2024-05-06, 08:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Demos! (See the action!)  (Read 15809 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-01-01, 02:22 »

We have some very nice demos to show off to you.  If you want to check them out, download them here!

demos_122903.zip
demopack1.zip
CTF Demo
BFG Demo
Dead Simple
Pain  From Spain
USA Forum Game 03/27/2004
demopack_earth.zip
USA CTF Game 04/07/2004
Evil BFG10K Demo (99etest code bug)

One known issue with 99d and demos is that the model of the player you're following will reflect your model preference for that class the first time you play back the demo.  Once a class change occurs the model will change.  It may reset your model preferences, so be warned.  That's no excuse to miss the action though, and we'll have that fixed in the next version.  Download, view, enjoy!

Got a demo you want to see uploaded?  Send it to myself or ConfusedUs and we'll see about uploading it for you.  Remember, you can record a demo any time you play by typing
/demorecord from the console, and /stoprecord will end the demo recording.  It will number it automatically if you don't specify a name.  Demos can and will record over multiple levels, too, so if you want to demo your entire night's play go for it!
« Last Edit: 2004-05-09, 13:00 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-02, 13:42 »

I tried recording demos before, with the command you specify. It didn't work on playback, crashing with some message about server inconsistency or some such. Demos made by others work here, though, so it's probably a setting on my rig?

Got it: I crashes when i click the play button - but works fine & dandy when i doubleclick the demo.. weird stuff.
« Last Edit: 2004-03-07, 01:14 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-02, 15:15 »

I think so.  /demorecord works best as long as you're a remote client.  If you're hosting a local game it will record choppy and might have trouble, so if you're hosting a listen server you'll need to use g_synchronousclients 1 and /record.  I'm going to assume you were connected to one of the WHS servers.  So far I've reviewed over 20 demos, including one that Kain recorded that spans several maps without any trouble at all.

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-03, 03:57 »

Yay demos! I can finally watch all those matches I miss all the time. Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-04, 11:12 »

A new file was added.  Check out demopack1.zip.  Tekhead and Xypher have a few demos in there, and I've got a bunch as well.  More will be on the way soon!

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-10, 22:14 »

http://members.cox.net/lakstudios/LeDemo.dm_68

Jan 3rd Demo...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-18, 04:05 »

EDIT: I also uploaded one that features myself playing so you can see how much I suck - FIRSTHAND!!!  Thumbs up!

EDIT: broke link as it has moved... somewhere...
« Last Edit: 2004-03-26, 22:30 by dna » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-20, 20:50 »

Added the BFG9000 usage demo up top.

JRock

« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-05, 22:30 »

refresh me on how to play the demo in-game...

do i just stick the unzipped file into a /demo or /demos directory under generations arena's folder and then look for a Play Demo menu option in Q3A:GA, or console command /demo demoname.dem? I forget!

edit - thanks that's just what I figured out with trial and error Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2004-02-05, 22:53 by JRock » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-05, 22:35 »

Put it in Quake3/generations/demos

Then when you start up gen, on the main menu there's a 'demos' button. Click it, select your demo, and have at it!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-08, 08:26 »

Two more demos added to the top from tonight's forum game!  Check out Dead Simple and Pain from Spain!

OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2004-03-04, 08:29 »

http://home.earthlink.net/~xxmysticlestatx.../demo0000.dm_68

i dont suck that bad  :ph34r:
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #12 on: 2004-03-04, 10:01 »

Quote from: OmEgA-X
i dont suck that bad  :ph34r:
Yeah, you were only playing against the worst player here... Banging Head against Wall

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2004-03-07, 01:05 »

Ok, you want demos? I've got demos.
Alas, I cannot offer you top notch stuff, since my skills have deteriorated somewhat since I stopped actively Q3-FFA'ing.. but still, some nice & tense matches.

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/tmp/tab_20040307.zip

1. Drats, forgot the name.. that funky blue/steel map.. teleporter, ra & mh.. you'll see ;p
Pretty tense game, me & tek warming up and generally missing a lot of rails :]
2. Stormatorium. Tense game, tek & me battling for #1 spot, Fila joining later and hurting everyone much.
3. The Abandoned Base - Tab getting pwned. I was seriously not in my element here...
And Daed. kicked everyones arse :] - It almost hurts me to put this up, so be gentle.
4. Ehr.. the other blueish.. steelish.. map.. Strogg themed.. - This one I hate, but the game is tense & fun. Fila owning all, the bloody Arena-ist ;]

Man this is some funny shit with my sound pak.. quake turns comedy. Oh well.

5. Ahem. The Bouncy Map (hurray for that name). I went full Arena-whore here. Lots of railing, although most of them are way off target. But with a higher FPH than Fila, I'm not complaining. Fun to watch, especially if you like skeets. (nearly a double hit air frag 2:40 secs into it.. but just missed.. alas Slipgate - Smile)
6. And last and definately least: GenStart. Fila owning all, nice job there :]
« Last Edit: 2004-03-07, 01:08 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2004-03-07, 05:23 »

And then there was the US game. Got some more free flight and in eyes switching demoing in this set..

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/tmp/tab_u...sa_20040307.zip
warning: 20 Mb :]

1. House of Chton remake - lots of chaotic fraggage here
plenty of cool quad-frags. Tekhead has a 10 frag streak withing the first minute :] - In eyes demo.
2. Simply Dead - PURE CHAOS. I'm very much in the lead at the end, to my total surprise. Some BFG spammage and nice Simply-Deading. - Tab pov.
3. The Slimy Place - general fun fraggage (lots of sawing, and it was a BIT too crowdy for that map) - In eyes / Free flight demo
4. 2 maps in one demo, Tab pov. Very crowdy games, too.
5. When Doom came to Dunwich (or something like that) - in eyes pov.
Lots of fragging, and MantiCore playage.
6. Overwhelming Hostility. Tab pov - I barely won this one. VERY crowded game. Fun for screenshots, probably :]
« Last Edit: 2004-03-07, 05:28 by Tabun » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2004-03-28, 09:35 »

USA Forum Game 03/27/2004

Added this tonight!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-04-06, 05:37 »

If you missed the action from tonight's Earth DM game, fear not.  I've recorded five demos for your viewing pleasure.  Download the Earth Demopack and unzip into your generations/demos folder.  Enjoy!

demopack_earth.zip

dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #17 on: 2004-04-06, 14:33 »

Will demos from one version of Generations be workable in a newer?  IE, will 99D demos work in 99E?  Or the reverse?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2004-04-07, 04:10 »

Yes and no.  I'll explain.

Demos recorded in .99d WILL work in .99e, but some things will not work correctly.  I can't elaborate on some points because it will spoil something nifty we have in the works that I don't want to post publicly just yet.  Suffice it to say it will involve a very minor visual inconsistency with a few weapons.

Demos from .99e WILL NOT work correctly in .99d, and will probably crash with an "Unknown Event" error or behave erratically due to some changes in the event list.

Also, the weapons code is going to drastically change for 1.0, so any demos recorded prior to 1.0 almost certainly will not work.  I know backwards compatibility is always nice, but there's just no way that the new weapons functions will work with the old event-style handling of weapon functions.  I think the sacrifice is more than worth it though, considering it will minimize the network footprint of Generations as well as allow us to actually animate our guns properly.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2004-04-08, 06:35 »

Added USA CTF demos from 04/07/2004 courtesy of Kain-Xavier.  See the first thread for link.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: