2024-05-13, 09:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2004 presents (Tell us what you got this year)  (Read 8724 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2004-12-25, 16:33 »

Let's see here... I got:

Clothes:
Two Iron maiden shirts, a Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, and ACDC shirts.

Games:
Sonic Mega Collection for gamecube
DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2
Trivial Pursuit Saturday Night Live DVD edition

Money:
$100

Other:
A Led Zeppelin wallet
« Last Edit: 2004-12-26, 19:31 by Footman » Logged
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-25, 16:49 »

I got a rock.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-25, 17:52 »

Kill Bill boxset and a pair of hobnail boots. Perfect for the weather we're getting in NI right now.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-25, 20:42 »

Metallica shirt... Ozzy shirt
WoW
Snacks
~$70

Considering I asked for nothing.. that is, every time I was asked what I wanted, I said 'nothing'.. it's not bad.
« Last Edit: 2004-12-25, 20:42 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-25, 23:32 »

Movies

Son of Godzilla
Godzilla X MechaGodzilla X Mothra: Tokyo SOS
Gamera Trilogy Boxed Set

Pre-order for Godzila vs MechaGodzilla II
Pre-order for Godzilla vs The Sea Monster (Whenever that becomes available to pre-order)

Games

Pre-order for Conker: Live and Reloaded
Pre-order for Unreal Championship 2
« Last Edit: 2004-12-25, 23:32 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-26, 06:04 »

I received no gifts, as everyone I know is poor, and I was unable to give any myself.  For me, today is not about gifts save for the one that was given nearly 2,000 years ago. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
lord_malchia

« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-26, 10:11 »

Money: $100 (This is going towards a new LAN hub and eventually Resident Evil 4)

Books: The Basic Writings of Nietzche, The Transition of H.P. Lovecraft: The Road To Madness, John Milton's Paradise Lost & Paradise Regained, The Tao of Pooh.

DVDs: Army of Darkness (Boomstick Edition), Dawn of the Dead (1979 version, four disk Ultimate Edition), Memento/Following two-pack.

GameCube Games: Harvest Moon: It's A Wonderful Life, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Resident Evil, Soul Calibur II, Super Mario Sunshine.

PC Games: Ghost Master, Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption - Bloodlines.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-26, 14:20 »

money so I can buy games Slipgate - Laugh
a calender with some of the nicest cars worldwide .
an mp3 player .
some more help from my uncle for finding me a car .
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-26, 16:41 »

A ton of baby toys

2 copies of Donkey Konga for Gina (it's all she asked for, I'm surprised she didn't end up with four)
1 copy of Metriod Prime 2: Echoes for me
1 copy of Half-Life 2: Collectors edition for lilazzkicker (which he can't install because it's on a DVD lol)
An awesome dragon/castle fountain thingy for me
20 bucks

And a partridge in a pear tree
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-26, 16:50 »

Hmm, 2004 presents eh?

Oh well, why the hell not. Christmas is not a big deal with us, but for fun's sake we exchanged some presents anyway. I received two DVD's: The Hudsucker Proxy, and Lost in Translation. Both in my top 10 favourite movies, I think.

For my graduation (earlier this year), I am still to receive an authentic Japanese kaya-wood go board, with accompanying yuki stones and bowls. Really looking forward to that.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-26, 19:32 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
1 copy of Half-Life 2: Collectors edition for lilazzkicker (which he can't install because it's on a DVD lol)
Hahaha, pwned! Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2004-12-26, 19:35 by Footman » Logged
LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-27, 00:22 »

I got a ton of movies because my list consisted of DVDs and GBA games, and no one in my family bought any GBA games because I wrote "Game Boy", not Game Boy ADVANCE.

Got some nice clothes.

The highlight is, my mother made quilts for all the grandchildren on the Montgomery side.  The center squares are denim from my grandfather's oft-worn overalls.  (He passed away last February after a short fight with cancer.)  My little sister's quilt also includes some of his shirts for other squares.

As a special token, my quilt is comprised of pieces of everyone else's, so I can take it with me back to California.

I didn't cry when I got it... but I have to admit, I did a bit typing this.
« Last Edit: 2004-12-27, 00:23 by LeeMon » Logged
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-27, 03:48 »

Quote from: Phoenix
I received no gifts, as everyone I know is poor, and I was unable to give any myself.  For me, today is not about gifts save for the one that was given nearly 2,000 years ago.
I'll order you some POM juice or a batch of pomegranites or something along those lines if you want Pho. Slipgate - Smile

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-27, 06:21 »

You fiend!! That was MY original idea!!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-27, 08:28 »

I appreciate the nice thoughts, I really do, but I couldn't ask that from either of you since I could not give anything of myself.  Besides, I do have a bottle of pom juice a friend picked up for me the other day, so I'm already set in that department. Slipgate - Wink

I WAS able to scrape together enough spare change (saved over a few years) to get the collector's edition Return of the King on the 14'th though, so I guess you could say that counts even though it wasn't really a "gift" per se?  I'm glad to see everyone else so far had a good Christmas!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #15 on: 2004-12-27, 22:10 »

It's the thought that counts, man. Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Even if it's something you find laying around the house.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #16 on: 2004-12-28, 20:05 »

I got my older brother a dvd drive and rome total war my sister in law a dvd my mom some candy. I recieved a trip to germany for christmas which in retrospect was kind of a ripoff since i was sick half the time and the trip mostly sucked. ill be glad to get back to the states.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #17 on: 2004-12-28, 21:01 »

I got a webley airpistol  from my father, and return of the king, and a jumper (which I needed) from my GF. I gave BAT money towards his new comp, that he is saving up for. (he asked me to keep it at the moment so he don't spend it)

I gave my mom a toilet seat with shells and plastic seahorses etc inside it, as shes just moved house to yorkshire.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2004-12-29, 00:46 »

I recieved a trip to germany for christmas which in retrospect was kind of a ripoff since i was sick half the time and the trip mostly sucked. ill be glad to get back to the states. 

to top it all off , you still haven't kicked my ass .
lord_malchia

« Reply #19 on: 2004-12-30, 01:54 »

Quote from: Woodsman
I got my older brother a dvd drive and rome total war
I also purchased Rome: Total War for my brother. The damn thing will not run on my computer though because I have "CD/DVD emulation software" installed, so I now have to find a way around that bullshit, because I'm sure as Hell not uninstalling whatever is causing it (probably Alcohol 120%). Slipgate - Shouting

EDIT: Yes, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines does indeed have the same retarded copy protection *sigh*. Does anyone know how to get around this on Bloodlines and Rome, without uninstalling my "CD /DVD emulation programs"?
« Last Edit: 2004-12-30, 04:38 by lord_malchia » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: