2024-05-06, 23:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy (Valentine)  (Read 9282 times)
pepe

Shambler

« on: 2003-02-14, 13:36 »

just thought id say this

Happy Valentines day everyone
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-14, 14:57 »

I received nothing, as was to be expected - and as a punishment for all those blessed with feminine intuition, i have sent nothing either! hah!
Take that! ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-14, 17:41 »

Thanks pepe, though I hate Valentines day. I banned googles Valentine- themed logo in adshield, so that it doesn't load to my browser.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-14, 21:04 »

I hate valentine's day!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-14, 23:17 »

Happy V-Day all!  Who needs love when you got friends, eh?  Just go on out and have a "Valentine's Day Sucks" party!  Par-tay time!
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-14, 23:42 »

ive already started partying  Having a Beer  Fainting  Thumbs up!  :hat:
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-15, 00:50 »

I spent all day playing Sonic Adventure 2... A far cry from partying
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-16, 09:59 »

Happy Venerial Disease.... oh wait, wrong acronym.... Right... Valentines Day, yes Happy Happy!

Meh, its not all that bad, just go to any dance club in your respective cities find another lonely hot individual and enjoy yourself
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-02-16, 20:19 »

My Chao is lonely...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #9 on: 2003-02-18, 16:54 »

Me SMASH cupid things with my hammer! What with all the red and pink  and lovey dovey anyways? Me smash all the hearts and candy! ME NEED SMASH!!!

In case you haven't noticed, I feel that Valentine's Day is overrated. To me it's just another day on the calandar with no significant purpose, but whatever... Slipgate - Wink

Devlar: "Meh, its not all that bad, just go to any dance club in your respective cities find another lonely hot individual and enjoy yourself"

Dance clubs.. in the words of my unintelligent fighter alter-ego above "Me SMASH Dance club!!!" Dancing.. pfeh. First of all they play totally uninteresting music which would make me leave within 5 minutes. If I did happen to stay, I'd get bored within 5 minutes and leave anyway. I'd much rather be somewhere else... anywhere is better than the local dance club, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: 2003-02-18, 16:59 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #10 on: 2003-02-18, 19:57 »

Yeah, screw those flighty little cherubs and their crooked little arrows! Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2003-02-19, 03:24 »

What's so bad about Valentine's day?  The day was meant to honor love, and in particular, dedication between mates - something that is often ridiculed and viewed as "outdated" by the modern view of relationships.  Personally I find the modern treatment of love where it's treated like some kind of fast-food takeout scene of one-night stands and bed-hopping to be repulsive and vulgar.  So what if Valentine's day is flowers and roses and candy boxes anymore? You can blame Hallmark for that.  Same with "Sweetest day".  I can't stand "Hallmark Holidays", they take the "Holy" out of it.  That doesn't mean that the significance has to be lost in the marketing.  I have nothing against mushy stuff, I happen to LIKE mushy.  I think affection between committed mates is a wonderful thing, and the world needs more of it.  Just so long as it's geniune, "over-cutesy" does tend to sicken me to a point as well.  I think you males out there who detest "mushy" and "flowery" stuff should take this little lesson to heart here.  Females apreciate romance, acts of kindness, and all that mushy stuff a LOT more than chest-beating and bravado.  The only ones who look at chest-pounding are other males.  Let down your guard a bit, and show some real courage.  Be WHO you are inside, and you'll find females apreciate that a lot more.  Sure it means you risk getting hurt, but nothing ventured nothing gained.  After all, anyone can act like a tough guy.  The true "tough" guy is the one that can take humiliation, dust themselves off, and get back up again no matter how much they get hurt along the way.  Let your heart out for a change to play in the green meadows instead of keeping it caged inside a prison so that you don't "look weak".  There's nothing girlish about a male showing tenderness.  Even the fiercest eagle is clothed in the softest feathers.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #12 on: 2003-02-19, 04:14 »

I don't act "girlish"

/me tucks his long hair into his shirt and continues to pet his Chao...
« Last Edit: 2003-03-10, 19:42 by dev/null » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #13 on: 2003-02-19, 11:17 »

Quote from: ~SpAwN~
Dance clubs.. in the words of my unintelligent fighter alter-ego above "Me SMASH Dance club!!!" Dancing.. pfeh. First of all they play totally uninteresting music which would make me leave within 5 minutes. If I did happen to stay, I'd get bored within 5 minutes and leave anyway. I'd much rather be somewhere else... anywhere is better than the local dance club, but that's just me.
Wow, it must suck where you live... Granted lately it sucks where I live too, considering they turned the only good club into a strip joint (not that that isn't also appealing) now the only thing left is puke holes that play an array of rap and country, and I hate country music (well post 1960s country music). Well there are always Raves still... so little left of club culture... not that there was too much to begin with here.
Null, really man, that's the cop out plenty of people use... heh. Besides Gender lines are being blurred more and more each day
« Last Edit: 2003-02-19, 11:20 by Devlar » Logged
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #14 on: 2003-02-21, 05:50 »

Phoenix: "Personally I find the modern treatment of love where it's treated like some kind of fast-food takeout scene of one-night stands and bed-hopping to be repulsive and vulgar."  

Perhaps it's this very reason that I loathe Valentine's Day. Not necessarily because of Valentine's Day, but there are those that seem to try a bit harder when it does roll around.

Phoenix: "That doesn't mean that the significance has to be lost in the marketing.  I have nothing against mushy stuff, I happen to LIKE mushy.  I think affection between committed mates is a wonderful thing, and the world needs more of it."

I agree 100%, although it will never happen to me because of my views and perceptions of the world. I say this now with confidence, but I really do hope it will change. My doubt is overwhelming though, and it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

Didn't quote the rest of the post because I didn't have to. I'm never chest-ponding and acting tough. In fact, I'm just the opposite. I hate arguing, I hate fighting, and I hate it when others argue or fight around me. I have an extremely long fuse and vent more quietly than most others when I do happen to get pushed overboard. This is going by the old RL... I could care less on the web. Slipgate - Smile

Anyway, I feel that if it is indeed 'true love' then Valentine's Day really isn't necessary.

Devlar: "Wow, it must suck where you live..."

Let's just say that I will only listen to the 'metal' genre of music... anything else isn't worth listening to in my book. With that being said, I also find Raves uninteresting for almost the same reason.
« Last Edit: 2003-02-21, 05:53 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #15 on: 2003-02-21, 07:33 »

Phoenix: "Personally I find the modern treatment of love where it's treated like some kind of fast-food takeout scene of one-night stands and bed-hopping to be repulsive and vulgar."

Hey, I almost find that offensive! Mmmm Take-out....

Spawn, I honestly think its time for you to move to germany, i heard they have those crazy goth clubs where they play nothing but metal
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #16 on: 2003-02-21, 15:17 »

Phoenix: You type too much words! Me have eye hurt!

What's interesting enough is that at OSU, from 2/10 till 2/14, it was officially "Condom Week"! What's funny is that you'd probably NEVER see that ad placed in any location aside from a college residence hall  Slipgate - Wink Slipgate - Laugh

On that note - For everyone still in HS, make an effort to get to college! There are NUMEROUS advantages of being a part of a university!  Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: