2024-05-04, 20:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I wandered outside...  (Read 4777 times)
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« on: 2007-07-20, 09:00 »

And now I'm (finally) a Wii-tard, It seems it's still hard to get a Wii and they've been out for over half a year...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-20, 16:22 »

Wii see you finally got logged in properly too.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dr Sean

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-20, 19:12 »

Well we have a Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. And it seems like we dont play the Wii as much as we play the 360, or even the PS3, actualy I might like the Wii more than the PS3, but not much. But, i guess the Wii is kind of fun sometimes when a lot of people come over, and we play Wii sports or somthing, but it seems like when no one else is over, no one wants to play it at all.
So overall, my favorite is the Xbox 360, the PS3 has no games out for it that i really want to play. (yet?) and the I kind of think the Wii seems like a little gimmick thatsa fun to pull out sometimes and mess with.
-But thats just my opinion, so, you know, take from that what you will. Doomed
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-21, 10:44 »

My personal view is that Nintendo (of America) has always had a bad habit of not supporting their products which leads to a lack of interest from 3rd party developers.  Still, the few 1st party titles that do make it stateside are always of such high caliber.  Thankfully, the last quarter of 2007 and the first quarter of 2008 should provide some more meat to gnaw on for the core gamer.  1st party titles are now incorporating online play (3rd party developers have yet to receive any SDK,) and the next wave of 3rd party titles seem less gimmicky.  (EA's Boogie looks especially interesting, and Pipeworks is developing another Godzilla game for the platform. Slipgate - Laugh)

There's also the continued push to expand the market by attracting the casual gamer (which is great because I can finally convince my family to pick up the controller and show some damn interest in my hobbies.)  The Wii balance board will not only allow for calisthenics but add another level of immersion to snowboarding and surfing games.  The virtual console is also a good way for newcomers to get caught up to speed on more modern gameplay.  (Although, Europe tends to get the shaft as far as the quality of releases goes.)

So I say give it it time.  Both the Nintendo 64 and the Gamecube did not shine until near the end of their life-cycle but what little there was, is fondly remembered.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-21, 10:46 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-21, 11:50 »

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping half assedly that I can get my family into the wii, Half assedly because I know they can (and have) taken systems from me.

Still a possibly small price for some sort of family bonding BS... or something like that.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-21, 22:50 »

I'm thinking about buying a Wii by Christmas, though I'm not sure. It's either that or a huge manga order or even a new pair of earphones. Must not think ahead of time.
I foresee a long lifespan for the Wii, which hopefully won't mean that its prime time will be near its end. We shall see with time.

BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-22, 03:01 »

I don't have a Wii yet, but I'd like to get one one of these days.  The two Wii games I'm most interested in right now are Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn.

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #7 on: 2007-07-24, 23:13 »

Meh... The Wii never seemed too innovative to me.

I mean...It's a working power glove.

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: