2024-04-19, 20:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Napalm flame not showing up! (Conflict w/ other texture?)  (Read 4119 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-08-25, 09:12 »

This has NEVER happened to me before. When I fire the napalm, instead of the expected flame, blank black boxes show up. However, once the flame expands, it shows up.

Replacing the PK3 does NOTHING to remedy this.

I definitely suspect a conflict with a file I recently added, but I'm not sure what. (I deleted them just to be sure) Could you give me the file names of the flame textures?

Update - I found the filenames. Now I just have to find the source of the problem!

Update 2 - I have confirmed that the problem is a texture conflict. Now, to scour for the solution!

Last update - I tried the napalm on one of your servers with no problem. It seems this is a server-side issue. So I'll just play on your servers until I can sort this out on my part. Don't delete this post, for when I find the culprit, I'll be sure to warn you guys what file you should watch out for.

REALLY final update - The culprit was the Hell models for the Hunt mod. (hunt_hellmodels.pk3) Strange, since none of the files in the PK3 gave any suspicion of a texture conflict.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-25, 10:16 by Assamite » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-25, 10:28 »

It may not be a texture conflict, it may be a shader name conflict.  I would have to see the model file .pk3 to clarify this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-26, 00:24 »

Hellmodels for Hunt

I moved the file to the Hunt directory from baseq3, where it belongs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: