2024-05-16, 06:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Models for Arena Class  (Read 4229 times)
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« on: 2004-08-22, 22:19 »

I've downloaded a few models for Quake 3 and I was wondering if it was possible to use them in Generations?  I'm assuming they would be used exclusivly for the Arena class.  Is this possible?

-JL
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-22, 23:17 »

I've not tried it, but I don't think it will work. As for why...

Slipgate - RTFM

I keep trying to change to my favorite model, but it's saying "Cannot find animation2.cfg file for model. Forcing default." What does this mean?

Each model in Generations has a file associated with it called "animation2.cfg". In future releases of Generations it will also feature a list of new animation stances so that our combatants can hold their pistols out properly, lob grenades, heft BFG's in a more realistic manner, carry TWO gatling guns (yes, TWO) at the same time from third person view, swing axes with force, slash with knives, and throw punches like they mean it. When this is complete we'll release a SDK for modelers to make their favorite models compatible with whichever class in Generations they like, or build future models with the new stances in mind. Right now it just controls which class the model belongs to. While someone could add an animation2.cfg to a third party model and get it to work we do not encourage nor do we support third-party model conversions to work with this system at present.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-22, 23:18 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-23, 00:46 »

You can't use custom playermodels with generations arena at this point as far as i know
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-23, 03:56 »

You can, just not on the servers, because, chances are, the server doesn't have or use those models. You have to add animation2.cfg to the model's files if you want to use them. Take a look at the animation2.cfg files in Gen. That might help with them.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-23, 04:09 »

Quote from: Footman
You have to add animation2.cfg to the model's files if you want to use them. Take a look at the animation2.cfg files in Gen. That might help with them.
I strongly discourage players from doing this, owing to the fact that new player stances are going to be written into those files along with some model changes.  You do this at your own risk, so please don't report any bugs or problems if you choose to go against our recommendations here.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-24, 15:25 »

altough I have to say that gen is getting more and more awesome , specially now I just added the arachnatron , the imp and the revenant in , they fit perfectly Slipgate - Smile

specially the arachnatron with green plasma , altough he is a bit jumpy to my likeness ,
maybe I should use another bothfile then the klesk one . anyone knows a good 1 ?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-24, 22:14 »

You could create your own bot files gk? then the bot behave the way you want it to.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-25, 19:58 »

dont tire me out pls
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: