2024-05-01, 09:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strogg vs Slipgate TDM night!  (Read 4396 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2005-03-31, 01:59 »

Euro games have been played, belated but lasting quite long! Thanks all for attending and accepting my shaft ;]

http://www.tabun.nl/tmp/gen/tab_strogslip_20050331.zip

Contents:
- The Longest Yard (q3dm17)
A game of utter madness, in an insane environment. This basically was Strogged Tab vs Everyone as Slipgate, but Makou was nice enough to join me after a while. You won't hear me brag often, but this is one of those times where I "pweened", scorewise, anyway.

- Iron Yard
Slipgate: Tabun, Nahand
Strogg: Makou, Alucard, Kingu, Seymour Gibbs
Pretty tense game, fun map, good frags and fun altogether.

- q3dm12
BFG10k here we come!
Slipgate: Makou, Tabun
Strogg: Alucard, Kingu, Seymour Gibbs
Some switching occurred, Nahand returned after some minutes, so the teams where kind of a mess. Even so, lots of fun fragging and discharge kills :]

- q2dm8
Slipgate: Nahand, Kingu
Strogg: Alucard, Kajet
VERY close call, the game was far from decided during the last minute. I spectated multiple POV's for this one.

I think (team inbalances aside) the Strogg and Slipgate class are balanced, even in maps without railguns and even in the face of incredible odds. But just take a look at these fun demos, and see for yourself!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-31, 08:29 »

This was one of those games where it didn't matter one bit whether you were on the winning or losing side -- it was just plain fun. When I joined Tab on the Longest Yard, I contributed basically nothing to him. I always have sucked on space maps, and I sucked void more times than I can remember at the moment. Even if it had remained All vs. Tab, he likely still would have "pwnt" on that map. I jokingly say "Tab cheats" a lot, but he's honestly just an awesome player when he's in his element.

That said, all of the maps I played were a blast. Tab even turned friendly fire on, which made for some rather funny accidents, like me accidentally pasting Alu with a quad rocket on Iron Yard. Sorry about that, dude. Slipgate - Wink

So grab the demos and see for yourself!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-31, 15:22 »

*Tab blushes*

I wouldn't worry about that single quad rocket kill Mak - I've seen Alu kill his teammate (only part accidentally) on Simply Dead, just to get the Quad ;]

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-31, 19:29 »

Oh, I'm not worrying about it -- I thought it was funny! Slipgate - Ninja

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-31, 20:16 »

... hey Tabun... not to be a pain in the arse, but, since i have no place to upload DEMOs (and these forums have limitations), can i ask you to host some demo's of mine? It's perfectly fine if you decide not to. I understand...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-31, 23:56 »

I suggest you look for some place to host your files soon. I don't mind doing it one or two times for ya, but I wouldn't like for it to become a hobby. Just email what you have for now, and google for a free spot to host stuff (ReBoot knows a place, and maybe you can as Warden about Qtheism's hosting Slipgate - Smile).

Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-01, 00:17 »

... Slipgate - Wink ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: