2024-04-29, 10:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Resurgence (Single Player Generations)  (Read 10501 times)
Skippy

Dopefish

« on: 2004-06-03, 04:56 »

Hey Guys,

Well I havn't been in here for months now. SO I haven't been able to keep up with what's going on. So I was wondering, does the WHS team still plan to have monster ai in Generations (version 1.1 I think)?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-03, 04:57 »

eventually yes.

It's just taking awhile. =(
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-03, 06:37 »

heh when its done eh?
Paco the Taco

Imp

« Reply #3 on: 2004-06-03, 06:50 »

I encourage you guys to keep up the good work! I believe this mod will truly get better. And speaking of this subject, will you guys consider doing DM and Co-op with monsters? That would be very good. I would even be glad to wait for those features, if only I got the singleplayer mode first. It would not be a problem.
GodHead

« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-26, 05:30 »

I'm almost certain Resurgence is impossible and will not occur in any shape whatsoever, and was only hyped up as possible to get people interested in the other aspects of the mod.  Maybe they originally intended to do it, but my guess is we'll never know.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-26, 05:33 »

Mr. ConfusedUs is a WHS team member. He says there's going to be Resurgence. ;]
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2004-06-26, 06:04 »

Resurgence is not impossible.  I've seen an early version of it.  It has locked doors and keys and monsters.  So there  Slipgate - Smile~
LooF

Imp

« Reply #7 on: 2004-06-26, 08:16 »

Slipgate - Ninja I made maps for resurgence 2 years ago ;d I seem to remember it worked pretty well
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2004-06-26, 08:27 »

Yup, Resurgence itself worked pretty good, the only problem per se is the fact that it's outright insane to work on something like Resurgence while other aspects of the mod need work. Re-writing the netcode for instance.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
LooF

Imp

« Reply #9 on: 2004-06-26, 08:30 »

nope, they just have lives or don't care enough. Not too much at all for a team of 15 or whatever it is
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-06-26, 08:37 »

Resurgence is not dead, it is just delayed for some very valid reasons, all of them technical.  It's rather counterproductive to add complexity (as in, monster code) to a mod when basic underlying things, such as how weapons work, are in constant flux.  It means you add monsters, rewrite weapons, rewrite monster code, clean up mess, etc, as opposed to write weapons, add monsters, be done with it.

Furthermore, if Resurgence is going to be killed off then we, as in The Wirehead Team, would make an announcement to that effect.  Good stuff takes time, and we're taking time because we want to do it right and, frankly, we have to do this in our spare time.  If anyone wishes to donate a year's wages to each team member so we can all devote time that would normally be spent working, paying bills, hunting for food, robbing banks, etc, to making mods please do so and we'll certainly be happy to expedite the development process for you.

(Just kidding about the robbing banks part Slipgate - Wink )

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #11 on: 2004-06-26, 08:57 »

Too bad that Resurgence is delayed. The idea is cool (reminds me of DooM). BUT you guys have a lot of work with Generations.So...Get busy (lolol) Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2004-06-26, 08:57 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #12 on: 2004-06-26, 14:54 »

Quote from: GodHead
I'm almost certain Resurgence is impossible and will not occur in any shape whatsoever, and was only hyped up as possible to get people interested in the other aspects of the mod.  Maybe they originally intended to do it, but my guess is we'll never know.
Resurgence is NOT impossible. I have proof:

http://www.planetquake.com/outpost/

Thumbs up!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #13 on: 2004-06-26, 15:04 »

Hmm, whats the legality of making new monsters for resurgence? I only ask because I vaguely remember It said somewhere that you only get away with Gen because you used the existing character models.

Anyway, aside from that, DaniJ  will have hopefully finished re-modelling the Doom monsters in a couple of months, so you can probably go and ask him if you want help with it. Jdoom will eventually get md3 support at some point so it shouldnt be too much trouble to make them cross over. Of course I can't say that he'll definately agree, but I assume he will Slipgate - Wink
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #14 on: 2004-06-26, 16:14 »

Resurgence should be out about the same time duke nukem forever  is.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #15 on: 2004-06-26, 16:47 »

You mean that JDRP will have .md3 monsters????

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-06-26, 17:16 »

Creating/releasing monsters in likeness of released games is illegal. This, along with the map remakes being illegal, makes it really hard to release a proper single player mod. The solution to this is basically what resurgence is. It just happens to work with plugin monster models and maps (or will, anyway). But we'll never release them as part of it.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #17 on: 2004-06-26, 17:22 »

Quote from: Tabun
Creating/releasing monsters in likeness of released games is illegal. This, along with the map remakes being illegal, makes it really hard to release a proper single player mod. The solution to this is basically what resurgence is. It just happens to work with plugin monster models and maps (or will, anyway). But we'll never release them as part of it.
You mean like the Hunt mod?  Slipgate - Wink

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2004-06-26, 18:00 »

RARRRRRRRRRR! GEN 1.0 COME BEFORE RESURGENCE!! NO CARE ABOUT 1.1!!! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

/me kicks a row of puppies into a football goal
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #19 on: 2004-06-26, 19:23 »

Anyway, aside from that, DaniJ will have hopefully finished re-modelling the Doom monsters in a couple of months, so you can probably go and ask him if you want help with it. Jdoom will eventually get md3 support at some point so it shouldnt be too much trouble to make them cross over.
To my knowledge, there is no issue with adding the monsters so long as they are built from scratch and not ripped from any other engine.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: