2024-05-02, 13:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who keep saying (that I am scary in Gen...)  (Read 10591 times)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #20 on: 2005-04-13, 17:39 »

Maybe there is a remote chance of wallhacking, however I beg to differ. I'm not a shabby shot with a rail myself. I am highly allert and I can hear people grabbing a heath or ammo near by. For the sake of argument given this situation: say there is a mega heath and I hear someone grab it, then I go to that area. Then I hear the player grab some ammo that is near by. Now, I know that he grabbed the 3 bullet boxes because that is the only ammo set of three located by the mega health, so I wait until I hear him grab the last box, then I estimate the time it takes comming out from
the ammo boxes to the enterance, judging by the speed a player runs, I take him out before he knew what hit  him. That is just using logical reasoning, mathematical estimation, not a wallhack. Just a thought I'd like to throw into the mix. Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 17:43 by Little Washu » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2005-04-13, 18:18 »

If you somehow got the idea I thought it was impossible to predict/track players on sounds etc., read the all the posts above again (esp. the first and my previous). If you somehow think this is about predicting in what room or what doorway an opponent will show, or that I don't know how 1on1ing works, you're sadly mistaken.
Watch the demo. Watch it again with a wallhack enabled. Pay close attention to the way in which the player aims - no matter HOW good your ears are, keeping the crosshair exactly on the player when he is walking around in an area totally invisible to the player is quite impossible. Timing a shot through a 3 pixel wide crack with a higher than 0 ping is either luck or something else.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 18:19 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #22 on: 2005-04-13, 19:12 »

No, no, no... I didn't get any ideas what so ever. I know my communication skills suck.
That indeed is suspicious. I am not excluding that inquiry for the use of wallhacks, what I am trying to say is, that there is a small chance that perhaps the player is really that good, a next to impossible possiblity, and like I said, that was just an idea I threw in. A "what if" idea. I do belive he was using some kind of unauthorized aid, but as the question from the novel "The Time Machine" asks, What if? Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 19:15 by Little Washu » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2005-04-13, 19:47 »

Indeed - I do think players can make insane shots at least every now and again (hell, I even amaze myself occasionally), but my only reason for having doubts here is because it's a 15 minute game.. It's also fun to compare the way these guys play to other 'pro' demos :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2005-04-14, 00:28 »

What I find suspicious in those is how the crosshair is *always* on the target player through the wall.  Prediction/guesswork on a person's location based on item importance and map layout would lead you to position the crosshair in a target location, not on the person whom you cannot see.  Sometimes it ends up being on the person, however it will not track the person, as it appears to do in this case.

Edit:  Router conversation has been moved here.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-14, 01:01 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: