2024-05-14, 15:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a fish tank now!  (Read 4516 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2005-09-27, 20:15 »

I've had this 37 gallon freshwater tank for about 5 weeks now.

Tank occupants include:

Two male powder blue dwarf gouramis, one plain blue and the other striped with red
A female for each of the above

One ornate rainbow fish of some sort. I bought it, researched it, and promptly forgot its official name.

Six cherry barbs. This tiny fish are a beautiful, bright red, and much tougher than neon tetras.

Four zebra danios and Four pearl danios. These guys school together in the middle to upper part of the tank constantly.

One large sailfin pleco

Here's the tank. Using the flash on my camera made all the colors warp funny, but not using the flash left the water looking cloudy. Oh well.

Here's the centerpiece of the tank, a large bridge that the gouramis have taken over.

Same picture, but with the flash. This one turned out much better than anything else I tried.

Best picture I could get of the red-and-blue gourami. This also shows what happened when I used the flash. This shot was better than most. I guess my background is too reflective or something.

Here's my ornate rainbow

Here's my favorite, my powder blue gourami.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-27, 20:22 »

Yeii, fish-like lifeforms inside a home!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-27, 21:29 »

Looks like part of a Quake map in there... that's not the Well of Wishes is it?  Don't see any dopefish though...  Just don't discharge into the water!  Sipgate - Evil

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-28, 02:48 »

Awsome fish! Slipgate - Smirk

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-28, 13:56 »

I have fish myself, but I keep them in a pond. a couple of carp and about 25 goldfish, as they just seem to breed. The pond is in a kind of greenhouse i call the fishhouse. no heat, just a massive waterlilly and some papirus that I grew from a very small plant. I like to play the guitar in there in the summertime. I holds about 9 cubic meters of water, which cleans about twice a day.

fish are restful to be near.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-28, 18:19 »

Actually I hate fish myself.  Fish are for water.  Phoenix does not like water.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-29, 10:43 »

Con  , search for a green fish to put into the tank and maybe a lobster , just for fun :p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: