2024-04-19, 10:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you use (against Makron)  (Read 16329 times)
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« on: 2005-06-12, 15:52 »

In the final battle between Makron, and Pvt. Bitterman, What weapon did you use?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-12, 18:30 »

Quadded Chaingun.  Most effective shredder against something that big.  I've used rockets, grenades, rails, and even the mighty BFG from time to time, depends on how I want to "finish" him. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-12, 19:07 »

Ya need yer BFG, like.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-12, 19:43 »

I would use HyperBlaster (vote)  or chain and some pilars to hide.
 Not BFG, it is a room cleaner not anti singletarget.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-12, 19:51 »

Now playing Gen Q2, here's my weapon lineup:

For Wolfy, bazooka on Jorg (the mechanism the Makron rides), then finish the Makron with the dualgats and flamethrower.

Doomguy it's plasma.  Lots and lots of plasma, same as old Cyberdemon on E2M8.  I know most people go rocket duels with the Cyber, but I love frying his sorry ass.  Same with Makron.

For Quakeguy, I like to use rockets more because Skippy has a hard time using anything else on the Makron.  The bastard seems to like to use the BFG constantly every time I go Quakeguy against him (maybe he knows Skippy's reputation?), so I rocket Jorg from behind the pillars, and use the shaft to finish the Makron himself once he's hurt enough.

The pillars are lifesavers on that level.  Makron is a wimp if you can hide behind them and snipe him.  If it were completely out in the open those chainguns on Jorg will cut you to ribbons if you don't have an invulnerability artifact to tote around.

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-12, 20:33 »

pho: can i get a link of where to get q2gen? i know u cant dl it nemore but can u send it to me in pm?

thank you
« Last Edit: 2005-06-12, 20:35 by NovAReapeR » Logged
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-12, 20:37 »

I would definitely use GTKRadiant...
Smiting has never been easier than shift-click, delete, and a quick modification to a trigger. Slipgate - Wink

Ok, without hackity cheating, the blaster for sure...its just more amusing that way.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-12, 20:39 by Xypher » Logged

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-12, 20:40 »

novareaper , its somewhere on fileplant , just search for generations . Slipgate - Wink
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-12, 20:45 »

thank you Slipgate - Smile
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-12, 21:01 »

but how do i play through the OTHER campaigns?
« Last Edit: 2005-06-12, 21:39 by NovAReapeR » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-12, 22:11 »

Well, the only other campaign in there is some Quake 1 single player maps.  If you start Q2 Gen and do a "map q31m1" it should take you to the Slipgate Complex.  Once you finish Gloom Keep you'll have to cheat to get to House of Chthon since the next map isn't in there.  There aren't any other Quake maps.  There's one playable Doom map, that's de2m8.  It has two cybers you can fight.  

Just beware of a few things if you play single player Q2:  The Doomuse command for Wolf and Doom crash the game on certain switches.  If you save, and reload it has the 3.15 sound bug where monsters make the wrong noises after a game reload.  Also, it has the memory bug if you play the Upper Palace maps, so you have to cheat to get through those too.

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-12, 22:13 »

thanks pho Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-13, 06:57 »

Great, now I want to play The Reckoning deathmatch again so I can use my ion ripper to frag people.  Doh!

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-13, 09:49 »

my trick is to always have a quad damage in the inventory. i always did that against bosses in q2. then I perforate him with the chain gun. and BAng kill him. then i go downstairs and spend all my ammo on carmack's photo  Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2005-06-13, 09:49 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-13, 15:55 »

Quick question on q2 generations. I know production was halted on it but is anyone (not you guys) working on the buggs in it? Or is that a big no-no.

-EDIT-
As for my vote... Railgun. Oh my the memories. Gonna have to play again... Duh-oh.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-13, 15:57 by death_stalker » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-13, 16:08 »

Production was completely halted.  There were two spinoffs from the original project though.  The first was iGen, which became Resurrection or RSRC.  It was headed by Carnage who started as the coder for Generations Arena and went AWOL for about a year, and was dismissed from Wirehead as a result.  He continued RSRC for a while, it was originally hosted on frag.cl.  Dinesat4 says he's still working on it,  but I have no idea where it's being hosted and if he even has a host.  It's pretty much illegal, as it is a direct continuation of GenQ2, but it does have the benefit of not crashing with the Doomuse bug, and it has beefed up damage for the Doom SSG at least in the latest build that I have.  Don't ask me where you can download it, because I honestly have no idea at this point.  I do have a zipped up copy floating around, but I won't host it anywhere since I don't want any obvious legal repercussions with id, and before anyone asks yes I legitimately own all the games it's based on.

SOG was the "legalized" continuation of Gen.  They have their own page at http://www.planetquake.com/sog/ where you can download it.  All the illegal models and sounds are gone, it does have the ACE bot for multiplayer, but it suffers from some very bad (read:  memory crash) bugs.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-13, 16:48 »

That's cool. I would never ask anyone to do anything illegal, especially you guys.  Slipgate - Smile Need to keep in good standings with id.  
 Slipgate - Wink

I was just curious about the bugs. I haven't downloaded gen yet but maybe in the future sometime. It sounds good and all but I prefere this mod over it. Got too many mods for my games anyway.  Slipgate - Smile But it's worth checking out.

Um, one more thing... What's the name of that source port for Q1? I think it starts with a "T". Tenebra? I do want that one and just soo many posts to go though to find it....

Sorry folks that'll be my last  
     Slipgate - Off Topic  post in this thread.
Carry on  Slipgate - Smile

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-13, 17:51 »

Telejano or tanebrae. I use telejano myself, as I think it looks better. Slipgate - Ownage
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-13, 18:08 »

Tenebrae has bugs, framerate eating, lag the game 10 seconds at a time bugs.  I tried it once, and did not like it.  I just use Q2K4 since it has yummy interpolation and makes Quake bearable for me so it doesn't look like a bloody slideshow.  For Quakeworld multiplay I've been using EZQuake with "old school" settings since it also has yummy interpolation.  Connecting with ASE is tricky, you have to manually copy the IP address to connect or it'll screw up your settings, but having interpolation is SOOOO much nicer than seeing "Skippy" live up to his nickname.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-13, 18:51 »

Quote from: shambler
tanebrae. I use telejano myself, as I think it looks better. Slipgate - Ownage
Ah that's the one. Tenebrae, but if it has bugs that bad I'll try something else. Maybe telejano or Q2k4. Thanks for the heads up on Tenebrae Pho. Thumbs up!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: