2024-03-28, 15:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artsy Tutorial ((Remember my old vid-tuts?))  (Read 11969 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-24, 05:01 »

I mainly posted that to show how annoying it is to have to read controversy-corner worthy stuff where it doesn't belong - and mine is not even in EVERY thread posted.. If you want to discuss how this person defends a non-falsifiable theory by demanding that an opposing concept be proven with hard evidence, please do, but stick it in the CC. Please keep it there, if at all possible.

Does the new PS have auto-save (every x minutes)? I do that by hand, usually incrementing filename-number combinations to keep 'backups', too. It's a good practice, but if it were automated, you won't get that power-failure the one single time that year when you didn't save often enough ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-24, 06:19 »

That was my annoying signature.  Slipgate - WTF

As to your question, I havent fully explored that yet.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-24, 06:21 by Little Washu » Logged

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-25, 07:51 »

Update...

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-25, 11:24 »

wicked axe man
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-25, 13:56 »

i was board so I made a model of an axe in Maya 6. BTW I will be gone until next saturday on vacation, won't be back until next week. So see you guys then!
Take a peak.

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

My skin map:

« Last Edit: 2005-06-25, 14:03 by Little Washu » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2005-06-25, 15:22 »

I'm afraid the screenshots are a little dark - from the looks of it, it's a very nice (first?) attempt though.
You may want to try to get a bit more subtle metal texturing on the blade, and some shadow/light play on parts of the model itself, while tuning down the contrast of the wood texture.
Keep at it, and one day you may be able to take over a Resurgence modelling project :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #26 on: 2005-07-02, 21:49 »

Quote from: Tabun
Keep at it, and one day you may be able to take over a Resurgence modeling project :]
Oh yeah, I gotta keep working on my chaingunner dude, haven't touched him since school finals.

I am a very avid modeler, so things like the axe I just did took no more effort then making a piece of toast. That model and skin took me about an hour and a half roughly. Not to brag or anything. :]

Here is something else I'm working on. It is a map for UT2k4

That torch model I made in Maya, I used various alpha channels to deliver the transparency on the top. The particles, I made them a while ago in Photoshop 6, then I had to program a script to make the flames react realistically. There is still some bugs to work out. I want to colorize it more. In the center should be that yellow color, and as the flames move up, get more red.

Close up of the torch model.

The landscape: The terrain textures were made in Photoshop 6. and the amethysts were modeled in Maya, skinned with Photoshop 6, and an environment map was created from the scenery around it. The black is just brush clipping.

Castle WIP.
« Last Edit: 2005-07-02, 23:23 by Little Washu » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: