2024-04-27, 21:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where were you shot, son?  (Read 12019 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-08-29, 13:03 »

Moved to CC.

Now see, this is where the arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand.  Have I ever once wished harm upon you?  No.  Nor has Woodsman nor HedHunta.  We've all been trying to tell you how weapons can be safely handled, yet you're completely and utterly convinced that the bad guys are going to win no matter what, that anyone who contradicts you is automatically wrong, so let's just sit there and do nothing since obviously the criminals are better.  That's a real winning attitude for sure.  Sorry, but to me criminals are just humans who are too stupid to know how to make a real living.  They bleed just as easily as anyone else.

Guns are just machines.  Nothing more, nothing less.  More people get injured with power tools than firearms every year, despite the fact that firearms are more strictly regulated and require more training to handle properly.  Screw up with a table saw and I guarantee it will mess you up just as bad as a .357, and probably a lot worse.  If you've never handled a weapon or been properly trained in their useage what justifies you to act like some authority on the subject?  You offer absolutely no logic at all, nor evidence to back up your position.  All you have is scare-tactic rhetoric that's been so seared into your brain from God-knows where that you believe it without question.  Here's what you're saying so far:

1)  Nobody should own guns because YOU SAY SO.
2)  Anyone who owns a gun is completely helpless against criminals because "criminals are smarter and stronger and own guns too".
3)  Anyone who disagrees is an idiot BECAUSE YOU SAY SO.

You think that's really going to convince people?  I don't know if all of Europe is like this, but you've got the victim mentality down real good.  I guess that's what being "enlightened" is all about, and those "dumb stupid Americans" just don't know any better?  I know all Europeans aren't this dim because Tab and Reboot show a hell of a lot of intelligence, certainly more than is being directed at the subject by you.  That only leads me to blame either upbringing or your wonderful welfare states over there for poisoning your mind into thinking it's better to be a good victim than to stand up for yourself against the bad guys.  Yeah, France, Poland, and Czechoslovakia learned real quick what appeasement buys.  Nice to see you've forgotten so much in the last 64 years.  You really need to question what you believe instead of accepting it so blindly, but then I don't think you care about the truth, I think you only want to feel like you're better than everyone else.  If that's your attitude you can stuff it.  If you're not even willing to admit that you could be wrong, and listen to what people who actually know what they're talking about have to say, then I give you a big hearty STFU.

As for breaking into my "house", go ahead and try, and you better bring the whole freaking EU peacekeeping force because I guarantee you someone will leave dead and it won't be me.  I have 8 steak knives permanently affixed to my feet, and my reaction time is a hell of a lot quicker than you think it is.  So go ahead, try to sneak up on me and put a gun to my head, I doubt you'd know how to get the safety off since you despise them so much.  It'll be the last thing you ever do.  I'm completely merciless if someone threatens me or those I care about, so you better be damned sure you're ready to meet God because I have no qualms about taking life if I'm cornered.  So please, spare me the empty threats, and get off your elitist high-horse and start smelling what you're shoveling for a change.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #21 on: 2004-08-29, 16:19 »

Quote from: Phoenix
That only leads me to blame either upbringing or your wonderful welfare states over there for poisoning your mind into thinking it's better to be a good victim than to stand up for yourself against the bad guys.
In belgium, you have no idea how true that is..

You're talking about a country of pacifits, that let a few million moroccans in in the early 90's as a labor force, and are now too lazy/dumb/insert adjective here to regulate them, even though they are the cause of 95% of the crime in belgium alone. Some moroccans will be mugging some woman on a crowded street, and most belgians will walk by without even looking. Let alone lifting a finger to help...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #22 on: 2004-08-29, 16:44 »

in all fairness i think its well established that gameskeeper is no friend of the moroccans.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #23 on: 2004-08-29, 17:10 »

Oh, I know that, Im just stating the mindset of the general belgian people. He may not be for the moroccans, but I bet he would keep walking if 3 moroccans were mugging some woman across the street from him.

Me, personally, I would (and have) charged the mothersporkers and help the lady out. Whether they beat the crap out of me or not, is a non-issue. I would try my best, but 3-on-1 (which is how they usually do things) isnt the best of odds.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #24 on: 2004-08-29, 20:16 »

problem with the laws here at the moent is if we do something WE , the good people who got the robber in there house get punished .
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2004-08-30, 07:05 »

John the Baptist was imprisoned and beheaded.  Paul was stoned, beaten, and imprisoned.  All of Jesus's apostles were executed in one form or another save John.  How many civil rights activists in the 1960's in the US were jailed repeatedly, beaten, or assassinated?  How many people were killed in Tiananmen Square, standing up to the Chinese government's totalitarianism?  Good people often suffer for doing what is right, or as Murphy said, "No good deed goes unpunished."  Freedom does not come without cost.  The question you have to ask yourself is do you have the courage to do the right thing, regardless of the personal consequences, or do you not?  For me there's no question of what the right thing is.  You protect those you love, whatever the cost may be.

If the laws punish the citizen rather than the criminal it's time to start pressuring the government for change.  If the government has stopped listening to the people then it's time for a new government either by peaceable means, or by force as a last resort.  That's the primary reason the Second Amendment was written into the US Constitution.  Those who founded the country remembered the tyranny of King George, remembered having to house Brittish soldiers in their own homes, and remembered being taxed excessively with absolutely no voice of their own.  After the revolution they vowed to not let it happen again.  It was their opinion at the time that once the government stopped doing the will of the people then it was the people's DUTY to overthrow the government - by force if necessary - and replace it with one that does.  The Second Amendment is there to guarantee the "by force" part remains squarely in the hands of the citizenry as opposed to government troops who can use it to bully them into submission.  If you want to know why Americans are so protective of their firearms rights all you have to do is look at how the country was founded.  It's not an outdated ideal.  Corruption and power-mongering exists as much today - if not moreso - as it did over 200 years ago.  An armed citizenry keeps that in check.

Vortmax

« Reply #26 on: 2004-09-07, 16:31 »

If guns kill people, then I can blame my keyboard for any misspells in this post.

Slipgate - Smile~

I own six guns:  .22 single shot (antique), .22 semi-auto rifle, 16-gauge double barrell (antique), 20 gauge semi-auto (given to me by my daddy when I was 12), 16 gauge semi-auto (daddy's), and 12 gauge semi-auto (daddy's).  They are all in cases, under my bed, with trigger locks, and the ammo is four rooms away.

As with any dangerous item (gun, knife, kitchen appliances, automobiles, parrots Slipgate - Wink ), TRAINING is the key to safe operation.  To hold an inanimate (or in the case of parrots, live) object responsible for misuse by the owner is, IMO, ludicrous.

If people would take responsibility for their actions, this world would be a much better place.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2004-09-08, 01:48 »

Quote from: Vortmax
If people would take responsibility for their actions, this world would be a much better place.
Amen!

Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #28 on: 2004-09-09, 14:53 »

Quote from: Vortmax
parrots Slipgate - Wink
have a bad experience did we? maybe pho can help, i hear hes in touch with those of the fowlish (idk?? you get the point) persuasion  Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2004-09-09, 15:40 »

Vortmax is owned by several parrots.  Yes, you heard me right.  You don't own a bird.  It's the other way around.  Slipgate - Laugh

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: