2024-03-29, 03:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Report This Post" Function  (Read 5182 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-04-15, 22:29 »

For the first time, people are using the "Report This Post to a Moderator" function.

This is a good thing, but I figure I should put in a few words on when it's proper, when it's not, and what to include when you use it.

When to use
Highly offensive material, illegal copyrighted material, or blatant trolls. Basically, anything that harms the forums, site, or community as a whole.

When not to use
Minor infractions on the rules, such as indirect personal attacks. We, the moderators, read just about every post on the forums. We sometimes let minor things slide with just a PM to the user, especially in CC.

What to include
The report post function is a tad lacking. It doesn't say who sent the report or who posted the offending post. It does give the post number, but that number isn't obvious unless I track it down in the moderator control panel.

So please say who you are, who you're reporting, and copy the offending message so it's easier to track down. If you don't, and the offending post isn't blatantly obvious, nothing will be done.

Thanks!
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-16, 18:04 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
The report post function is a tad lacking. It doesn't say who sent the report or who posted the offending post.
I think it would be wise to keep the anonymity of who is making the complaint, personally. *shrugs*
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-16, 21:30 »

Quote from: dev/null
I think it would be wise to keep the anonymity of who is making the complaint, personally. *shrugs*
I don't. If you don't have the courage to say it, then there's probably nothing that wrong.

I'm going to try to modify the function to include this stuff auto-magically, IF I can find it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: