2024-03-28, 12:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error (Memory Allocation Failure?)  (Read 14433 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-01-26, 22:52 »

Compressed Textures uses a lossless compression algorithm to send texture data across the AGP bus to the graphics card.  If your card can support it, then it's good to use, especially since Gen uses a lot of texture data.  Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #21 on: 2005-01-27, 16:35 »

Will my pair of voodoo 5's support it? and if not what will happen?

I'll see if the rockets travel faster next time I'm on.

Note: Yes, I have tried it now and they do seem to travel faster. The entire engine seems to run faster on my 2700+ ATI 9800 pro with telejano.
« Last Edit: 2005-01-27, 21:04 by shambler » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-01-28, 06:22 »

Sounds like Telejano screwed around with the game's internal clock rate without compensating for it.  Hehe, oops?

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #23 on: 2005-01-28, 06:44 »

GG!

I guess that means a more standard GLQuake engine for me, then.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #24 on: 2005-01-28, 13:56 »

Well, personally, I like the slightly faster game. I'm a telejano man. I like the colours, etc. I have even got a set of new textures together that I sometimes use. (None are my own mind, I have just got them together from odd places and use them on my lan.)
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #25 on: 2005-02-09, 20:24 »

I tried setting my fps to 125 and refresh to 10000.That made it worse.Then tried fps 60 refresh 3000 and got no difference.but fps 30 refresh 3000 the disconnect was quick or not at all. Doom - Huh? I'm not real sure what the refresh rate really is,or what it affects but 30 fps seems kind of slow.Seeing as I can set it on 125 and it stays constant until it disconnects.I'm so confused Slipgate - Distraught

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2005-02-18, 21:26 »

Com_maxfps 30 is entirely too low.  I'm assuming by "refresh" the mean the "/rate" command?  I'm not sure why you'd keep disconnecting except a hardware or network problem.  Are you on cable, or dialup, or DSL?

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #27 on: 2005-02-19, 01:30 »

I was assuming /rate was adjusting the refresh rate. Might be wrong though. I have a DSL connection with a wireless hook up. Somebody here at school said it might be my wireless adapter and he said there's not much that can be done. As for 30 fps being to slow: it seems to fly for me. Maybe the indicater on upper right of my screen might be wrong? Not going to worry about that right now.

Oh yeah the reciever for my wireless is hooked up to a router. Don't know if that info will help any... Thanks for your efforts anyway. Thumbs up!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2005-02-19, 05:43 »

The "/rate" command has to do with how fast your system sends packets across the network during play.  Com_maxfps determines how many times in one second to update your screen.  It won't affect gameplay speed, but it does affect how smooth things draw.  Com_maxfps does have some effect on your network speed, as the higher a framerate you run at, the more often your system will send commands to the server.  com_maxfps and rate both have some effect.

Wireless, eh?  That's probably the issue right there.  If you could, try hardlining to a network sometime and see if that helps get rid of it.  You could be picking up interference, so you might try tinkering with the wireless settings.  It's possible the router is flakey too.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: