2024-04-28, 22:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plane Crashed on NY  (Read 6152 times)
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« on: 2006-10-11, 21:01 »

Put CNN now or BBC.A small plane crashed in a apartament blog on the floor 30.
Its on the york st with 72th avenue

Well,an attack has been discarded and Bush won't attack or say anything against someone.
The situation seems to be under control but,I'm not too sure...

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #1 on: 2006-10-11, 22:22 »

Apparently they reckon the plane belonged to a baseball player. Speculation abounds, although at this point I don't think it's terrorism as opposed to a tragic accident.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-10-11, 22:24 »

It was piloted by Cory Lidle, pitcher for the NY Yankees.  The plane was registered to him.  He was the only one aboard the plane, and his passport was found at the scene.  There were low clouds and haze, and the plane was seen to be flying somewhat erratically before it hit the building.  It was not in contact with a tower, so he was flying by sight and instruments - not uncommon for small private aircraft - and probably got confused as to his position and did not have time to react by the time he saw the building.  Unless the guy had some weird death wish, I think terrorist motives can be ruled out.  Accidents happen.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #3 on: 2006-10-11, 22:40 »

This was obviously an accident, but people can't forget 9/11. Thousands of planes fly over NY, so accidents are bound to happen.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #4 on: 2006-10-16, 15:45 »

I see too much on the news these days, especially while at work, where we have 150-200 tv's located through out our building, especially around the cubicles, every tv was tuned to cnn that morning, questions abound to what happened.
Husayn Abd al-RaHiim

Unnamed Player

« Reply #5 on: 2006-10-16, 21:08 »

[Removed by Moderator - Hateful Content]

Moderator says: We shall have none of that on our boards. If you'd like to call us infidels do so on your own time and space. Calling an entire nation evil is like basing a brand bad based on a single bad batch of bagels. I suggest you educate yourself and rethink your morals especially when it comes to entire groups of people, nations, or races. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-26, 04:34 by Xypher » Logged
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #6 on: 2006-10-16, 22:23 »

Screw all that... I just generalize...

Death to humanity!

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #7 on: 2006-10-16, 22:24 »

death to Kruzader!
When you die, and die you shall, I will laugh at your hole, and scream of rejoice, for your pitiful religion with the "greatest" of cubes, declared war to the toughest Sons of Bitches in the whole World.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #8 on: 2006-10-17, 09:01 »

Figures its Bush's fault right?
Just like it's his fault that there was a hurricane, just like it was his fault about gas prices, just like its his fault for the rain.
« Last Edit: 2006-10-17, 09:01 by Little Washu » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2006-10-18, 02:44 »

Well after the first report, it turns out there was actually a flight instructor on board.  Now I can understand an unskilled pilot crashing.  What I cannot understand is a flight instructor allowing an unskilled pilot to crash.  I still believe it was an accident and nothing more, but barring any mechanical problem with the plane as a cause I would wonder about the competency of the instructor.  I guess we'll never know.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #10 on: 2006-10-18, 14:32 »

Was there a instructor on board? I thought it was just the pilot on board, and the weather was foggy if i heard right? Why was he flying in those conditions, and why did they not realize where they were flying at?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2006-10-18, 15:48 »

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...1545317,00.html

Initially the reports varied from 4 people being on board to just Lidle on board, but it appears it was two people - Lidle and a flight instructor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: