2024-04-29, 14:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resurgence (Single Player Generations)  (Read 10502 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-06-26, 20:28 »

Well, like I just stated, you were misinformed then, Angst: (most) monsters are trademarked/copyrighted as 'characters' and thus anything in their likeness is illegal without consent.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #21 on: 2004-06-27, 00:59 »

Quote from: Tabun
It just happens to work with plugin monster models and maps (or will, anyway). But we'll never release them as part of it.
Heh, I got it. Slipgate - Wink

Yeah Kruz, Jdoom should eventually have a model and animation system comparable to quake 3's, and a shader system is planned. There will hopefully be many parrallels between the two different engines, perhaps even close enough to say any hypothetical scenario of a transition of resources between the two would be almost effortless. Heh.

Dont get excited yet though, the work has barely begun. The JD*P remake of everything is in its infancy at the moment, but with new people, it will  hopefully not be as suspect and ... well ... shit this time.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2004-06-27, 08:26 »

Angst: (most) monsters are trademarked/copyrighted as 'characters' and thus anything in their likeness is illegal without consent.
Ahh, I wasn't 100% sure on that one. Thanks for clearing it up Slipgate - Tongue

I was under the impression that so long as it's not an apparent direct copy, there's no significant issues. Examples being the number of models on polycount that happen to be copyrighted characters. Megaman, Homer, Batman, Doom's imp and revenant, etc..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #23 on: 2004-06-27, 20:43 »

Resurgence should be out about the same time duke nukem forever is.

I hope not. WHS Tem isn't a bunch of idiots... . By the time that Duke Nukem Forever comes out, Generations will be at version 1.1 (at least i hope so...).

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2004-06-27, 21:11 »

Whereas I fervently hope there will never be (and never be any need for) a version 1.1. version 1.0 should be final! :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
GodHead

« Reply #25 on: 2004-06-27, 23:15 »

You guys only have 21 letters left to incorporate a lot of stuff.  Unless you start going .99za or .99za1.  It's like Street Fighter.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #26 on: 2004-06-28, 09:33 »

I hope that .99e is the last beta version. Now I ask YOU, WHS Team, will .99e be the last beta version??? Slipgate - Confused

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2004-06-28, 10:37 »

we hope
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: