2024-05-14, 03:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Window's Security Updates (Wow there's a bunch)  (Read 3784 times)
death_stalker

Makron

« on: 2005-02-09, 17:39 »

Windows has a huge security update.Anybody running on windows may want to check it out.There's a total of 10(including a new malicious software remover).I wonder just how long these security holes have been there.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-09, 18:52 »

Quite some time, one particular browser hijack method has been known by microsoft since early to mid october 2k4. MS is relatively slow when it comes to patching holes in their OS; and some of those fixes introduce new bugs--er.. "features." *cough*securitycenter*cough*

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-02-09, 19:39 »

Yeah, and I hear a lot of grumbling in the business sector that every new update makes things run slower.  Aren't you glad I work my tailfeathers off to fix bugs in Gen?  Imagine how it would play if Microsoft coded it.  One saying I've always been fond of is "The Ark was built by an amateur, the Titanic by professionals."  Doomed

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-02-09, 20:10 »

if microsoft would have coded gen , it would future animations and they would call it  generationsXP .

ofcours after a couple of months they would release SP1 wich will actually make the game playable without crashing , then they will make a generations2003 server edition and let you pay for it again
« Last Edit: 2005-02-09, 20:12 by games keeper » Logged
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2005-02-09, 21:14 »

Slipgate - Off Topic Unlike Windows, Generations Arena will get out of its "public beta" status, and it will feature animations, and it won't crash unnecessarily. <3

Back on topic. Thank you so much, Windows Update, for NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY and forcing me to load up the actual website to download everything.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #5 on: 2005-02-11, 00:02 »

LOL...not too many windows lovers out there Slipgate - Laugh Just thought I'd pass on the news though.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2005-02-11, 05:46 »

/me shrugs.

Mine worked just fine, in fact Windows got around to downloading them before I did. :p

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: