2024-04-29, 13:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cultural Names (Split from Searches Thread)  (Read 11792 times)
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #20 on: 2004-04-05, 14:41 »

Our tribes were hardly familiar with genocide before the Europeans invaded. Genocide is the process of systematically slaughtering a group. Simple warfare does not breed such ultimatums in the least bit. I don?t see why this is even relevant at all, as I wasn?t attempting to convey the point that Native Americans were or are currently a completely peaceful and passive race. We are, without a doubt, such for the majority though, but as all others there is blood on our hands as well. It?s that kindness and belief in false, white, propositions that led to our downfall. Settlers had enough trouble as it was with the few individuals that did choose to stand and fight, just imagine if we all had been united under such a banner.

I see no blessings that were brought with the arrival of those pasty skinned dullards. Unless you count hypocritical and detached religions, various diseases and plagues, death, lies, etc? Not only did they manage to wipe out much of what was once a beautiful and thriving culture, but with it they took several species of animals as well. The greedy heart of the Whiteman knows no boundaries.

But, since I?m only pretending to be offended by such, would you please tell me what I?m actually offended by? That way, I can go whine about it instead and leave you in peace to wallow in your mental state of white supremacy and obviously flawed ego. As dna has already stated, many of our cultures are far from dead, though have sadly been deluded and capitalized upon, even being bred out of existence in some cases. I?m not necessary attempting to make you feel remorse or regret for actions of the past, but I do firmly believe that they should be recognized and acknowledged. I am certainly, in no way, saying that I have more of a right to live here than you do either. My ancestors struggled for a peaceful coexistence until the bitter end, ultimately it was the invaders who saw life and prosperity among one another to be unfit, like the good Christians they were.

Oh, and I brought about no mention of said oppression of Scotland because it is but one of many wrongdoings in British history. To thoroughly and accurately go over every misdeed would take forever, and probably more storage space than this forum is willing to shell out.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #21 on: 2004-04-05, 14:50 »

Quote from: dev/null
I see no blessings that were brought with the arrival of those pasty skinned dullards.
Quake. Slipgate - Tongue
Apocrypha

Ogre

« Reply #22 on: 2004-04-05, 19:04 »

Thanks for arguing such points in my absence, Dev, I think you are better suited to it anyway, considering. You make excellent points though I think it is sadly futile to argue such, at least here, no matter what evidence you provide, what facts you present, the idea(s) will still always be shot down, that's the kind of conditioning you should expect (I thought you knew this). Through the years as I've spoken out I've some to realize that no matter how much I tried, could not change the intellectual impotence of an entire country.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2004-04-06, 18:07 »

Which is actually rather amusing, I find myself on the other side of the fence due, in part, to the local indoctrination that rubs on my nerves.

The expectation that any group should be held responsible for the actions of a relative minority is ludicrous. Not only are you judging Christians by the actions of evangelists, but now the white man at large is evil...

Honestly, I'm tired of responding to this. I refuse to be held responsible for idiot christians. I refuse to be held responsible for american slavery, for the slaughter of the tribes of man living here before the europeans moved in.

Among my ancestors, I count so-called native american blood, I count jayhawks and the blood for former slaves, I count relatively minor european royalty who fled because they married "commoners" for LOVE.

As such, I find this puling drivel personally insulting.

I know I'm an exception, I know I'm not in the majority. HOWEVER, I will NOT be held responsible for the crimes committed by people who looked like me. No one race is innocent, so quit your bitching and move on.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #24 on: 2004-04-12, 18:30 »

Well Angst, thanks for setting this topic back. For some unknown reason, you?ve decided to rehash each and every one of Woodsman?s claims. I guess having them easily destroyed once wasn?t good enough, eh? Anyway, to save time, I shall simply suggest you take a look in the northern direction of this thread, for it is there that most of your questions will be answered.

I will expand upon some points though, such as you thinking that hypocritical Christians are the minority. All I have to say to that is: HA!. In my experience, it has been extremely difficult to find a Christian worthy of the air they breathe. Of course, I realize that there are exceptions to this, just as there is to everything. Besides, the white man, at large, is indeed quite evil. History does not lie.

Quit my bitching and move on? I would gladly move on if what I was fighting was IN THE PAST. However, it is not, as is evident from various sources? lack of realization.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-12, 18:33 by dev/null » Logged
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2004-04-12, 19:37 »

Well Angst, thanks for setting this topic back. For some unknown reason, you?ve decided to rehash each and every one of Woodsman?s claims. I guess having them easily destroyed once wasn?t good enough, eh? Anyway, to save time, I shall simply suggest you take a look in the northern direction of this thread, for it is there that most of your questions will be answered.
I'm not setting anything back, I'm simply stating that I am tired of the fscking race-card. As for answering my questions, where do I ask a question in that post? Honestly, did you even bother reading it in it's entirety?

my point can be summed up as thus:
I know I'm an exception, I know I'm not in the majority. HOWEVER, I will NOT be held responsible for the crimes committed by people who looked like me.

My gripe is simple, all I see is finger-pointing. Noone is willing to bury the hatchet. This group bitches about that group who bitches about another group.

Myself? I'm bitching about all the bitching.

Quit my bitching and move on? I would gladly move on if what I was fighting was IN THE PAST. However, it is not, as is evident from various sources? lack of realization.
If noone ever lets it go it will never stay in the past. It has to start somewhere, and I'm tired of being on the outside looking in as it were.

I have worked most of my life to bring people together and all I have to show for it are the bruises of so-called progressives who demand retribution from innocent people. *I* don't see people based on race. *I* don't judge people based on religion or lack thereof. So why do I find myself defending the same people you're attacking? Because you're attacking them. If you were defending anything worthwhile, I'd be on your side.

HOWEVER, all I see in this thread is insult-slinging and vague, poorly-aimed barbs that happen to strike myself and my largely historically-ignored heritage. Instead of placing blame and false shame, perhaps you should simply be proud of what yourself and your ancestors have accomplished, survived, and continue to create.

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #26 on: 2004-04-13, 18:16 »

Quote from: Angst
Instead of placing blame and false shame, perhaps you should simply be proud of what yourself and your ancestors have accomplished, survived, and continue to create.
A fair enough statement, however, it is hard to do so when you are hated, or in the very least ignored. The majority of people are oblivious as to what the history of this country really is, and that?s sad, because once flourished an utterly beautiful array of cultures. It is hard not to complain about our current situation, as no justice has been tossed our way. For example; there were nearly half a dozen Christian holidays in just this one month alone, yet not one Native American holiday in the entire year. I don?t see a ?Red History Month? either. And, as stated before, it is even more disgusting when compared with holidays which are clearly displayed with a hateful undertone towards us.

All in all, such things are just examples. I never much cared for holidays in general, and would certainly not wish to see my ancestors? suffering turned into a profitable parade or some such commercialized bullshit.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2004-04-14, 00:39 »

...it is hard not to complain about our current situation, as no justice has been tossed our way. For example; there were nearly half a dozen Christian holidays in just this one month alone, yet not one Native American holiday in the entire year. I don?t see a ?Red History Month? either.
Part of this is due to the fact that legally, and officially, the Tribal Nations, as it were, are separate entities. And the prevaling idea that the United States of America is a Christian nation. You most likely won't find any Tribal holidays celebrated off-reservation. Or outside of the occasional pow-wows, which have become a tad too commercial for my taste in recent years.. :/ I miss those..

All in all, such things are just examples. I never much cared for holidays in general, and would certainly not wish to see my ancestors? suffering turned into a profitable parade or some such commercialized bullshit.
Agreed.

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #28 on: 2004-04-22, 18:03 »

Quote from: Woodsman
so what part of that includes kids being taught to hate native americans? and you know there is a giant statue of crazy horse being built not far from mount rushmore.

Columbus day will only be abolished in the pipe dreams of bitter leftists because like it or not he is in part responsible for the eurpean settlement of north america. (im not here to argue if that was bad or not so dont even start) secondly Italians americans have kind of latched on to it as thier own holiday.
Dont forget about the vikings damn you!

Beer? I'm down.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #29 on: 2004-04-22, 21:18 »

The Italian Americans have latched onto the Vikings?  Wha...?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: