2024-05-04, 14:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake III Arena Source...  (Read 17290 times)
YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #40 on: 2005-01-12, 23:07 »

Slipgate - Off Topic  That third screenshot Woolie just made me think "BUILD!".  Few on here will get what I'm actually referring to.

Also,  I agree with Tab about the re-texturing groups.  Take a look over at 3D Realms forum - there are plenty of users doing their very best to output textures...but it's a hit and miss affair.  Then again, like me, they're (mostly) amateurs when it comes to texture work,  so as Tab says: expect crap.

Indeed, I can only think of one retexturing project that worked out well and that is for DX:IW...and most of what had been accomlished twas made by people numbering in the single digits.  Resulting in a far more consistent quality (bad or good is open to debate and will, of course, change from person to person).   Slipgate - Off Topic

Ok, on topic, almost...well I'm more interested in the history of the code than anything else.  That being the one reason why I've downloaded over years everything from the Wolf 3D source to the Duke 3D source releases...=]  

New features...meh! Pigeon no able think of new features that he'd like - pigeon go coo!

Regards,

Yickle.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-12, 23:09 by YicklePigeon » Logged
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #41 on: 2005-01-13, 02:27 »

Quote from: YicklePigeon
Slipgate - Off Topic  That third screenshot Woolie just made me think "BUILD!".  Few on here will get what I'm actually referring to.
Let me guess - it's either the bridge or those slanted bits!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #42 on: 2005-01-13, 21:22 »

Quote from: scalliano
Let me guess - it's either the bridge or those slanted bits!
ZDoom supports slopes and faux 3D bridges have been around since 1995.
YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #43 on: 2005-01-14, 02:18 »

Scalliano: the entire shot reminds me of E2M1 from Duke 3D :} Not a bad thing imho.

Woolie:  When I said "BUILD!" in my previous post, I am referring to Ken Silverman's Build tech that powered such games as Duke Nukem 3D and Blood - not that I wanted to build what I seen in the screenshot :}

Regards,

Yickle.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #44 on: 2005-01-14, 23:29 »

Quote from: YicklePigeon
Scalliano: the entire shot reminds me of E2M1 from Duke 3D :} Not a bad thing imho.

Woolie:  When I said "BUILD!" in my previous post, I am referring to Ken Silverman's Build tech that powered such games as Duke Nukem 3D and Blood - not that I wanted to build what I seen in the screenshot :}

Regards,

Yickle.
I know you meant the Build engine. I was just telling how they managed to implement Build-like slopes and 3D bridges in the ZDoom engine (for the bridges, they use invisible THINGs and two-sided linedefs. For the slopes, they use a special linetype.).
« Last Edit: 2005-01-14, 23:31 by Woolie Wool » Logged
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #45 on: 2005-01-20, 11:35 »

Quote from: Tabun
Par example: they used my (gen) doom-door, and cut it up into bits to 'make' other textures, which all sucked as a result.
I spent about a month trying to clean up messes like that in the Doom 2 retexture project Slipgate - Sad

Now I am pretty much bored of it. Its impossible to know what came from where anymore. Why bother trying to do something good when people are happy with a bump map + sharpen filter.
lord_malchia

« Reply #46 on: 2005-01-23, 06:14 »

Slipgate - Off Topic Speaking of retexturing projects, does anyone know where I can find the old Quake 1 retexturing files that were recommended for Tenebrae and such? Everywhere I go points to a German link, which either doesn't work or doesn't seem to have the file anywhere.
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #47 on: 2005-01-23, 15:36 »

Try this page http://np.teamfortress.org/iM/textures/

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: