2024-04-19, 05:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web comic thread  (Read 4390 times)
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« on: 2005-04-12, 08:33 »

Most people here will probably find this comic entertaining to say the least

http://www.vgcats.com/

And check out this particular one if you're getting tired of Nintendo's DS advertising campaign

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/extras/ds.php

Not sure if this comic is worksafe or not contains violence, vulgarity, minor gore, and the occasional sexual situation....  everything needed to make anything that's really funny
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-12, 12:57 »

See this thread first. No need for two webcomic-threads, where people have to repeat what they've stated before :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-12, 14:23 »

That topicx is ancient, why bump it?
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-12, 15:41 »

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN START A NEW ONE.

Slipgate - Ninja

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-12, 17:32 »

Quote from: Footman
That topicx is ancient, why bump it?
I'm with footman here.

That old thread died MONTHS ago. We're not so popular that there's a new thread on the same topic every day.

More activity is better.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-12, 18:33 »

Well, it's about webcomics, it lists good webcomics. This thread is intended to.. hey! it's intended to list good webcomics!
If more activity is so important, i'll just copy/paste my post here. In fact, we might just copy and paste all posts containing links to webcomics here, that'll get the thread bulging within mere minutes :]
« Last Edit: 2005-04-12, 18:33 by Tabun » Logged

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-13, 07:47 »

I never even knew the other thread existed. Slipgate - Distraught

Where the hell was I when that happened?

Anyhow, there are far too many web-comics that I enjoy reading so I'll avoid putting down ones that have already been said, and I'll post just five.

JACK -- I can't link to it due to its content, but I'll go ahead and quote an excellent description of it:

"An amazing strip of grotesque beauty. Life, death, horror, love ... this is a masterful use of the sequential art medium. And don't be fooled by the fuzzy characters, this strip is 100% FOR ADULTS ONLY! NC-17 for sure. "

The Parking Lot is Full (PLIF) -- PLIF is probably one of the oldest web-comics in existance.  It has been retired now, but it's still full of cynical charm and sardonic wit.  I also can not link to this one due to its content.  (This is where that comic about eating your clones comes from.)  In fact, I think most would find PLIF more offensive than JACK. :p

Scary-Go-Round is an awesome comic that details the odd happenings of the main cast, (an odd, friendly girl, two slackers, a female super-agent, and a genius inventor.)  The comic is broken down into chapters and each chapter tends to focus mainly on one or two of the characters.  The best way I could classify the genre of this comic would be a comedy-drama that's semi-grounded in reality with a slight dash of dark humor.

Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi -- While "doujinshi" is often associated with hentai, it really just means "fan-comic."  Bleedman (the artist of the comic,) and his friends have a real knack for taking existing characters (just about every recent cartoon that has aired on Cartoon Network,) and masterfully weaving them together into an awesome and somewhat emotional story.  Bleedman does tend to update sporadically, but every comic is lush with detail and color.

Radioactive Panda -- I really had a hard time choosing the fifth one, but I decided to go with a lesser-known, humorous comic. Radioactive Panda is essentially about the lives of two mad scientists and their werewolf friend.  After being forced out of their castle by a mob of angry villagers, they take residence underneath a Chinese restaraunt where a former mad scientist dwelled.  There they hang out with some of the employees of the restaurant, three zombie guys, and several other creatures that lurk about.

And there you go... that's about a 1/5 or so of the web-comics I read.  I hope I didn't sound too artsy in describing them.  I hate being artsy, but I don't think "I like this comic, because it's cool." is very helpful.  Slipgate - Smirk
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 07:52 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-13, 12:32 »

Well ok then:

My comics page has been updated once or twice, too:

It's here, you lazy sloth comic reader, you

- Cat and Girl
Very good stuff. Nice art, but very stylish storytelling and generally melancholic & dry humour.

- Rehabilitating Mr. Wiggles
Well, this is mainly for when you agree with Neil Swaab that taboo's are so last century. Not for everyone, but I can definately appreciate it.

- Excelsior Studios
Home of (at the moment) Bite me! (I think it was, anyway). Great artist. Also home of the Anne Frank comic - I really really really hope he'll finish that one, some day.

- Return to Sender
Very very good comic. Brilliant storyline, although it's nowhere near finished. Very clean and nice artwork, too. Definately worth keeping an eye on.

Also, because I don't think the content will make a link somehow jump off the screen and slap you in the face with a grill:

Do not click if the kids are watching: P.L.i.F. - http://plif.andkon.com/archive/archive.htm
Do not click if you're not into hairy sex: Jack - http://www.pholph.com/
« Last Edit: 2005-04-13, 12:33 by Tabun » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: