2024-04-19, 17:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spider-man 2  (Read 6425 times)
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-06-30, 09:51 »

I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible, hence my thoughts will be rather abridged.

The movie was, in a nutshell, completely awesome, and I'm going to go see it again. Doc Ock was absolutely astounding, and although this might be blasphemy, I thought the movie version of him was superior to the comic book version. All the effects looked pretty much spot on, and I didn't see many glaring instances of CG, if any. Any scenes with Ock fighting were absolutely amazing. The acting was great, and I liked the story as well. Thats about all I can say really until the rest of you see the movie, so have at it.

Spoiler thought:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-01, 03:35 »

I agree with everything Oobey said save the glaring instances of CG comment.  Then again, I'm particularly anal about that sort of thing.

OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-01, 07:03 »

I thought it was obvious there was CG, but it was far from glaring, like for instance Reloaded's Burly Brawl, or perhaps Jar Jar Binks.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-01, 14:41 »

Quote from: OoBeY

Spoiler thought:
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-01, 17:55 »

dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-01, 17:57 »

OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-01, 23:12 »

lol
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-02, 15:42 »

Gina, lil, and I are gonna go see it this afternoon. ;0
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-07, 06:08 »

Um, Spiderman himself was glaringly CG.  But you guys are probably used to that, I didn't see the first movie and after a while I got used to seeing CG Spiderman swinging around.  And even a couple of times it feels like you are there with him.  I dunno how to rate the movie, not a huge fan of movies based on comics...  but I know it didn't seem like it lasted 2 hours, which is a good thing, so I guess it wasn't boring.  There was definitely too much "romance" crap in it tho.  And what's her name that plays Mary Jane is a f'ing dog, of course the guy that plays parker/spidey is umm way out of her league, to put it nicely.
K, those are my thoughts on Spiderman 2 as of this moment. *

*thoughts subject to change.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-07, 07:41 »

You know what?  You're all a bunch of spoiled whiners.  Really, why does everyone bitch about CG?  You want to go back to 1950's era claymation dinosaurs or what?  If you can do it better, do so, otherwise STFU and enjoy the damned movie already! Banging Head against Wall

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-07, 08:24 »

Do I.. see bitching about spidey2?

/me breaks out the rusty spoon...

THERE SHALL BE A RECKONING!

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-07, 08:37 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Really, why does everyone bitch about CG?
I didn't mean to sound as if I was bitching about it.  I do not care how good a movie's special effects are.  I wouldn't watch Godzilla or sentai if I did.  :p  (Although I must admit, if they are horribly done, I can't help but give a chuckle or too.)  I'm just highly impressed when all of the work that goes into a movie can actually fool me into thinking it's real, and that's very rare.  (I think I've been fooled two or three times so far.)

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-07-07, 19:19 »

It was not anything personally directed at anyone, Kain.  I just hear constant complaints about CG this, CG that, "plastic Neo, rubber fist", etc, and it gets tiring so I felt like ranting about it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2004-07-07, 19:51 »

I havent seen it yet, but I will this summer.

I don't  care if its CG. I'm looking forward to it.

BUT I used to be a big Xmen fan, read right back to issuse 1, but i stopped reading it about the time I saw the films. Don't want this to happen to SM as well.  Sobbing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: