2024-03-28, 18:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dvd's That Need To Be Released (List 'em here...)  (Read 13018 times)
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« on: 2003-12-03, 21:05 »

Cemetary Man
The Addiction
The Hunger
Pee-Wee's Playhouse
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-03, 21:23 »

Pee-Wee is the only one I've heard about...

I'm waiting for the US release of the new Sailor Moon live action series

Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!
« Last Edit: 2003-12-03, 21:24 by dna » Logged
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-03, 21:27 »

Definetly HellRaiser III. It was on dvd in like 1998, but got discontinued.  I demand a re-release so I can have all 6 of them!  :ph34r:
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-03, 23:32 »

The original, un-editied Star Wars trilogy.
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-03, 23:40 »

>The original, un-editied Star Wars trilogy.

I think the edits theyre making and the enhancements to make it tie into the new films are pretty cool.  The untouched originals should be on the discs too, though.
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-04, 01:11 »

dna, friend of mine showed me that live action thing.  Someone hold me, I'm frightened.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-04, 01:20 »

Quote from: dna
Pee-Wee is the only one I've heard about...
Well, Cemetery Man is an Italian film that deals with the concept of the dead coming back. The star of the film is the groundskeeper at said cemetery and must rekill them once they return, thus placing them in a final state of death. It mixes dark humor and gore quite well, I must say.

The Addiction is a black and white vampire film that deals with the passion of bloodletting much in the same way of drug use. The directing is nice, and there is some stolen philosophy which fits in well with the dialogue. Christopher Walken is in it, though briefly.

The Hunger is yet another vampire film. Though not as great as it could have been, it is still a classic of its genre, and having David Bowie as a lead role doesn?t hurt one bit either Slipgate - Wink
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-04, 01:24 »

Quote from: Demonwench
dna, friend of mine showed me that live action thing.  Someone hold me, I'm frightened.
You ...uh... want me to hook you up?  I've got up to episode 8... Slipgate - Laugh  And the "Making of..." special.  Just say the word, and you could have your own love-beam attack in the privacy of your own home.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-04, 05:43 »

i want every godzilla movie on dvd. woohoo my 100th post!
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-04, 07:59 »

Quote from: Woodsman
i want every godzilla movie on dvd. woohoo my 100th post!
Same here.  Unfortunately those bastards are taking their sweet-ass time in doing so.  I've gotten just about every Godzilla DVD released save 2 I believe and that only amounts to 8 total. Slipgate - Sad  (I'm not counting the american Godzilla and Rodan.)  What further upsets me is that the DVDs are primarily a joke when it comes to features.  All of the films have no extra features and most don't even have credits.  I'm hoping that the two latest DVDs coming out will have actual features.  Until then, I'll just have to download pirated versions or import from Japan.  They also better hurry up and bring over Godzilla x Mechagodzilla and Godzilla x Mechagodzilla x Mothra whenever that hits DVD.

I'm also looking quite forward to the Alien Quintology.  Anybody have a spare $99 they want to give me?  Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2003-12-04, 08:00 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-04, 15:35 »

I have Godzilla 2000 on DVD, aside from that I didn't even realize the others were obtainable. I'd shoot myself in the foot before watching that horrid American version though, yuck.  :blink:

The Alien Quintology seems like a waste to me, since Aliens 3 and Resurrection were not that good. I am curious about the Director's Cut of Alien, however, that was just recently released in theaters.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-04, 16:06 »

i have godzilla king of the monsters godzilla's revenge terror of mecha godzilla and godzilla vs mothra on dvd in addition to godzilla 2000. there are others you can get on dvd but i dont have them all.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-04, 17:00 »

Eek The Cat & The Thunderlizards on DVD.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-04, 17:41 »

Quote from: Woodsman
i have godzilla king of the monsters godzilla's revenge terror of mecha godzilla and godzilla vs mothra on dvd in addition to godzilla 2000. there are others you can get on dvd but i dont have them all.
Wow!  Another example of punctuation gone awry Slipgate - Wink  It's really you, isn't it GK?
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #14 on: 2003-12-04, 17:43 »

I'd like to see BOTH Star Wars (non-special and special edition) on DVD.

I'd also enjoy seeing the cartoon series "Captian Simian and the Space Monkeys" on DVD.  Although it wasn't really popular, I love it.  I grew up on that show.  There are only 26 episodes at 20 min each.

Anyone else heard of it?  Theres an awsome fan site about it.  The only good and reliable site about the show on the Internet, for all I know.  If you're curious:

Splitzy's Planet of the Space Monkeys

-JL
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #15 on: 2003-12-05, 00:22 »

Dev/Null:  Try searching around in the $5.88 pile at Wal-Mart.  I snagged 5 of them there. Slipgate - Tongue

Rublicaxe:  I loved that show!  I'd like to see that on DVD as well.  I'd also like to see a DVD collection of Samurai Pizza Cats now that I think about it some more.  I would prefer if it had both the Japanese and the English versions of each episode as well. Slipgate - Tongue

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #16 on: 2003-12-05, 02:28 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier
Dev/Null:  Try searching around in the $5.88 pile at Wal-Mart.  I snagged 5 of them there. Slipgate - Tongue
I've looked around in those a bit, but never saw anything of true interest. I guess I shall have to dig deeper next time  Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2003-12-06, 10:53 »

I would like to see the unedited directors cut of the original Dune movie.  I have a dubbed VHS copy, but it's missing a few scenes thanks to censorship (heart plug, anyone?).  It also has the Sci-Fi channel logo on it (this was when I actually had cable, around 8 years ago).  It was so much better than the theatrical release.  They should have stuck with the 3 hour version and told the editors to go suck it.

(Note:  This is the version with Patrick Stewart as Gurney, NOT the remake.  I've not seen that one yet.)

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #18 on: 2003-12-07, 03:36 »

Hollywood is too busy wasting time on extended Lord of the Ring DVDs to fiddle with something worthy of my time, such as Dune. However, if you want to purchase a fake version of the Director's Cut, you can go here  Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2003-12-07, 03:37 by dev/null » Logged
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #19 on: 2003-12-23, 07:57 »

:offtopic but...
Sweet, sweet nectar!  Drudging through the horrible crowds at the Wal-Mart Super Center in quest of food, a holy glitter of light caught my eye.  'Lo and behold was the sacred, faux-named Alien Quadrilogy.  I gazed upon it with an anim?-eye-ish wonder and was shocked by the revelation that was the price.  76 USD!  "What chicanery be this," I cried to myself!  Alas, it was no ruse.  9 wonderful DVDs of pure, Gigeresque goodness for less than $10 a piece!  My quest was very fruitful today.  I merely wish to enlighten the rest of you.

To be on-topic,
I'd like to see the same treatment done to the Predator, Terminator, and possibly the Robocop series as well. Slipgate - Smile

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: