2024-03-28, 19:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thing I hate!  (Read 7802 times)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« on: 2005-04-08, 17:34 »

Want to know what I hate the most. Esp on forums.
People?s animated annoying, make you want to shove a shank in your head, gif images!!!

The first of this annoyance appeared on Yahoo! several years ago, but are now present on all annoying web pages. The most common and annoying gif is the ugly Email gif. This image is very important when a simple word just won't do.
Some make you want to have an epileptic seizure, or it just happens. Good luck finding the blasted deamon who made it so you can kick his *bleep* and sue his *bleep* Some make you want to smash your monitor in, grab a glass shard and stab your-self. Other, just entice you to run to the nearest window, and scream bloody murder to God, and jump out. (Hmm work of the devil here?) Others, make you crazier then a drunken sailer, and make you not yourself. In my case, I grab my sketch book and scribble madly, wasting paper, and killing more trees. Slipgate - Sad .

The most cheesy gifs I?ve seen.
WARNING: May cause the ever so desirable epileptic seizure, and make arouse suicidal feelings.

Like, WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!?

Even God don't inderstand this.

Trust me take the red pill. Slipgate - Wink

I love people's raunchy overusing web bars
Oh I just love bars! What a great way to add a cheesy graphic to separate your nonexistent content! When shopping for bars, look for one that doesn't have a thing to do with your web page. For example, if your annoying page is a tribute to a frog in your backyard, then don't use a frog bar, instead use something like a color fade. Just make sure it's been done before on many other annoying pages.

I'll use this for my website on how to plant greenhoused dafidils.

I just look forward to dying of cariac arrest from these bullets

Click Here Now this just makes me want to castrate myself.

Click Here I wanna die, NOW!!!! *me cries and starts convulsing*

>8/{ )3
P.S can someone tell me what the heck this is (see above), someone said it was a "smily"
« Last Edit: 2005-04-08, 17:43 by Little Washu » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-08, 18:10 »

That last thing is quite obviously a smiley, representing a man getting his head chopped off with a (hiltless) machete, having a ballsack for a chin and a cute birth defect in his upper lip, wearing a paper hat the wrong way around. Clear as crystal.

Annoying as all that may be, I wonder though, would god 'inderstand dafidil'? j/k :]
« Last Edit: 2005-04-08, 18:11 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
nobody

Spectre

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-08, 19:30 »

Aw, come on man. How do you REALLY feel?

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-08, 21:13 »

:!:  I hate when I rant and make funny gramatical and spelling errors  Sipgate - Evil  , but: THIS IS SERIOUS! Thousands of people are dying from sezures and heart attacks  (can I say pokemon) and suicide from these things every hour!  Slipgate - Distraught

That last thing is quite obviously a smiley, representing a man getting his head chopped off with a (hiltless) machete, having a ballsack for a chin and a cute birth defect in his upper lip, wearing a paper hat the wrong way around. Clear as crystal.

Lol  Slipgate - Laugh
But I did it wrong. For some reasone, it wont' let me put a backslash in there so I'll use this:
>8^{ )3
« Last Edit: 2005-04-08, 21:18 by Little Washu » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-09, 05:09 »

Fortunately, there is a solution to this epidemic.

First of all, ditch Internet Explorer.  Use This web browser instead.

Then, get Adblock.  Any of us who have it can export a very nice set of filters that will block 99% of annoying advertisements on the web.  In addition, you can almost always block other annoying elements on a page that are not necessarily ad-related.  You can also add and remove filters at will, so if you run across something new that makes you want to gouge your eyeballs out with a rusted spoon, you can gouge it off the web page instead.

Don't feel like going through the trouble to permanently remove something because you're only going to visit a page once?  Try the Nuke Anything extension.  Just right-click, then select "Remove this object" and *poof*, no more annoying graphic.  You can take floating bars off the screen, hell you can remove the entire web page piece by piece "just because you can".  It doesn't do anything to the actual website (no, it's not a hacking tool), it just removes it from your screen temporarily.  Refresh the page, and all is like normal again.

The only solution to the increasing level of absolute stupidity on the internet and general annoyance of the user is to take control over what content you allow on your machine.  It's your computer.  You should have the final say over what goes on inside it, nobody else.   These tools should help to give you more control over what you have to put up with on the net.  Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
nobody

Spectre

« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-09, 15:15 »

Spot on, Pho!

Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-09, 15:50 »

Thanks for the advice, and I will take it into account. Slipgate - Wink
But people are taking this kinda thing into forums. Like their signature, is so freaking annoying. Like they will use 2 colors, that together, would irritate someone's eyes. I see it everywhere I go.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-09, 15:50 by Little Washu » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-09, 16:46 »

Well, if they're doing it with text there's not much you can do except complain to the moderators, but graphics-wise you can knock the images off the page using Adblock and Nuke Anything.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #8 on: 2005-10-08, 10:36 »

I found yet another one! Here, take a look at this one:

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-10-08, 11:18 »

No... actually there are days when I feel like that.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2005-10-08, 11:47 »

that last 1 needs to be on the forum. I like it. Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-10-09, 16:24 »

Except it's too big a graphic, and people would spam it too much.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2005-10-09, 20:01 »

but it represents almost everething I like in quake 3.

GIBS :p
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2005-10-17, 13:28 »

Animated gifs can crop on you when you least suspect it. Slipgate - Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: