2024-04-20, 08:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Disease in California  (Read 4294 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-05-21, 18:49 »

(CBS) LOS ANGELES It's a mystery disease straight out of the "X-Files." But those who suffer from it will tell you it's painfully real.

Imagine sweating beads of a black, tar-like substance; pulling colored threadlike strings from sores all over your body; or feeling like your skin is crawling with bugs. Worst of all, not only are doctors unsure of what it is, many tell patients they're making it all up.

Sufferer Annette Riaubia said, "They start out like little pimples or something and you scratch them, and they bust open and they spring forth these weird fibers like a strand of a piece of cotton. "
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_139151348.html

Since we have several regulars like Woods, Kenny, Lee, etc, that live in California, I thought I'd post this so that you'd all be aware of it.  It's certainly bizarre.  I surely hope nobody gets it.  I've never heard of anything like it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-21, 21:38 »

Happily we all reside in northern california far from LA so i wouldnt worry too much about it. How ever the other guys did go to LA for E3 so they may be at risk. I how ever am not and thats the important thing.  Having a Beer
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-21, 21:40 »

im making another quick post so my post number wont be evil.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-22, 08:13 »

http://www.dpref.com/

This link may or may not be related, but I have a strong feeling it is.  The page hosts several (some may consider it graphic) photographs of skin cells from a possible morgellons sufferer.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-22, 08:16 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-22, 09:16 »

This is definitely related.  It certainly appears to be some kind of unknown parasitic or at least invasive life form.  Either it's an unknown native species, something artificially made by mankind, or something not native to this world.  People like to think of aliens as being little men in a spaceship.  The possibility of a dangerous microorganism being transported by a meteorite usually isn't one's first thought when you say aliens, but it is actually the most probable form of alien contact.  Fungal spores have been known to survive in the most hostile conditions on earth, and some plant germs can survive 10,000 years in the hot arid sands of the desert.  I'm not saying it's life from another world, but who knows what might be able to survive the cold vacuum of space, and the heat and blast of atmospheric entry?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-24, 21:16 »

And here's an update:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/9264350/detail.html

At lease some health professionals are taking it seriously.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: