2024-04-19, 04:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I NEED HELP WITH MY GENERATION (it givs me error of interface)  (Read 9663 times)
djbola

« on: 2005-06-30, 23:34 »

Please Help me this inst working right
please..........................
when im entering the generations it givs me a error of inter face "users interface is VERSION 6, expeted 3" !!!!!!
what should i do??????
please tell me!!!!!
i implorate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Slipgate - Sad  Slipgate - Sad  Slipgate - Sad  Slipgate - Sad  Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2005-06-30, 23:45 by djbola » Logged
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-01, 01:01 »

Do you have Quake 3 Arena WITH the 1.32 patch? If you do, try to reinstall Generations Arena. If it still doesn't work, uninstall Quake 3 Arena and reinstall it, then install the 1.32 patch, then install Generations Arena.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-01, 22:34 »

Yes, it would be helpful if we knew a bit more about your Quake III Arena install before we can really recommend a fix.  It does sound like your version of Quake III Arena is an older copy since it's expecting a lower version number for the User Interface.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
djbola

« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-03, 21:01 »

Thanks guys it worked!!!THAKS A LOT!!!!!!
 :rules:  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!
djbola

« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-03, 21:05 »

Thanks a Lot to you all!!!!! it Worked im so happy!!!!!!thanks :rules:  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!
djbola

« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-03, 21:11 »

Just 1 more thing, can you say why arent servers of generations whit ppl, if there are plesae tell me were or the IP please!!!!! i tried all seeing eye and gamespy but they all empty, please i cant stand no more without playing generations!!!!!! plaese!!!!!!!!!!! Doom - Huh? :!:  Doom - Huh?  :!:  Doom - Huh?  :!:  Doom - Huh?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-03, 21:26 »

That's because most of the people only play in scheduled days. You have to check in a daily-basis (if you can) for new scheduled matches.

BTW Don't use so many smileys

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #7 on: 2005-07-03, 21:34 »

treble posting?
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-03, 21:56 »

my head is spinninging. too many smileys!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-07-03, 22:18 »

We have scheduled games when most people play, typically 9 pm Eastern for the US on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and 9 pm CST for the Euro server.  Otherwise, just hop in a server and someone might come along to join you.  You can always blast some bots too.  The manual details how to add them to your game.  Slipgate - Wink

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #10 on: 2005-07-04, 01:04 »

Don't you mean CET for the Euro games?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-07-04, 03:05 »

If that's what it is, then yes.

djbola

« Reply #12 on: 2005-07-13, 14:54 »

Thanks but i dont know how to put bots in  a game
I?m a new in this thigs and i cant get very furder whit this thigs please theal me how to put bots in a game Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?  Doom - Huh?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-07-13, 17:36 »

You can add bots by name by typing commands.  For example, to add a skill 3 Doom bot you would type:

/addbot doom 3

Any bot named in the Quake 3 Arena manual can be added this way, and they'll spawn as the Generation they hailed from.  For example, Doom and Phobos will be Doom Warriors, Ranger and Wrack will be Slipgaters, etc.  In addition, there are bots for Swine, Krusade, and Deathknight.

If you just want to have a random mix of bots, you can set the g_spskill variable to control the bot's skill for auto-joining, and then specify the number of players you wish in the game, including yourself.  To add 4 bots at skill 3, type the following:

/g_spskill 3
/bot_minplayers 5

The skill levels are as follows:
1 - "I can win."  Bots are basically cannon fodder.
2 - "Bring It On." They'll move around but don't expect too much from them.
3 - "Hurt me plenty." The bots will put up a fight.  Make sure you do the same.
4 - "Hardcore."  Good practice for skilled players, challenging for average players.
5 - "Nightmare."  YOU are cannon fodder.

Weapon damage for all skill levels below "Hardcore" is reduced.  The bots still require the same number of hits to kill, and their weapons will still bounce you around the same, but they play with a handicap at the lower skill levels.  For "Hardcore" skill and above, the kid gloves come off and they can give as good as they get.

If you don't like a particular bot, you can boot it.  To kick Doom off the server, type:
/kick doom

Remember to set bot_minplayers back to "0" if you want to remove them from play, or they'll come back once you kick them.  Then type /kick allbots to boot them out of play.

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #14 on: 2005-07-13, 20:16 »

i prefer nightmare, there twice as deadly MWHAAAAAA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: