2024-04-25, 20:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupidity have any limits?  (Read 13093 times)
MaxAstro

Imp

« Reply #20 on: 2004-01-29, 02:46 »

*applauds*  Good site, good site.  Six people drowning trying to save a chicken...  Ouch...
Tha[\]atos

Imp

« Reply #21 on: 2004-01-29, 02:56 »

thank you, glad I could help. Slipgate - Grin
MaxAstro

Imp

« Reply #22 on: 2004-01-29, 03:08 »

*gets an idea*  While were at it...  *searches through room*  Ah.  Here we go.

I guess you could call me a sort of "collector of stupidity".  Darwin Awards, jokelists, Bonehead of the Day, Dilbert, UserFriendly, I take all kinds.  Anyway, one of my sort of "prize possesions" is the book Cannibals in the Cafeteria, And Other Fabulous Failures.  It's basically a book of praize for all the people who have been good at doing badly.  Anyway...  *searches for good one*  Here we go.  "The Least Successful Safe Motoring Competition":

Wishing to enchance their country's reputation for careful driving, the French held a safe motoring contest in 1987.  The plan was to award free petrol tokens to motorists who impressed roadside police with their respect for the law and concern for others.

After several days they had still not awarded a single prize and so the police decided to lower the standards.  Hereafter they would give the tokens to any driver who was obeying the basic traffic regulations.  Even this proved difficult.

When gendarmes tried to flag down the first winner, he assumed he was in trouble and raced away.  When the signaled for the second winner to pull off the road, he accelerated through a red light and the police had to book him instead.

In the end they gave the award to anyone they could find with a current driving licence whose car was fitted with a seat belt.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #23 on: 2004-01-29, 03:36 »

Here's a little story I heard a while ago about the importance of making sure you type the correct email address.

A youg businessman from Seattle was going on a business trip. He was at the airport preparing to get on the plane to Florida but when he checked in at the gate he was told that his plane ticket was invalid. Needless to say he wasn't pleased, so he got the clerk to get on the phone to the airline company to try and sort it out. No joy there, and in the end he had to settle for a flight that didn't take off until early the following morning.

This meant that he would be away from home at least an extra day, so when he did get to Florida he decided to email his wife using his laptop.

Unfortunately, he accidentally misspelt the email address and, instead of sending the message to his wife, he sent it to an elderly lady in Washington whose husband had passed away the day before.

The poor woman took one look at the email and died of a heart attack.

The email went something like this:

"Dearest wife, departed yesterday, as you know. Unfortunately there's been a bit of a problem at the gate and my appeal has been rejected. Still, looking forward to seeing you soon.
P.S. You wouldn't believe how hot it is down here!"

How's that for a bummer!
« Last Edit: 2004-01-29, 03:38 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
MaxAstro

Imp

« Reply #24 on: 2004-01-29, 05:54 »

Here's a Bonehead of the Day under the category "Too Dumb to be a Criminal":

A Florida man, who robbed two men at gunpont in their homes, dropped his wallet as he left one of the homes and then called police to ask if they found the wallet.  They said they did.  They asked him to come down and claim it.  He did.
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #25 on: 2004-01-30, 04:04 »

the JATO one isnt true, but is actually possible, the guys on mythbusters tryed it with a remote control full size car n it works.. but implausable at best
Tha[\]atos

Imp

« Reply #26 on: 2004-01-30, 04:55 »

the JATO story, while amuseing, has been confirmed urban legand by darwin awards.  I did research it a few years ago and I found someone who thought he was the source of it.  but he never put his plans into action.
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #27 on: 2004-01-30, 15:50 »

Quote from: Tha[\
atos] the JATO story, while amuseing, has been confirmed urban legand by darwin awards.  I did research it a few years ago and I found someone who thought he was the source of it.  but he never put his plans into action.
yes, urban legend, but the guys on the tv show mythbusters on the discovery seriously strapped rockets to a car and it does work.. hehe, but it hasnt been done with an actualy person in the car..
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: