2024-03-28, 12:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - II (The Sequel, with a vengeance)  (Read 27781 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #40 on: 2003-02-05, 22:55 »

megasphere was a nono
with that doomeye I meant the blur
and I already said those .
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #41 on: 2003-02-05, 23:12 »

powerups:

• beserk
  • megasphere
  • soulsphere
  • invisibility
  • hazard suit
  • and invincibility - but that's a bit too horrid if you ask me

Those are the items i know about - what's this blur sphere you talk about?
If my knowledge of doom is lacking - I hope blur doesn't mean DooM would be going faster.. /me gets a heart-attack
« Last Edit: 2003-02-05, 23:12 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #42 on: 2003-02-06, 07:34 »

Blur Sphere... I believe he's referring to the 'Partial Invisibility' sphere, but I could be wrong. It's the closest I could come up with though...

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #43 on: 2003-02-06, 08:08 »

Blur Artifacts are strange orbs that make it difficult for others to spot you.  The enemy can still see you, but most of their attacks will be less than accurate.  Duration: Time Based

That's from the Doom ][ manual. Slipgate - Smile  Anyway, in other words Doom blur equals invisibility.
And it looks like a big red eyeball... with a blue iris or whatever and then black inside that and red again in the very center.  It also looks like it has a reddish-purple glare shining off of it.  And I'm pretty sure it looks around or at least back and forth, left and right.

God I hope that made sense, I'm pretty tired right now :-)
Anyway, you can fire up Doom and see what it looks like.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #44 on: 2003-02-06, 11:17 »

I think they're trying to say "invisibility" Slipgate - Tongue

the "blur-sphere" as it came to be called, was the invisibility in doom. Since it "blurred" your character.. silly peoples..  <_<

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #45 on: 2003-02-06, 15:48 »

ye, i've been looking at the sprites (needed to check em all, since i'm also redoing the preview screens for the doom items) and those sphere are all so much cooler than i remembered - it's going to be tough to get them as such in gen :]

Stealer

Dopefish

« Reply #46 on: 2003-02-06, 19:27 »

you can do it tab I believe in you, as I remember it (the invisibility orb) didn't really look left and right, as a sprite it seemed to do that as all sprites did in doom 2, but I thought it had a animation where the blue went from the outside to inside, anyhoo you probably know this already but just wanted to give you the info if ya needed it...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #47 on: 2003-02-07, 01:05 »

thanks reb ;]

the spheres all have 4 stages in their sprite-animation, and the invisibility thing looks more like a tunnel you're backstepping from, in a way - if it's an eye, the red/blue throws me off. haven't looked at it a lot yet tho, i've got other fish to fry right now... i'm also redoing the preview screens for something that would look ok in an item overview (next to the powerup & weapon overviews we have up on the site)

Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #48 on: 2003-02-07, 09:03 »

Ok, I just looked at it, in-game, and the blur artifact stares straight ahead and then looks to the left and back again.  ...And as it turns to the left the blue section shrinks, I believe, until it disappears behind the black inner circle...., it then expands outwards until it is almost touching the outside of the ball (sphere).

So, the blue part contracts and expands, while the eye looks around (to the left).

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #49 on: 2003-02-07, 14:00 »

For all you animated gif lovers out there, I have made an even better display using adobe imageready ;]

- - -

- - -

That's what all the powerups look like, really ;]
(although i admit the animation is different frames & speedwise)
« Last Edit: 2003-02-07, 14:01 by Tabun » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #50 on: 2003-02-08, 03:42 »

*idea*  Tab, check the Internal board.  B)

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: