave it be all together.  
  As for the W thing, I've seen the logs, you did try to kill the connection. Had you just been wondering all you would have done is ask [WaRdeN] instead of going to ETG. If you don't want to admit to it that's fine, since no one really cares.
  Lastly, as usual, you have the need to get in the last word no matter what. Even though for all intents and purposes Tab & Pho defended you, you still had the need to take a pot shot. Please, prove me wrong, show us all you do have some level of maturity by not replying.
LooF

Imp

« Reply #24 on: 2003-01-29, 00:49 »

shows us you have some deceny by getting rid of that picture
Byskwik

« Reply #25 on: 2003-01-29, 01:00 »

Clever, yet you still failed, I said DON'T RESPOND.
 As for my signature, I find nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry you're offended, but it's just a woman with her had on a mouse.
LooF

Imp

« Reply #26 on: 2003-01-29, 01:02 »

yes and I'm sure that's why you put it there. you just keep telling yourself that.

oh by the way I did tell you why I posted in the first place maybe if you read what I said instead of just itching to hit the reply button and try to prove you're better than me and provoke me,you'd see that.

I said someone DoSed me hellllo?
« Last Edit: 2003-01-29, 01:09 by LooF » Logged
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #27 on: 2003-01-29, 01:22 »

Not really a cohesive rant, per se, I'm just going to take this in random little bits and bites...

I said someone DoSed me hellllo?
Hi there. I'd like to know the point of you saying that. Are you insinuating something? Unless you've got solid proof, I'd prefer it if you didn't resort to baseless mud-slinging.

Oh, btw, Byskwik, I've read her posts four times now, and the closes thing I can find to a reason for her posting is:
I really don't care what most of you think of me or how much you've had of me and how much more you're going to take.

Also, no one's answered how exactly I'm supposed to interpret the whole #etg comment about trans-networks bots. If the answer is curiousity, the Rules and Policies on ETG.net are widely available (took me roughly a minute, max, to find this) http://help.enterthegame.com/etg-rules.htm

I think that sorts covers the really hot flaming issues as of right now, I will of course be sounding off later to address anything else that comes up or anything I've missed...
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #28 on: 2003-01-29, 01:24 »

It doesn't even have to be a woman's hand if you don't want it to be.  I used to have my nails done like that, though I had a very tasteful shade of steel blue instead of red.
LooF

Imp

« Reply #29 on: 2003-01-29, 01:28 »

oobey follow your own advice you have no solid proof that I was trying to kill W
Byskwik

« Reply #30 on: 2003-01-29, 01:31 »

Sorry Twi, I amend that. A hand on a mouse. Though that gets me thinkin, maybe it'd look better in black and white. It'd match my Avatar at least.
« Last Edit: 2003-01-29, 01:34 by Byskwik » Logged
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #31 on: 2003-01-29, 01:38 »

I'm sorry, I was assuming that you, like everyone else who was involved in this, would remeber things that you said last night, and would thus understand the irony of my case, and why what you just said right now is EXACTLY my point. Here's a refresher, in case you forgot:

LooF2000: twilight why did they want to DOS me?
OnikageJN: b/c you tried to spork with W?
LooF2000: they don't know that
OnikageJN: yes loof, they do
LooF2000: they assumed it

So, stop assuming anyone DoSed you...
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #32 on: 2003-01-29, 01:47 »

what's that fable about the pot and the kettle again?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #33 on: 2003-01-29, 02:12 »

Not much I can say here that hasn't already, but in the end it really amounts to this: I stood up for loof on a couple of occasions. I won't say a number because I tried staying on the sidelines and failed miserably. Primarily because more often than not, when I had requested some help regarding what I was working on, or dropped a screenshot of a work in progress, loof would dump some comment about how it sucks, or how she could do better with two hands and a leg tied behind her back.

Case in point, the other night on IRC when I was having some problems with the q3 source while working on a side-project mod. Hell, I'm no coder, but loof saying something along the lines of "well, maybe you just suck" was uncalled for. I have never once looked at something loof made and said "you suck" I simply point out any problems I might find.

I've seen her say she's trying to be helpful, but a personal attack franky isn't..

She also says she does this for attention, again, attention is best gained by one's success not by insulting everything in sight.

In the end, as far as I'm concerned, loof is an individual with a hell of a lot of potential who insists on being a horrible person.

Prove me wrong, please.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #34 on: 2003-01-29, 06:58 »

i dont know her..but when me and twi were 1vs1 ing she totally flamed all of wirehead's work on gen and said it basically was shitty. that pissed me off, but i didnt hold that against anyone. i tried to be kind to her..but i basically got a big 'spork off' per say..i dunno..shit like that bothers me..maybe im too soft or whatever, but, i say, comments like that should be kept to yourself..u dont hear me calling ward anything or anyone else. im still concidered a no0b to most of everyone..and sometimes people belittle me..but if it came down to it..i'd give LooF one more chance..but if that was screwed..then all of you, even you tek, should see that some people, just dont change.
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #35 on: 2003-01-29, 20:15 »

I don't believe anyone who has been at close proximity to Loof. I haven't had anything against her, but I have heard too much stories. If one wants to kill W, it's an open attack towards wirehead.

i dont know her..but when me and twi were 1vs1 ing she totally flamed all of wirehead's work on gen and said it basically was shitty.

Open criticism is ok, but that doesn't sound like it.
« Last Edit: 2003-01-29, 20:28 by Atom235 » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #36 on: 2003-01-29, 20:45 »

When ppls start talking shit or insulting me i just ignore them, im just not letting it affect me.don't cost me anything and i don't get angry.  try it yourself.

I am not in anyway defending LooF, she needs to grow up.what she did towards the ppls in wirehead was not nice.
but to flame LooF in this way is not kind after all she do have the same kind feeling as we all do.
Im willing to give LooF another chance after all as tekhead said she makes pretty good maps.
Byskwik

« Reply #37 on: 2003-01-29, 21:29 »

I'm not saying she deserves this, but I will say is that she brought all of this on herself. Had she left it were it was this thread would have died. I'm very much in agreement that this has gone on too far. But as long as someone tries to blame others, those accused have a right to post a reply.
  Please people, allow this to die so that we can leave it as a reminder for future posters.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #38 on: 2003-02-02, 04:02 »

Well, gee, where do I can begin.....

LooF: You have some major personality flaws you need to work on. You are overly sensitive at times(more than not) and that is your main problem. Another is you insessant manipulation. You have got to stop starting shit and hiding behind certain admins(Ward). And if you ask someone for there help in dealing with this stuff (me or my older brother) don't turn around and get mad when we point out something to you.

I have always had this belief that everyone is worth patience. Mine is almost gone and alot of other people's patience has been drawn and quartered.  There is hope yet. If you can just let things go in one ear and out the other I guarentee that things will be alot better for all of us.

There's my two cents.....dont go off on me.....

Beer? I'm down.
Byskwik

« Reply #39 on: 2003-02-02, 06:52 »

I won't get give her the chance. SHUT UP! You're late, it's over. You're just adding fuel to a dying fire. Everything's been said at least once, and in most cases three or four times. If she didn't listen the first time she won't just cause you said it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: