2024-04-30, 22:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No-Doom FFA night (Wow)  (Read 6102 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-03-24, 09:43 »

I don't have any media to offer from these games -- I hope Tabun has some demos of the Euro game at least.

It was a blast to play minus the Doom class, honestly. Even when playing 1-on-1 with both on random class, the lack of Doom ever appearing slows the game down quite a bit -- and that's hardly a bad thing. I don't think any one class dominated on any map tonight, and I was doing fairly well with all four that were in the game.

Anyone else who played tonight have something to add? Slipgate - Smile

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-24, 12:50 »

Why yes. It was tons of fun, and I even seemed to be able to play normally after about 3 hours ;]

It didn't 'slow the game down' for me though, it just created more tense moments :]

Anyway, I have some demos, yes, and I'll see if I can either get some pretty screenies, or demo-links uploaded.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-24, 22:05 »

... i happen to have some DEMO's too... not of everything, not all great, but some apply...
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-24, 23:07 »

wish I could've been there, but my real life is dominating these days.

Pho conveniently can't make our custom games (is he even around lately?) ... would've been nice to see him cringe without his baby Slipgate - Smile

we might have to kick Doom out more often.

*moves the gas can for the chainsaw*

Slipgate - Ownage
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-24, 23:58 »

No more DooM?!  Ack!  Unthinkable. Nope.Uh-uh.

Anyway I wished I could have made it. Night was a little to busy. Darn....

*pulls mini gas cans out of pack and hands to fellow DooMers with evil grin*

Doomed  Doomed
« Last Edit: 2005-03-24, 23:58 by death_stalker » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-25, 18:36 »

If a certain team member had been reading the development boards, he'd know that my system was down for data backup, repartitioning, and error corrections.  See while everyone else was playing and having a good time, I was busy making sure that Gen's development process can't be killed by a computer crash, virus, or hard drive failure, as well as giving myself a lot more hard drive space to work with.  Give me a little credit here.  Also, it's not "convenient" that I can't make the games, it's bloody inconvenient but there's nothing I can do about it.  If I could make it, I would.  I know you all miss the CameraBird.

That being said... mecha I will personally kick your ass with any class, even Slipgate vs Slipgate.  I'll take you on Strogg vs Slipgate if you like.  Or how about this, why don't we run a "no Slipgate" night and see how much mecha whines?
 Slipgate - Laugh

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: 2005-03-25, 18:55 »

Or how about this, why don't we run a "no Slipgate" night and see how much mecha whines? Slipgate - Laugh

Or how about when Makou runs blindly into the one and only Doom rocket/Strogg railgun blast/MP40/a Flamethrower's line of fire (pun intended) and starts cussing! Dahaha!!!  Thumbs up!

Regards,

Yickle.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #7 on: 2005-03-25, 19:19 »

Most of the time that happens, it's because I either realize how stupid the action was, or because my connection decided "I like losing packets!" and I have no control over where I wind up going. I've honestly had a CI message pop up by one of the SSG's on Warehouse, and when it vanishes, I'm standing next to the YA.

Ban any class you want for a night -- I'll never complain about that, since I'm getting fairly decent with all five. Slipgate - Ownage :rules: (insert Earth, Strogg, Arena kickass signs here)
« Last Edit: 2005-03-25, 19:20 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #8 on: 2005-03-25, 19:44 »

I got stomped both forum games way bad, but it was great fun! I kept getting shot dead. That's what happens when you havn't played in months.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-03-26, 02:59 »

Here are the links to Nahand's demos of the no-doom FFA night.

I'm sure he'll post here to elaborate on the recorded matches.

http://www.tabun.nl/tmp/Nah_noDOOMnight_1.zip
http://www.tabun.nl/tmp/Nah_noDOOMnight_2.zip
« Last Edit: 2005-03-26, 03:00 by Tabun » Logged

Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #10 on: 2005-03-27, 02:35 »

... thank you Tabun, for hosting those demos! Slipgate - Wink About them, they are 2 demos per zip, first zip containing the both the bigger and the smaller of the demos (4 total). 3 are POV of me playing either with Slippy, or Earth; and a fourth one that is a flyby of Tabun, Kajet and the other guy (OMG sorry i forgot! /*ashamed*) on Q3DM19 - great for screenies Slipgate - Laugh ...

... they are all relatively enjoyable to watch, but there's the Slimy Place one where i get slime-diving up to a ridiculous situation (you'll see) and the final where I and Tabun get on sudden death (and slime ;o ). Of all these 4 demos seemed to me the ellectable for the community. Enjoy! Slipgate - Wink ...
« Last Edit: 2005-03-27, 02:35 by Nahand » Logged
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #11 on: 2005-03-27, 03:23 »

Quote from: Phoenix
If a certain team member had been reading the development boards, he'd know that my system was down for data backup, repartitioning, and error corrections.  See while everyone else was playing and having a good time, I was busy making sure that Gen's development process can't be killed by a computer crash, virus, or hard drive failure, as well as giving myself a lot more hard drive space to work with.  Give me a little credit here.  Also, it's not "convenient" that I can't make the games, it's bloody inconvenient but there's nothing I can do about it.  If I could make it, I would.  I know you all miss the CameraBird.

That being said... mecha I will personally kick your ass with any class, even Slipgate vs Slipgate.  I'll take you on Strogg vs Slipgate if you like.  Or how about this, why don't we run a "no Slipgate" night and see how much mecha whines?
 Slipgate - Laugh
I won't whine if there's No-Slipgate. I'll just use Strogg. let's not be stupid here.

I was the one that even offered a No-Slipgate option, FYI.

and I wasn't aware that I was supposed to read development boards to find out what Phoenix is doing. and the "convenience" line was just a joke. we all know you can't make the custom games.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2005-03-27, 06:35 »

It was Kingu, on Q3DM19.
And before anyone asks, it was supposed to be a cheesy/odd/insane/stupid map for that round ;]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: