2024-04-28, 12:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Topless sunbathing in Cali? (Let's hope not.)  (Read 10829 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-02-07, 21:53 »

What seems odd to me is the inbalance of censorship, age-limitations etc.
It is not done to show a single nipple on public TV, but mindless non-stop violence is ok. Soft drugs are under a frightfully strict ban, while the use and abuse of tabacco & alcohol is promoted heavily. In a lot of cases that makes little sense to me.
But then, I don't live in America, and in this respect, I'm rather glad about it, too :]
« Last Edit: 2005-02-07, 21:54 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2005-02-07, 21:55 »

Quote from: Angst
It's not the boobies that I find offensive, it's the drooling morons that will result from it.
Indeed.  That's the problem, do women want to bear their chests in public?  If so, and granted permission to do so, you have to deal with the negative consequences that go with it.  Take what happened recently in Germany for example.  A woman on unemployment was offered a job at a brothel.  She turned it down.  As a result, it was decided she could lose her unemployment benefits because prostitution is now considered a "legitimate profession" there.  If a man pulls her off the street and forces her to have sex, it's rape, yet the government can say "you have to let any man screw you who wants or you lose your benefits".  Think about that very carefully, and decide "what kind of society do I want to live in?"

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: