2024-04-20, 08:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Conclusion Of (evolution is ruin)  (Read 5917 times)
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2003-12-03, 22:19 »

Another "blame the... " case
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-04, 01:12 »

humans were unnecessary beings who were destroying the world's environment

Sounds like a good message to me...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-04, 02:10 »

Some people are obviously just sporked up to begin with.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-04, 07:42 »

Yeah that is pretty screwed up.  I'm really shocked to see something like this happen in Japan too.  I hope this monkey see, monkey do, monkey blame crap doesn't spread to Canada as well.  <_<   If it does, then I just lost more respect for humanity as a whole.  Maybe I should go around hitting people with baseball bats...  :unsure:

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-04, 18:45 »

Welly welly well, this is a convenient thread..

I overheard a bit of conversation in the hall earlier..

"Dude, it was better with Clinton in office. I mean, he didn't inhale. Bush did, and his daughters are, like, alcoholic crack-fiends."

So yeah.. Every time I start getting up a little hope for humanity, there ya go..  :angry:

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-05, 18:44 »

As for Clinton, all I can say is "Inhale to the Chief." I still believe he snorted coke.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-05, 18:44 by Woolie Wool » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-06, 08:04 »

GG Search engines.  Here's the text:

YAMAGATA -- A man accused of beating his mother to death with a baseball bat was influenced by a cartoon that made him believe humans were unnecessary beings, prosecutors told the Yamagata District Court on Monday.
In opening statements at the trial of Hiroyuki Tsuchida, 22, prosecutors claimed that watching the science-fiction cartoon "Neon Genesis Evangelion" had made Tsuchida believe a phrase in it that said, "The ultimate conclusion of (human) evolution is ruin."

He also came to believe that humans were unnecessary beings who were destroying the world's environment, and in turn began to want to kill people, prosecutors said.

They said the man fatally smashed his mother in the head with a baseball bat at about 2 p.m. on June 25, thinking that if he killed family members he would not hesitate when murdering others.

A representative of Gainax, the firm involved in writing and producing the cartoon, said it did not think the content of the cartoon was related to the killing. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Dec. 2, 2003)

Now the part about believing humans are unneccesary beings that destroy the world's environment I would have agreed with some years ago.  You do destroy the environment, and I really wish you'd quit doing it.  As for being unnecessary, well, even I have to admit that if that were true then God would not have created man in the first place.  God does nothing without purpose, even if some (like me) are too blind to see it at the time.

In a related story, get a load of this rubbish:

http://www.sunspot.net/news/bal-te.md.draw...-home-headlines

It seems that they not only BLAME video games and other forms of entertainment, but they hide behind them too.  If people are gullible enough to believe them in a trial and let them off the hook for such ridiculous defense claims why should any being put any faith in mankind?  I've seen this kind of madness before.  It didn't lead to a pretty end either.  Slipgate - Sad  [/color]

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: