2024-05-12, 19:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Prize method? (Proposed tourney prize rubric)  (Read 4921 times)
jess

Archvile

« on: 2005-05-28, 01:26 »

A. Top Three:

The top three players will receive prizes. This was last year's method.

B. Round Off the Top Five:

The top five players will receive prizes. Fourth and fifth will be "honorable mentions."

C. Player's Choice:

The top three players will have a set prize. In addition, they will be given a choice for their second prize. The choices will be equal value for that teir. After the first place winner choses what they want, the prize remaining will go to fourth place (again, honorable mention). After second place choses the remaining prize will be given to fifth place, and so on. The top six players will receive prizes.

EXAMPLE of Player's Choice:

Second place prize might be the Doom 3 expansion. The player will then have a choice of a case of bawls or a case of jolt. If the second place winner choses bawls, the fifth place winner would receive the case of jolt. (And before anyone asks, no, this is not the official prize listing :p )

Please leave me feedback, comments, suggestions, and the usual stuff. Thanks every one!
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-28, 02:46 »

Meesa votefo C-sa

Seriously though, that sounds like a good idea.  I can't think of any other suggestions than what I've already given at the moment. Slipgate - Smile

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-28, 07:24 »

I was thinking C, but rather to simplify it maybe just have four prizes, with the top three winners choosing in order, and the "honorable mention" player receiving whatever is not chosen by the top 3.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-28, 10:49 »

I think that top 5 is the best option.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-23, 17:23 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-28, 22:48 »

I vote C sounds best.
jess

Archvile

« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-28, 23:29 »

Quote from: Phoenix
I was thinking C, but rather to simplify it maybe just have four prizes, with the top three winners choosing in order, and the "honorable mention" player receiving whatever is not chosen by the top 3.
We've already started the request for Nvidia to sponsor. If they sponsor us, this wouldn't work.

Pho: I'll PM you on IRC next time you're on.
T-Dawg

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-03, 05:20 »

I like C
CrioKnight

Ogre

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-24, 22:19 »

I like C too.
Slipgate - Tongue
this thread is lacking action!
/me does a little dance.
Pages: [1]
  Print