2024-04-29, 07:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So much for Peace...  (Read 5395 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-01-26, 17:12 »

Official results in the Palestinian balloting aren't expected before late Thursday, but leaders of both the ruling Fatah Party and Hamas said that Hamas, which has masterminded dozens of suicide bombings against Israel, won a majority of Palestinian seats in its first legislative run.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/26/D.../D8FCEI209.html

I hope somebody's paying attention here.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-26, 23:56 »

I heard it on the news. Poor people. They're doomed to a dark-age life. Those Hamas will never leave those seats now. In a few months-time, they'll start a revolution and will take over the goverment. Why is this so obvious? ...

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-27, 04:04 »

That's just it, as of now they are the government for the Palestinians.   This means continued violence and warfare is guaranteed from here on out between the Palestinians and the Israelis.  That is, until some "miracle worker" steps out of the shadows with a peace deal that can be confirmed with many.  Hmm, I wonder who that will be...  Someone from the European Union, perhaps?

It's an amazing set of events.  Yasser Arafat dies a while back, now Iran has a madman running the country trying to build nukes, all the while expecting the "Mahdi" (aka the 12th Imam, the "Muslim Messiah") to appear within 2 years and rule for 7 years (coincidentally the same period of time the Christian "Tribulation" period is supposed to last), after which they believe judgement day comes, so he's doing everything in his power to hasten Islam's equivalent of Armageddon (yet claiming their nuclear program is peaceful).  Israeli Prime Minister Sharon is comatose and unlikely to recover, which leaves Netanyahu (a hardliner) as the most likely candidate for PM in the upcoming elections, and now Hamas is running Palestine!

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-27, 17:55 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] I heard it on the news. Poor people.
Those poor people will get only what they deserve. If they see fit to put a group of crazed terrorists incharge of their goverment than ill shed no tears from them when Israel wipes them from the earth like dog crap from a boot.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2006-01-27, 20:02 »

You and we all know damn well how this kind of thing can happen. It could have been (it most certainly was) through fear that they got so many votes, it could have been because they cheated on the elections, etc. I'm not saying that there aren't bastards in that group of people, but you can't just jump into the edge of the question, that would only mean that you lack of interpretating skills. I doubt that everyone in Palestine wants a bunch of terrorists in charge, that only means death.

The most irritating thing in this situation is that the terrorists don't give a crap about the people they are going to kill / killed. Now those will, in the right time, be dealt with time, and they will wiped from Earth like the scum they are.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-01-28, 02:44 »

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.  And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. - Zechariah 12:2-3

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2006-01-28, 16:29 »

You also have to see it from the palestian side.
they have always been surpressed by the isrealis.

they get shortened of of the watersupply.

there are rules against them that says they cant produce some products ( wich isrealis can )

the places where they may live , are places where there is nothing.

so dont call them all terrorists , the israellis made as much mistakes as those palestians

(aka the 12th Imam, the "Muslim Messiah") to appear within 2 years and rule for 7 years (coincidentally the same period of time the Christian "Tribulation" period is supposed to last)

the bible uses some numbers to just indicate a long time.
some of these numbers are
40, 7,70

moses stayed in the desert for 40 years ,  in the arq of noah , it rained for 40 days, jezus stayed in at a well for 40 days.

so basicly those numbers don't mean anything
« Last Edit: 2006-01-28, 16:33 by games keeper » Logged
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2006-01-28, 16:59 »

We are living in 'intresting times'

this world can't be real. its too crazy.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2006-01-28, 17:26 »

Games, that's about the most ignorant thing I've heard you say to date.  Numbers DO have meaning.  Saying "Oh, this number just indicates a long time" only illustrates what you don't understand.  There is a way to understand when the bible is being symbolic, and when it's being literal.  Saying "Moses wandered the desert for 40 years" means just that - he wandered the desert for 40 years.  When you go to Genesis and it speaks of the "days" on which the universe is made, it can be inferred that this is an undetermined period of time, as it states later in the bible that a "day to the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as a day".  You have to look within the bible to find the context through which to interpret what you're looking at.  It's interconnected and self-explaining, but it does require someone to pay attention to what they're reading and not make blanket assertions, as you are so fond of doing.  The period of Christian tribulation is based on specific lengths of time that sum to 7 years.  If you want to understand prophecy, I suggest some hard study as I have done, but do me a favor and study it from the Christian side, not the secular side that has no interest in understanding, but only undermining, before discussing it with me.  I already know what the secularists have to say about Christianity and prophecy, so you're not telling me anything I haven't already heard.

Now back to the Palestinians, we've heard the Palestinian side on the news for years.  We've seen Arafat at the White House, given the Nobel peace prize, and billions of dollars funneled into Palestine.  We've also seen the results of peace overture after peace overture.  What we've really heard was the PLO's side.  NOBODY hears the Palestinian people, all we hear are the terrorists among them launching missiles, or blowing themselves up at checkpoints.  That's how the news works.  The ones over there who do want peace are not heard.  They never are.  Also, did anyone in this thread call all Palestinians terrorists?  I stated what the news article said, that Hamas is now in charge of the Palestinian government.  Kruzader said that he doubts everyone in Palestine wants a bunch of terrorists in charge.  I see this as a bad development since it means more suffering both for the Palestinians and the Israelis.  You seem to have this idea that some of us want to see the Palestinians wiped off the map.  Last I checked, nobody has called for this.  I'm certainly not sitting here on my lofty perch looking down on the Palestinians wishing for their deaths.  The Israelis could easily wipe them out, but have done everything in their power to coexist with the Palestinians and the other Arabs near by.  Hamas, and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad have publicly stated that Israel should be wiped off the map and the holocaust did not happen.   Let's be sensible here.  We know what Hamas wants, they've publicly stated it.  We know what Iran's government wants, they've also publicly stated it.  We know what Israel's Arab neighbors want, history has that written down in the events of 1948.  We've been through this already!  Now Fatah and Hamas are at each others throats in Palestine, a situation that could push Palestine into a civil war.  That means outside interests who care absolutely nothing for the Palestinians will use this as an opportunity to further infiltrate the region and take more shots at the Israelis.  Let's also not forget, Jordan and Egypt have forced the Palestinians to remain within the West Bank and Gaza strip, forbidding them from leaving, while the Jews at least allowed them into Israel for jobs.  Don't turn a blind eye toward the suffering their Arab neighbors have caused them simply because the world finds it more convenient to blame the Jews.  Hamas, Islamic Jihad, The Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade, Al Qaida - those are Palestine's true enemies, not the Israelis.

I would love to see peace in the middle east, however the events taking place there forbid it from ever being possible.  Man's nature forbids it, and scripture has said "there will be no peace".  Barring some miracle of devine or devilish nature, conflict is guaranteed in the region for the forseeable future.  I don't know what you may or may not have against the Israelis, you do seem to favor the Palestinians for certain, but I will say this for myself.  I don't wish to see suffering of any living thing.  My only wish for this world has been and will remain to see an end to suffering of all kinds.  I do not hate the Palestinians or the Jews.  Please keep this in mind.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #9 on: 2006-01-31, 02:15 »

Let's not forget that what is the current "State of Israel" was installed after WW2 with huge backing from the West, not least of all the USA, so it is nonetheless understandable that the Palestinians regard Israel as the enemy, particularly in a time when both political and religious opinion has been polarised across the globe, hence the extremes getting the lion's share of the vote.

Still, we're all gonna die when the planet heats up anyway. Slipgate - Tongue

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: