2024-05-16, 10:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2004 presents (Tell us what you got this year)  (Read 8754 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-12-30, 04:51 »

I seem to remember someone else running into this problem recently with a different game, I think it might have even been Doom III.  It was caused by a CD or DVD copy/burning utility being present, and for the life of me I can't remember which one or who had the problem.  Cheap and pathetic copy protection scheme if you ask me.  Hopefully he'll see your post and have an answer.  Slipgate - Sad

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
lord_malchia

« Reply #21 on: 2004-12-30, 08:17 »

I looked into the developer's site and it can apparently be circumnavigated by merely unchecking the emulation tools themselves in the programs options. This is a slight hassle, but not nearly as bad as completely uninstalling. That's only the official fix anyway, I would assume there are less legit, yet better, ones.

Personally, this kind of thing really pisses me off. This is like if I tried to watch a movie and a screen came up saying "Oops, it looks like there's a RECORD button on your VCR... I guess you can't watch this." I have half a mind to actually pirate these games and then return the retail copies, just because of this crap  Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2004-12-30, 08:19 by lord_malchia » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #22 on: 2004-12-30, 19:23 »

Odd. Doom 3 installed just fine with me, and I do have CD/DVD emulation running. Weird.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: