2024-05-11, 14:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: updates on me, if you care  (Read 11329 times)
mecha

Shambler

« on: 2005-04-13, 10:38 »

I've been derailed from the Gen scene following my spring break in Florida last month on account of many reasons that I'd like to disclose now:

school: this is both academic and social reasons; I've had a lot of work/exams and various crap going on since I got back from break. given that it's my last semester in the dorms and I have a lot of friends on the outs on account of graduation, I've been spending more time doing things with my friends.

IRC: I can no longer port bounce to IRC, and I refuse to use CGI IRC in the first place. frankly I feel I have no place on IRC anyway, since most people react to my presence like I'm the next Loof or something.

Gen/online gaming: online gaming is on the outs with me. I never really connected much with the Gen community to begin with, and I feel that my replacement (yes, replacement) by Makou was much in order. coupled with the fact that I really wasn't enjoying Gen anymore because a lot of my old Quake friends no longer play aided in this decision. I've been in contact with my friends back home and I will be picking up where I left off with their LAN party functions, since I will not be involved in summer school this year.

personal: there's also been a lot of other underlying problems in my life that I've had to tend to. my grandparents are more or less my "parents" -- I've been living with them since 1996. my grandpa had some heart/kidney complications down in Florida and it's really had my whole family on edge for the past 2-3 weeks now. I had some relationship issues as well, but it's safe to say for now that both my relationship and my grandpa's health are doing significantly better now. I'm trying to pick up some internship time for the summer and fall and overall just survive school so I can actually graduate on time next year.

so this is where I stand right now. I know I was never a fan-favorite around this community, and I don't seek sympathy for any of it because not only did I bring a lot of it on myself, but it really boils down to me just being different than the rest of you. it was a good run for the past year now, and I hope to make some appearances when Gen 1.0 emerges, but my involvement, especially from a staff standpoint, are going to be virtually null until further notice.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-13, 12:24 »

I might call you many things but i wouldnt do you the dishonor of calling you loof.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 12:24 by Woodsman » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-13, 12:25 »

Excuses excuses excuses!

Not to sound flamboyantly gay, but I think we connected juust fine.
If you were the right man for PR, I couldn't say, but don't bullshit about 'fitting in' when Woodsman is still around.

Seriously though, you at least still owe us your participation in a Gen 1.0 Slipgate vs Doom match or two :]
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 12:25 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-13, 13:07 »

I know I was never a fan-favorite around this community

wel actually , you where always 1 of those names that popped up when I thought of wirehead , together with tabun , pho , con , etc so i wouldn't say you weren't fan-favorite . <3
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-13, 15:22 »

Do what you need to do man. Life gets you down alot. But I wouldn't say that you are different then the rest of us, and I agree with the guys, you fit in just fine,  I think you did a great job. BTW  Thumbs up!
I don't think you are a loof, you are just an honest person and I respect that.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 15:25 by Little Washu » Logged

mecha

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-13, 18:57 »

well, that was an interesting set of replies. I think the farewell match should be an epic Slipgate vs. Doom encounter... when Doom can't spam blimps anymore. Slipgate - Wink

all I can say is we'll see.

keep the forum gaming alive, btw. that's why I wanted it back in the first place.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-13, 21:01 »

To be honest mecha things whouldnt be the same without you! I do hope you'll find sometime for gen and for IRC.
Btw best of luck with the IRL things! Slipgate - Smile

Slipgate - Ownage
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-14, 01:16 »

mecha, you've "quit" the Quake scene more times than I can count.  You'll be back.  It's like a bad crack habit with you, and you know you just can't resist the lure of the rocket launcher.  It will haunt you, in your dreams, until Ranger drags you kicking and screaming like a little school girl back into the arenas.  I'll be waiting for you, with two barrels of 00 buck ready to plaster your brains across the wall.

Until then, good luck with everything you've got to get done.  I look forward to kicking your ass across the arenas in Old School mode, where the blimps will put Goodyear to shame!
 :rules:

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #8 on: 2005-04-14, 08:43 »

this may seem like an empty reply and i know we've had our...............differences but i try to stay neutral with everyone with an optomistic view. knowing that i wish you the best of luck with whatever leads you down your roads and occasionally running into those damned road forks. >.> dont know why they called em forks in the first place. they should call them spoons or something. or both SPORK! Slipgate - Grin anyway came back to the chan when you can. we all need a little spice in our life and you definately add some.

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-14, 11:52 »

/me tombstones mecha.

That's all I need to say to see your ass off. Slipgate - Wink

<3 mecha

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-14, 11:59 »

Good luck Mecha, hope you get your life back in order
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #11 on: 2005-04-19, 10:14 »

a lot of the problems have been sorted out, but I'll still be away from the online gaming thing.

thanks for the unexpected support.  Slipgate - Ownage
« Last Edit: 2005-04-19, 10:14 by mecha » Logged
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #12 on: 2005-04-22, 06:22 »

mecha, you've "quit" the Quake scene more times than I can count. You'll be back. It's like a bad crack habit with you, and you know you just can't resist the lure of the rocket launcher.

Think this is mecha "quits" #98392034.

You really can't resist, but at least you don't let it consume. I'll be back with you to kick doom's butt  one day  Slipgate - Ownage

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-04-22, 19:23 »

Yeah Pun, that's because you know it'll take the both of you to even stand a chance of getting a lucky frag on me.  :rules:

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #14 on: 2005-04-22, 20:02 »

Make it three of us.
:^)

mecha

Shambler

« Reply #15 on: 2005-04-22, 23:19 »

Quote from: Punisher

Think this is mecha "quits" #98392034.

You really can't resist, but at least you don't let it consume. I'll be back with you to kick doom's butt  one day  Slipgate - Ownage
Brothers of Destruction Sipgate - Evil

ultimately, the Phoenix will be destroyed.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2005-04-23, 00:23 »

Don't make me side with Phoenix, with those slick-ass remarks ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #17 on: 2005-04-23, 05:00 »

Pho and Tab vs all... uh ohs. I think Pho and Tab would win... *places his bet*

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #18 on: 2005-04-23, 12:01 »

hell yeah, it's bad enough with one of them
Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #19 on: 2005-04-23, 20:09 »

... fine by me: Phoenix & Tab versus everybody else special TDM night :p ... mind to disable rail classes and Earth for Tab though >:p ...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: