2024-03-29, 06:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metroid item?  (Read 6151 times)
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-05-28, 06:11 »

This obviously only applies to people who have played a metroid game, but if you could have one item from the metroid universe, what would it be? We'll assume you have the power suit  (and power beam) for some unknown reason, but absolutely nothing else. Sucks that I'm limited to 10 choices, so I'll choose the ten most likely items.

Note that boss specific items don't count, like the Hyper Beam, Phazon Beam, and the included Phazon Suit. Furthermore, the limit of only one item precludes any items that require other items, such as ball upgrades. I've gone ahead and lister Super Missiles instead of Missiles, since Missiles aren't necessarily a prerequisite for Supers.

If you REALLY REALLY want an unlisted item, like Hi-Jump or one of the visors or something, go ahead and do a write in.

I, myself, have chosen Space Jump. The ability for sustained flight is just too good to pass up.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-28, 06:12 by OoBeY » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-28, 06:26 »

Morph ball. Mobility at its finest
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-28, 13:03 »

I've never played it, so I chose "Screw Attack".  Besides sounding obviously obscene, which gives this comic value, this is a nod to JJ Squawkers.  You'd have to have played it to understand.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-28, 13:23 »

I'd pick a visor. I've seen people play it, and I intend to play Prime some day, myself. I dunno what it's called (X visor?) but the one that allows you to see ghosts, that would be most welcome here. I couldn't think of any way to observe the world in that would be more inspiring to a skinner :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-28, 15:28 »

I'll go with the Varia Suit.  Staying comfortable in extreme conditions is practically a must for me.

(Goes to vote)

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
[WaRdeN]

Team Member
Archvile

« Reply #5 on: 2004-05-28, 15:57 »

The item from the game I would most want, which is not included, is Samus herself. My god is she flexible, which is good.
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #6 on: 2004-05-28, 16:20 »

I chose the Speed Booster, cause it would just be damn cool to be able to run so fast AND be invincible while you do it.  Not to mention doing the crazy shoulder charges (Shinespark, I believe).

If the Grappling Beam were up there, I'd have a difficult time choosing between the two...the idea of being able to grapple to stuff always interested me, and I've always wanted a grappling hook.  But in the end, I think I woulda chosen the Booster anyway, since the mobility that it gave Samus in Super Metroid was just friggin amazing.

I was looking up some info about Prime 2 the other day...apparently the Screw Attack has made a return, so that should be cool...maybe they'll put the Speed Booster back in as well.  The speed effects they could pull off in that game would just make me crap myself in awe.

I'm a Metroid freak, by the way, heh.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2004-05-29, 06:20 »

The speed booster is back. Shinesparking is not the charging, that's simply storing the charge. Shinesparking is when you launch the charge into a Super Jump, and the SJ ends up going into a slope. In that case, the speed booster reinitializes and you can hold a direction (or store the charge again). Certain scenarios allow you to chain Super Jumps and Shinesparks to do absolutely insane manuevers.

Naturally, of course, when you're moving at those kinds of speeds, chaining that sort of stuff is beyond hard. Especially when you're shooting enemies and doors at the same time, and possibly super jumping as the ball. But man there's nothing like it.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-29, 06:22 by OoBeY » Logged
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #8 on: 2004-05-29, 14:56 »

There we so many puzzles involving that technique in Zero Mission, and they were so damn fun to do.  I was incredibly impressed with that game.  It was very well made.

So the Booster IS back in Metroid Prime 2?  Kickass...can you post a link to where you saw that info?
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #9 on: 2004-05-29, 17:13 »

Pay special attention to the segment between 1:36 and 1:46, and tell me that doesn't look like our old friend to you.

Click here to "AGREE TO OUR EULA AND INSTALL GATOR SOFTWARE CLICK YES NOW!"
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #10 on: 2004-05-29, 17:38 »

DUDE
THAT WILL BE SO PHAT

... me goes and bugs zoid for a beta Slipgate - Tongue
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2004-05-29, 21:22 »

Hell i want all of those items and i couldnt decide..but i choose the grav suit! why? cuz you get extra shielding and you can go to hotter places than before (in the original metroid games)
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #12 on: 2004-05-31, 01:36 »

Yeah, that certainly does, except for the fact that Dark Samus is using it.  The screw attack and wall jumping looks friggin awesome as well.  Man, I can't wait for this game.  The dark/light world concept seems like it'll work wonders for the Metroid Universe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: