2024-05-11, 11:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skybox Edges (The infamous atmosphere-killer)  (Read 9487 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #20 on: 2005-01-18, 00:36 »

NAILED!!!! I've sussed out what was causing the problem, although it still baffles me as to why it was happeneing. Basically, due to my average connection I originally downloaded Gen as zip files, but this time I used the installer. To cut a long story short, I was using shortcuts to .bat files for all the mods I have installed, but the shortcut provided by the Gen installer got rid of the problem. When I used my old .bat file they came back. VQ3 didn't have the lines when I just hit quake3.exe. Thanks to Gen's own shortcut, I've also learned how to add command line functions to all of the other ones without the need for .bat files.

Back in business!!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #21 on: 2005-01-18, 00:55 »

How can this be? Doom - Huh?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #22 on: 2005-01-18, 02:53 »

Your guess is as good as mine.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2005-01-18, 03:26 »

Er, well, glad the problem is fixed for you in any case!  Everything I've been seeing about the ATI cards is pointing to a driver bug, so I'm afraid those using ATI will have to make do until someone fixes it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #24 on: 2005-01-18, 03:30 »

I don't often look at the sky, anyway, so if it's a driver bug that only screws up skyboxes in this manner, it's not a problem. Thumbs up!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #25 on: 2005-01-20, 00:06 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Er, well, glad the problem is fixed for you in any case!  Everything I've been seeing about the ATI cards is pointing to a driver bug, so I'm afraid those using ATI will have to make do until someone fixes it.
Another driver bug prevents rendering of the specular lighting in the FS2_Open engine builds for FreeSpace 2, so it looks just like normal FS2 lighting. This one can be fixed by downgrading your drivers to an older version, but you lose a lot of performance in other games by doing that. I don't see why the Catalyst drivers aren't as good as custom drivers. Can't they implement the fixes that are currently only available in custom drivers?

Slipgate - Off Topic
Has anyone noticed that this place is less active than it used to be?
*watches tumbleweed roll by*
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: