2024-03-29, 16:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q3 Arena Models (Lookin 4 a Q3 Arena Modeler!!!)  (Read 16731 times)
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #20 on: 2004-02-24, 18:51 »

Sipgate - Evil : I really understand the whole hourly process, because a good friend of mine, Wraith, used to work at polycount...anyway I have watched him do some models, and I basically know the whole process. So, I understand all the time it talkez, but you and I know that what I'm askin is 2 models for a 5 yr old game, in which, you or the modeler has done a million timez. With experience comes speed, and I still think that 200 dollarz 4 both is way over the margin of fareness. Thankz 4 your time again!!!
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2004-02-24, 19:04 »

Like I said, you mentioned payment.

We all thought you were asking for free work.
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #22 on: 2004-02-24, 19:16 »

:unsure: Well...I'm not a big company like ID or something...so all I can really offer you is 50 per model!!! I have billz like any other human, and thatz really all the extra money I can spare 4 5yr old modelz!!! Thankz 4 your time once again!!!
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2004-02-24, 19:19 »

So you're offering $50 per model?

How many polygons?

And please, if you're going to be conducting BUSINESS instead of asking for favors, use correct spelling and grammar. Saying 'billz' is not good business etiquette. Slipgate - Wink
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #24 on: 2004-02-24, 19:25 »

Thumbs up! I will pay 50/model for only top quality models with animations...why would I want to spend 100 on poop?? No offense...I have posted so much on here I'm ready to get these models design rolling...ya know!!! I would like the quality service you offer others, just for a cheaper price. If I had 200 dollars to spend, then you would get 200 dollars...I just don't have that much spare money...sorry!!! Thnakz 4 you time!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-02-24, 19:27 by oH|PhArAdOx » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2004-02-24, 20:00 »

Oh, you don't want them just modeled, you want them ANIMATED too.

Are you aware of Quake3's animation system? It doesn't exist beyond 'punch' and 'twirl'.
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #26 on: 2004-02-24, 20:06 »

:ph34r: The player model has small wings on his back that flutter when he jumps...now would you have to use animations to make them do that?(If so that's what I would like.) The chainsaw pulls the target into the blade when you hit them, and the engine kind of smokes...does it need animations to do that?(If so that's what I would like.) Let me know the answers the these questions...thankz!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-02-24, 20:09 by oH|PhArAdOx » Logged
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2004-02-24, 20:26 »

The wings fluttering can be done, but it's a bit messy, the chainsaw smoking.. that would require either some very tricky modelling, or code-support in the mod.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #28 on: 2004-02-24, 20:31 »

<_< Well...I would like the little wings on the player model to flutter when he jumps, but the chainsaw doesn't have to smoke...ok!!! If someone is interested in helping me 4 50/model...please reply ASAP so I can get these models started!!! Thankz!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-02-24, 21:46 by oH|PhArAdOx » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2004-02-25, 04:01 »

I can tell you right now that to make a chainsaw blade even spin at speed it requires program code changes to Quake 3.

Anyway, it does seem to me that nobody here who has the ability to model has the time to assist you, payment or no payment.  We know your needs, as you've shown no hesitation in stating them numerous times, but unless someone steps forward my best suggestion would be to continue scouting around in other places.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #30 on: 2004-02-25, 18:59 »

:blink: Well now I have changed my mind about both models. I don't think the last two were interesting enough to model. So...the first one is a Q3 Arena player model, in which, is the lead character from the PC game Black Hawk Down(Delta Force). I have two nice screen shots which show plenty to design the model. Screen-Shot 1: http://www.nova-inside.com/df/bhd/bhd-scre...enshots/250.jpg & Screen-Shot 2: http://www.nova-inside.com/df/bhd/bhd-scre...enshots/232.jpg now one little thing that you might not see in these pics is the American flag on his right shoulder. Next, is the Q3 Arena weapon model which is the M4+203 which is a gun off the Black Hawk Down game. Here is the only screenshot I could find... http://www.nova-inside.com/page.php?catego...y=df1&pageid=44 when you get to the site...it's the second gun from the top. I would like this gun to take place of the Gauntlet or machine gun...which ever you think would be better. Thankz for your time!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-02-25, 19:55 by oH|PhArAdOx » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #31 on: 2004-02-25, 20:00 »

Slipgate - Roll Eyes we know what an m4 is , and polycount already has that gun , or something like it . twice .

oH|PhArAdOx

« Reply #32 on: 2004-02-25, 20:04 »

Slipgate - Tongue But the M4/M203 has a grenade launcher, and a scope on top. A bit more that just the regular M4.( http://www.nova-inside.com/page.php?catego...y=df1&pageid=44 ) Thankz!!!
« Last Edit: 2004-02-25, 20:25 by oH|PhArAdOx » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #33 on: 2004-02-25, 21:27 »

As much as I hate to do this, I'm going to close this topic.  Why?  Well, to put it simply, enough is enough.  We've not posted a rules sticky here, but this board is mainly geared towards people in our community bantering ideas back and forth, showing off their work, getting advice, etc, aid is also focused towards Wirehead's projects.  This is not a general request board.

I understand you need help modeling, and that you're looking for someone to make models.  We've told you already that nobody here is able to help you.  I tried to be nice and drop a hint in my last post, but now I'm going to be a bit more firm.  If nobody is helping you it's because nobody is willing or able to.  Posting more replies is not going to change that situation.  It's time to move on.  If you need a model that desperately and nobody is helping, then either widen your search, or learn how to make models.  Spamming our board repeatedly with the same requests is not going to solve your problem.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: