2024-04-26, 20:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - III (Better Pimpin')  (Read 26054 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2003-02-07, 18:10 »

Ok. I'm done with all ammo types that will be used by Generations, for the DooM class.
For more appropriate pimping, here are some new overviews, including the latest additions: small cells pack, shotgun shells box and the pistol clip.

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/pics/doom_items1.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/pics/doom_items2.jpg

Note: If the single rocket pickup (which you probably were looking for in vain) will get ingame, the standard doom rocket model will be used - and you should all know that baby ;]
Both cell packs,  the helmet and the health vial are shadered for enhanced prettyness.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-07, 18:25 »

gimme gimme gimme
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-07, 19:05 »

Looks good, as always well done!
IEEE1394

Pinky

« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-07, 19:15 »

Really nice Tab! So what are you going to do now? More doom stuff?
Byskwik

« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-07, 20:25 »

Amazing as always.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-07, 20:29 »

They're very easy on the eyes Slipgate - Wink
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-07, 21:56 »

Wow!  The shotgun shells in the large box are more detailed than the ejected Quake3 shells. Slipgate - Smile  Oh, so is there not gonna be any small ammo pickup for the shotgun...like a little pile of four shotgun shells?

Also, I can't remember if this had been discussed before or not... Will there be radiation suits?  I'm fairly sure there has been some type of slime in all of the id games.  I know Quake2 had the enviro-suit to protect you against slime. And Quake3 has the battle suit. So, that's Doom 1 and 2, Quake2 and Quake3 that all had them, I don't know if Quake1 or Wolf3D (but Earth class is only loosely based on that anyway) had 'em cuz I don't have those games and I never played the full versions.  But they all protected you from ooze/slime and heat.  Or maybe the radiation/enviro-suits would be better utilized in ResurGENce.

Anyway, all of those skinned Doom models look awesome!  All of your textures that I've seen are better quality than in any retail/commercial game I can think of.  Most likely, id software couldn't have done a better job.

Hmm, would it be legal to re-skin the Arena weapons?  Well, even if it is, you probably wouldn't wanna spend your time doing that.  It's just that those weapons are so boring and bland-looking...the grenade launcher and railgun or alright, I suppose
Stealer

Dopefish

« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-08, 00:03 »

I concur, excellent job tab, couldn't think of a better skinnisher than you... as for retail games with better pickups, honestly I don't think I've seen em... however I've played almost every 3d shooter there is so I could have one or two that have slipped my mind, but for my money I'm betting on yours Slipgate - Laugh

anyhoo take it easy and keep on keepin on!
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-02-08, 02:28 »

Hollowpoint, Quake1 had a BioSuit Slipgate - Wink
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2003-02-08, 02:43 »

* Tab bows humbly - don't make me blush
Thanks you guys, you make it all worthwhile ;]

As for what I'm doing next, I'm thinking Angst will want to skin some more earth stuff ;]
So the dog food bowl is pretty much done, just need to unwrap that. Maybe I'll skin one or 2 things for that set, but I'll see about that when I get there.

OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #10 on: 2003-02-08, 02:48 »

Nice models tab!

*ahem* Is it just me or does that not look like a bowl of dog FOOD, but rather something else?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2003-02-08, 03:09 »

Looks like dog food to me... after being digested that is.  Slipgate - Laugh

Tab, I think I have a plan on those Doom spheres.  I'll post the details in the private forum.  Excellent work on the models btw. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #12 on: 2003-02-08, 03:09 »

hehe, yeah. Unless of course it's that canned dog food Slipgate - Wink
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-02-08, 03:42 »

It's typical german nazi dog food :]
I had a bowl of it in my room for reference - come to think of it, it does smell a lot like shite.. oh well :]
The skin will make it more like canned food :]

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #14 on: 2003-02-08, 10:58 »

It tastes and looks like shit so that the dogs will not eat it and get so hungry that they would attack the prisoners for food Slipgate - Smile
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #15 on: 2003-02-08, 15:22 »

An amazing and well-done job on those ammo boxes. Considering the original sprites are just blobs of pixels, it shows that you've put a lot of creativity in those models!
WolfCub

Pinky

« Reply #16 on: 2003-02-08, 16:03 »

Nice job Tab, you da man.
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #17 on: 2003-02-08, 17:45 »

nice touch with the UAC bar code on the box of shells, btw  B)
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #18 on: 2003-02-08, 20:10 »

Well, I don't know what to say Tab, but you know what I want to say already...  Slipgate - Smile

"*ahem* Is it just me or does that not look like a bowl of dog FOOD, but rather something else?"

LOL!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2003-02-08, 21:33 »

Remind me to not ever post unskinned models on this forum again :]
Alright,  you've all made your point, it looks like shit - it has been said, it has been noted - I repeat -> it has no skin! It will have a nice german dog food skin, and it will taste like dog food and not like feces in the least, you have my word on that. Also, if anyone posts another reply about the suspiciously brown contents of the bowl, I will personally delete and or edit their message to something that will resemble shit quite a bit aswell.

Anyway: I edited the model, and this is what it looks like now:
« Last Edit: 2003-02-08, 21:34 by Tabun » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: