2024-04-19, 21:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Night Slugfest (4-9)  (Read 5426 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-04-09, 04:58 »

Well, I'm not having a good week. I forgot it was Friday.

But that's good news for you, because that means tomorrow is our weekly Saturday night Free-For-All. No restrictions other than the usual deathmatch rules, so join up, pick a class, and kill stuff!

And you can do that at:

European Games

Server: GenArena FFA Euro 0.99f | 80.79.36.5:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm CET

North American Games

Server: GenArena Central[WHS] .99f | 69.93.136.70:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm EST

Pay us a visit on IRC (irc.wireheadstudios.net, #wirehead) before the rockets start flying. If you haven't voted for next Wednesday's custom gametype, do it now!

See you in the arena.

Game on!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-10, 19:50 »

Well I took my first serious venture into the Euro games yesterday, and I must say it was a blast.  We played FFA, TDM, and CTF.  CTF is *hard* with 150 ping.  That match on Bold as Love I don't know if anybody really knew the map.  I know I still get lost on that one routinely.  I'd describe the CTF games as organized chaos, except I don't think either team was really that organized.  We had enough people to (sort of) make up for that.  Also, my apoligies to anyone who thinks I was being overbearing when I yelled at my team.  I just tend to do that in CTF matches, the reason involves a long-winded story nobody's probably interested in hearing.  The TDM matches were the most fun of the night I think.  I would have stayed longer if I could, but hunger happens!

The USA games didn't have as nearly as many players, at least by the time I showed up.  Come on, guys, you don't want to be out-done by those guys across the pond, do ya?
 Doom - Huh?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-11, 00:24 »

I couldn't play well to save my life during the Euro games. Although I did prove that skeet with the Hyperblaster is possible. Too bad the guy I got was on my own team...

US games were fun, however. Thumbs up!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-11, 00:24 »

I have noticed that in the last few weeks the Euro game players greatly outnumber the US game's attendants.
I still don't like CTF much myself, because it only makes sense when two trained, balanced teams get some action, and I get shouted at both for unbalancing and balancing teams, as far as possible. Aside from that, it's fun to just play around a bit. I do have some demos, so when I'm sober again, I'll sort through them and upload the cool ones.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Vorlonesque

Team Member
Pain Elemental

« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-11, 03:03 »

First forum game I've played in a long while...I was surprised it actually worked over my dial up connection (@24.6k).  I did horribly...but that has as much to do with my sucking as anything  Slipgate - Wink .
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-11, 03:54 »

Tab:  I know what you mean, I kind of jumped on you in that CTF game.  It's not your fault, I just get very, very frustrated with CTF when I get stuck playing either defense or "get the flag back all the time" out of necessity.  Just about every CTF game I ever play ends up like that, and historically it's because someone hops teams on me and the rest of the team abandons the flag room to go do whatever.  I do not like it when I feel like I'm trying to carry a team by myself, and when I'm the HPB on the server I get twice as cranky for it.  I get frustrated with myself for not succeeding, and frustrated with my team mates for not trying hard enough, and I have a bad tendency to blow up at them and anyone else within clawing distance for it.  CTF requires organization and strategy, whereas TDM you can just frag anything that isn't your team.  I think a lot of players tend to forget that CTF isn't just "deathmatch with flags".  I know I had a better time in the TDM games.  That last TDM I think was my favorite match, even if my team lost, because it was to me the most balanced game of the night.  Everyone got some good frags in, and I was able to go random and get in some nice battles without the game being excessively one-sided either way.

I do know that I absolutely hate friendly-fire in big matches.  Nothing sucks worse than getting shot by an errant rocket and it wasn't even the other side that launched it.  Well, maybe one of your team mates knocking you into the void right when the other side is charging the flag room qualifies as worse.
 Slipgate - Surprised

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-11, 05:00 »

On FF: agreed. I do love it for 2on2's though (or for 4vs1's! Slipgate - Smile)

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
CrioKnight

Ogre

« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-11, 20:35 »

I want my "baby-back" "baby-back""baby-back"
I want my "baby-back" "baby-back" "baby-back"
Chili's "baby-back" ribs.

BBQ sauce.

I want my "baby-back" "baby-back" "baby-back"

Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print