2024-04-30, 07:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF? My house is haunted... (...or something)  (Read 5813 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-02-11, 02:19 »

So my internet goes out about 12:30pm today, and didn't immediately come back on. Gina (my wife) and I figured it was just a temporary outage, and went to town to take care of business.

When we come home, still no internet. So I do the most obvious thing and go look at our modem/router. This is where the weirdness begins.

All the cables are unhooked, or hooked into the wrong ports. DUBYA TEE EFF, mate? Even the A/C adaptors have been disconnected from the router and modem.

No one has been in our house today, we called Gina's family and asked. And we were home when it happened, and no one was here. All the doors are locked, none of the windows have been jimmied. Nothing was stolen, and nothing else was even disturbed.

We must have Grampa the techonologically retared ghost in our house or something...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-11, 04:19 »

Oh My F'ing Gawd
Now that's just freaky!!! I swear, my house must be haunted too. I'm home alone one day, and, in the other room, my sister's radio comes on. It's not an alarm clock or anything. It just... came on for no reason. I tried hitting the power button to turn it off, but nothing happened it was still on.  I tried UNPLUGGING it, and it was STILL ON. And this thing does NOT run on batteries, either. Eventually, four hours later, it stopped. Creepy, no?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-11, 05:02 »

Time to call the witchdoctor.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-11, 05:08 »

I called the witch doctor
about my weird modem
I told the witch doctor
He told me about them

He said:
Uh oh, oh no no
What the?, Holy freakin' weird crap
Uh oh, oh no no
What the? Holy freakin' crap!

This has been a ConfusedUs song break
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-11, 05:10 »

Very nice.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-11, 05:14 »

ROFL ! *dies laughing* Yer killin me here smalls !

Yeah, I should tell you guys my ghost story sometime. But not right now, es dark. =P
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-11, 08:22 »

Tell the ghost story!
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #7 on: 2004-02-11, 08:42 »

Patience ! I'm not going to tell it at 2 AM ... still freaks me out. I shall tell it when I wake up, and it's light out. =P
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-13, 22:15 »

oooookay ... the fact that it's friday the 13th made me remember that I hadn't told my ghost story yet. So, here goes.

I can't remember how long ago this was, but it was after we rebuilt our house after it burned down (when I was in 5th grade) and it's been at least a couple years.

It started out small. Mostly channels on the TV changing. We thought at 1st it was my brother who had been joking around w/ another remote that had been missing for awhile. Well, the remote was found, and it stopped for awhile, but then started up again. While both the remotes were sitting on the coffee table next to my dad. Took out the batteries, still did it. Then our TV started doing some really weird things, like shutting off randomly, and black lines would come from the top and bottom eventually covering the whole screen w/ black until they met in the center. At that time, the TV would go back to normal. Needless to say, we got a new TV. But the turning on and off, and the channel changing still persisted.

Then, doors started opening and shutting. Our front screen door seemed to never stay shut, even tho it was made sure that it was latched, and even at some times, dead bolted shut.

Well, it just got worse. At this point in time, I started having nightmares about a guy being murdered by his wife. All I remember in those dreams is that she stabbed him to death, and he was wearing a black trenchcoat. They had a fight and she just attacked him. I always woke up crying.

Then, it got really really weird. Our breaker switch kept flipping. Keep in mind that this was a fairly new house, so it shouldn't have been doing this. We once again thought it was my brother, so he was supervised at all times. But, alas, it kept doing it. As many as 3 times an hour at one point. Called the electric company, they came out, inspected everything twice, and found NOTHING. They couldn't figure it out. So they told us to buy a new breaker box and they'd put it in, thinking perhaps the one we had was bad. So, we did that, but to no prevail, it continued. But, then finally one day, just ... stopped.

Not more than a couple days later, I once again had the same dream of this poor guy. I felt somebody touch me on the shoulder and it was really really cold. Thinking it was perhaps my mom I woke up and turned around, and that's when I saw this shadowy figure standing in the corner of my room. Looked exactly like the guy I had been having dreams about. Just, stood there. I promptly got out of bed and went upstairs. I didn't sleep in my room again for a week. But ever since then, nothing. Every once in awhile tho, I do feel as if somebody is watching me, and my cat tends to freak out sometimes as if she's looking at sth that's not there. But other than that, it just all, stopped.

I told one of my friends who at the time was obsessed w/ Art Bell. He always wanted to see a ghost, so I told him my story. He then asked if we could have a seance at my house, just to try it out, not that he actually believed in it per se. *death stare* Yeah, I'd have to say, HELL NO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: