2024-04-25, 07:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not All Americans Are Stupid! (...are they?)  (Read 10343 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« on: 2003-12-06, 11:48 »

http://www.netcartoon.net/naaas/quiz.html
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-06, 16:41 »

Stupid like a fox!
 Thumbs up!
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-06, 20:57 »

You answered 12 questions correctly out of 20.

For an American, your knowledge of the world and its history is surprisingly good. About the same as the average school-age person in any other country. If you are at school, congratulations. If you are an adult, try harder. Read books, visit other countries, and watch less television. Learn to understand the world better and you could become an ambassador for your country, demonstrating that Americans are not all stupid.

And whaddya know, I AM school-age... Slipgate - Smile
(P.S. This is the result of outside learning, not the U.S. education system.)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-06, 21:54 »

well im not an american but i took the test anyways Slipgate - Wink

You answered 12 questions correctly out of 20.
Well done. You have a fairly good understanding of the world and its history.

hehe just loved when i got the question: what is the capital city in Sweden... doh Slipgate - Wink
Vorlonesque

Team Member
Pain Elemental

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-06, 22:46 »

"You answered 17 questions correctly out of 20.

You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate."

OLO!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I like how they assume that if you have any brains you must agree with them lollerskates!
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-06, 23:42 »

Hehe ... mine was the same as Vorlonesque's.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-07, 07:51 »

Quote from: Vorlonesque
"You answered 17 questions correctly out of 20.

You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate."

OLO!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

I like how they assume that if you have any brains you must agree with them lollerskates!
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the funniest damned thing I've ever read. Could they possibly be any more self-righteous and condescending?
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-07, 08:08 »

I took the quiz a second time, and this time I didn't get completely off the wall questions like "What club did the beatles first play at?" and "What is the capital of New Zealand?" (Honestly, how many Europeans could answer that one, huh?). I was rewarded with:

You answered 20 questions correctly out of 20.

If you are American, the only way you got this score is by doing the quiz 50 times, and memorizing the correct answers. You need to approach the world in a less aggressively competitive way and learn to live with your inadequacies, rather than seeking to feel through bigotry and false national pride.

Yeah, screw you too, you condescending pricks. I scored a sporking 1500 on my SATs. No offense to any europeans here, but bigotry goes both ways, and people like this give you folks across the pond a seriously bad image in most American's eyes.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-07, 08:46 »

In a world of blind people the one-eyed man is a god so long as he taps his cane...

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-07, 11:42 »

Damn... 12 out of 20. heh
Some of those questions were fairly hard. Slipgate - Tongue  I don't think it's exactly fair to ask me questions about Christianity either when I know nothing about it other than the general synopsis.  I had about three of those.  <_<

Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-07, 14:10 »

You answered 20 questions correctly out of 20.

You are clearly an intellectual giant. Or possibly you found a way to cheat. Either way, congratulations.

..this is what happens if you're from somewhere else on the quiz and get a perfect score.  Slipgate - Roll Eyes

You answered 0 questions correctly out of 20.

You were unable to answer even one question relating to the world outside America. Your understanding of other people and other times is appalling. It is small wonder you are a target of ridicule. You slavishly swallow all the lies and propoganda which your government pumps out as fast as you can digest it. In fact, it is unlikely you have even managed to read this far, since words of more than one syllable cause you physical discomfort. The only hope for you is compulsory lobotomy.

(as an American ^^)

You answered 0 questions correctly out of 20.

You couldn't answer any of the questions correctly. Perhaps you are an American who ticked the wrong box? If you are not American you have no excuse. Maybe you should think about emigrating to America, where at least you will find yourself in good company.

(as a non-American ^^)

Ah well... French Fries anyone?

Oh yeah, on a side note, google "not all americans are stupid" and be astonished (or appalled?) by the results. Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-12-07, 14:15 by Tekhead » Logged
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-07, 18:20 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier
Damn... 12 out of 20. heh
Some of those questions were fairly hard. Slipgate - Tongue  I don't think it's exactly fair to ask me questions about Christianity either when I know nothing about it other than the general synopsis.  I had about three of those.  <_<
I was suprised at how much I remembered from sunday school. Like how the hill was Golgotha, the man who sentenced jesus was Pontius Pilate, etc.

And as for what Tek posted above, that first quote contrasted with what it says if you're an American really showcases their self-righteousness. That, and it shows how their spiel at the beginning of the quiz is a load of B.S.
Stealer

Dopefish

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-07, 20:06 »

ok I'm a canadian and I work in a call center for at&t wireless.  that means I get to talk to americans all day.  if you're not an american and you wanna make yourself feel smart, get a job like mine, there was a man that called me a few weeks ago saying "my cell phone won't stop beeping" so I asked him if the power was on, he said "no" I asked him to disconnect the battery, he said "I did that already I took a hammer to it and smashed it to bits and it still is beeping" now the beeping I'm hearing this whole time sounds vaguely like my carbon monoxide detector.  then he goes on "then I packaged up all the little peices, took it to the store and it didn't beep all the way there, didn't beep when I was at the store, didn't beep when I brought it home, when I got it in the house it started beeping again" well let me tell you it took me a while to convince mr. american that it was something else in his house beeping.  that was a fun call, and by the way I know this entire paragraph is an english teachers nightmare, I"m just lazy
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-07, 20:41 »

stealer , you have never read my posts i supppose B)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #14 on: 2003-12-08, 00:54 »

Stealer: no, we're not debating that SOME americans are sporking morons that dont diserve to live.. thats true... its true with every country though..

1- We'll state some Arbitrary percentage like .2% of the population are like that, for this post.. (i know its not correct, its just to show a point.

2- We'll also state, that the dumbest are also the loudest, and have the most chance to be  the ones picked to represent a community by sheer dumb luck, and the fact that they like to comment about EVERYTHING they know nothing about (we all know this one is true)

3- Now.. considering that Canada has a smaller population then NY state, I can safely state that .2% of canada is a LOT less then .2% of america.

4- Now, combining #3 and #2, the Amount of dumbness SEEN in american culture is a lot more prevalant then any other country, except maybe china. However, china is communist, and has a state controlled media, therefore they can regulate what is seen by the public/world.

5- Also, add the fact that the Dumb ones are the ones that call any type of helpdesk/tech support most often....
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #15 on: 2003-12-08, 02:51 »

You answered 17 questions correctly out of 20.

You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.

That sounds pretty much correct. However, I never hide my opinions from others, and the only reason I haven't emigrated yet is due to financial limitation and such Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2003-12-08, 02:53 by dev/null » Logged
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #16 on: 2003-12-08, 05:27 »

The smug sanctimoniousness of these people is disgusting. [Boss Nass]They think they're so smarty, they think their brains so big![/Nass] They're the stupid ones in my opinion.

Besides, they can't even spell the word "color" properly

You answered 17 questions correctly out of 20.

You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2003-12-08, 08:20 »

I see nobody noticed the lesson behind the little quote I posted.

The problem with thinking someone else is stupid is you have no real way to get inside their head.  You have no understanding of the individual except by the brief contact you experience with them.  Your entire perception about that person's life is formed from that moment alone.  As far as telephone technical support is concerned, think about this.  Most people who call a support line already fall into the catagory of being less than intelligent.  They can't read a manual, can't think for themselves, or some, while maybe intelligent do not have the proper aptitude to work something technologically complex.  Using that as a control sample for an entire population would certainly give a biased result.

"By their fruits ye shall know them".  For those who think Americans unintelligent or feel that their society is intellectually superior somehow, look at what Americans on the whole do.  Look at the inventions that came out of America.  What country has the largest GDP in the entire world?  The most powerful and advanced military?  Generates the most electric power?  Pioneered the internet - the very technology responsible for us being able to have this little discussion right now?  Which country is the only country to date who has landed humans on the moon and returned them safely?  Which country has the largest annual immigration statistics?  If Americans are so dumb, and America is so bad, why does everyone seem to want to live there?  Now, if you do not live in America, and you think yourself smarter than Americans, then I invite you to be objective in your analysis.  Take your own country and begin comparing notes.  See which country actually does more with what it has.  Then, if you find your own people coming out ahead, go ahead and feel self-righteous about it, but remember also that being better than someone means you also treat them with the same respect you'd expect for yourself.  Haughtiness is a sign of arrogance, not intelligence.

You see, the problem with looking down on people is you blind yourself to your own shortcomings.  That is the lesson in my statement, which all the intelligent people here never bothered to investigate.  The eyes of the humble are ever open.  Any fool can make a lot of noise and show their arse for the world to see, and often those are the only ones ever seen.  It is the scientists, the engineers, and the inventors who are content to work quietly unnoticed, and have the real brainpower.  You don't see them, but they can see you.  Too many people are far to quick to pass judgement and condemnation on others.  It is all too easy to rail against someone else while ignoring your own faults.  The hardest thing for anyone to do is to look in the mirror of truth, and see themselves exactly as they are.  Can you do that?  Can you put yourself on trial before you belittle someone else?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #18 on: 2003-12-10, 18:06 »

Go Pho!

Btw, I sure it was Nobel that invented dynamite, correct?
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #19 on: 2003-12-10, 19:58 »

Yes it was lil.

And woo ! Go pho ! It's yer birthday ! =P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: