2024-05-18, 12:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I took my insurance exam  (Read 6106 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-01-08, 03:10 »

So I took my life and health insurance license State licensing exam today. And failed due to < drumroll> complete and utter bullshit! < /drumroll>

I finished the two and a half hour test in about 45 minutes, went back through the whole thing in half an hour, and felt pretty good about the whole thing.

I turn the test in, praying for the 70% necessary to get my license.

The computer, after much grinding and spinning, spits out my score.

58%

I failed by ten measely questions. As I'm going over the answer sheet provided by the proctor, I'm realizing that many of their answers directly conflict with those in the official study book provided by the state. When I bring that up to the proctor, she pulls out a booklet and looks it up.

She then feeds me a line about how 'insurance regulations are constantly changing, and it is MY duty to keep up with them'. Seems that the state exam study guide, which I just purchased two weeks ago, isn't sufficient. Nor does said guide mention ANYTHING about 'constantly changing regulations', or give any information on how to acquire the necessary info on those 'constantly changing regulations'.

That's bullshit. I pay $73 to take this test so that I can get licensed for the best job ever to come my way, and I get screwed out of it. I sure as hell don't have another $73 bucks to take it again any time soon. This job isn't going to wait forever for me either.

Sigh, guess I'll go deliver pizzas or something for a couple weeks till I get enough tips to pay for the exam again. Maybe the job'll still be open.

Bah.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-08, 03:26 »

Slipgate - Sad   Well I do hope that the job position will still be available when you obtain the neccessary funds again and that you won't have such an ass for a proctor.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-08, 06:56 »

Haha, ass? Con? Never.
Anyways, good luck Con, I know you need it.  Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-08, 07:23 »

Hard work and perseverence cave to bureaucratic BS once again.  Better luck next time man.  Slipgate - Sad

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-08, 15:34 »

That is BS.  :angry:
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-08, 16:55 »

maybe we sould al give him some money , so he can do the test again  :mellow:
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-08, 19:53 »

Oh that is bull crap!  Bugger on them, I say!  Bugger them!  I love how when you point out things that are conflicted, they don't listen to you.  I did that to a prof once and he refused to believe me.  Only after several other people came to tell him exactly what I did, did he finally admit there was a conflict.  Bugger them all I say!  I'm sorry Con!
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-08, 23:07 »

Quote from: games keeper
maybe we sould al give him some money , so he can do the test again  :mellow:
or a bat to the head of the proctor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: