2024-05-07, 05:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daikatana II (For Quake 3 Arena, and no joke)  (Read 7548 times)
Corbachu

« on: 2003-12-29, 02:48 »

Hello.
First, I want to congratulate the Generations team for putting out a kick ass mod!

Okay, on to the big stuff.
Daikatana, as you know, was possibly (in your eyes) the worst game ever (hell, I admit the Generations Arena mod is better than DK). And me and my team, First-Person Interactive, are creating a sequel.
Daikatana II (working title) is a game featuring the main character Ryla (some may have seen the released model on Polycount) and her squad as they attempt to bring Xaero down through a time battle. Past characters Hiro and Mikkiko join along. I have a much intricate storyline, but that is like a shortened down version.
Now, this seems like I lost my mind but I haven't. I have a small team (modeller, musician, designer) and we have just finished conceptualizing the whole game and have started hard-progress.
Well, as it turns out we need some people who would like to design levels, or code Quake III. We are using that single-player source someone released awhile ago.
I have decided to post here to get some help, and maybe some interest.
In no way am I trying to take on all other games or mods with this, just for your info.
This is a project that Romero okayed (at our own risk) and sometimes approves game decisions.
I am not full of hot-air, however, as I have released some screenshots of renders and stuff to the public, although I have updated ones I will post here if permitted to.
I myself have little coding experience, so I am mainly the designer.
Now, I have some questions:
Is there a program that will convert md2 models to md3 models (for weapon placeholders)
Is there anything for quake 3 that would support backward-compatibility (md2 models)
And finally, is there anyone willing to help us on this project?
I posted this not because I want the Generations team to help us (yeah, right). I wanted to see if there was anyone who could contribute to the development of this mod.
So, go ahead and post your comments!  Slipgate - Wink

(Yeah, I know, my first posts are a little corny, but I'll warm up)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-29, 03:05 »

All other things aside...

I'm speechless. And I have no idea to any of your questions.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-29, 04:18 »

Other than stating that this would seriously be the wrong place for recruiting modteam-members, I can safely say that I myself shall not do anything outside Generations, until it's done. :]

Also, a simple way to 'convert' md2 to md3 is by importing md2 files in 3d studio max (with one of the various importers, which I do not know by heart) and exporting them to md3. And adding the necessary tags, ofcourse.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Corbachu

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-29, 05:01 »

My initial plan wasn't to recruit mod members, but it was worth a shot  Slipgate - Wink
Yeah, I guess I could do that...or just create new models. Hmmm...tags suck.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-29, 05:06 »

On the endeavor, goodluck, and I hope it comes out ok.  As for converting md2's to md3's, snag a copy of Npherno's md3 compiler.  You can directly import md2 models and convert them to md3's.  I use it quite regularly.  Grab the file HERE.  You might also want to try this link for any additional Q3 modeling tools you might need.  Beyond that you're pretty much on your own. :ph34r:

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-29, 05:47 »

Quote from: Corbachu
Daikatana, as you know, was possibly (in your eyes) the worst game ever (hell, I admit the Generations Arena mod is better than DK).
Wow... to compare a total failure of a game with this mod... that's a major insult. Quake 1 is still on the shelves in stores, and costs more than Daikatana. Those people who did buy Daikatana for $30 when it came out wiped their ass with it and threw it away.

I'm a fan of Generations, and to me it's offensive to compare an upcoming mod with what is a disaster in gaming history.

Do what you will here, but please don't say you'll make us your bitches.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-29, 08:25 by Tekhead » Logged
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-29, 06:42 »

I saw that too, Tekhead.

Daikatana, as you know, was possibly (in your eyes) the worst game ever (hell, I admit the Generations Arena mod is better than DK).

Quite frankly, it's not very hard to admit that Generations is much better than something you flush down the toilet, no matter how many times it gets clogged.

Might wanna watch your wording a bit, Corbachu, just in case.
Corbachu

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-29, 06:42 »

I didn't mean any offense by comparing the two. And no, I will not make you my bitches  :lol:

That program you linked is pretty cool, and pretty handy. Thanks for the link.
Any more comments? They are appreciated.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-29, 21:09 »

Daikatana? never played that game.. but seems like i didnt miss anything Slipgate - Smile but good luck making that sequel corbachu, if i had the time i could help ya with creating those lvls but as it is now i don't have the time.
Corbachu

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-29, 21:38 »

That's cool. I'm going to see if I have any luck with the PlanetQuake 'help wanted' page...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-30, 13:35 »

Daikatana was very bad but if you think its the worst game ever then you havent played superman 64
Corbachu

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-31, 01:13 »

You are absolutely right.
I don't think Daikatana is bad at all...it could've been a lot worse.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-31, 01:47 »

I never thought it was all that bad, but it is fun to jump on the "Hate DK" band wagon..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: